Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mrs B comes up trumps again!

Wikiposts

Mrs B comes up trumps again!

Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:28 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mrs B comes up trumps again!

Don't forget the camera(phone)!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:33 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I've been put off for life now. Any 'river crossing' will never seem the same again - not that there's much call for them..

Expatsia's words will be ringing in my ears..I will feel duty bound to withhold any snippet of advice..
You could maybe branch out into survival video's?

How to walk with buggies and cross swollen cracks in rivers
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
You could maybe branch out into survival video's?

How to walk with buggies and cross swollen cracks in rivers
Lol. Stroller 'n' Wild sound good?

I expect I would have to admit that I had the full support of a support crew and that no babies were ever in any danger.

PS Has anyone seen those Man V Wild programmes? I've seen one and they are funny especially as they are so contrived.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:19 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. Stroller 'n' Wild sound good?

I expect I would have to admit that I had the full support of a support crew and that no babies were ever in any danger.

PS Has anyone seen those Man V Wild programmes? I've seen one and they are funny especially as they are so contrived.
Wet n' Wild sounds better but a bit naughty.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with being proud of ones Missus or Partner. I really like to hear people having pride in their partners.

Beats the old whining about the foibles of ones Ex that we generally see.

I wonder why people seemingly dont like to see people take pride in their Partners. ?

It's a strange ole world sometimes.

Surely others on here have taken pride in something their partners have done... or is it the British way not to speak about such things ?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Nothing wrong with being proud of ones Missus or Partner. I really like to hear people having pride in their partners.

I wonder why people seemingly dont like to see people take pride in their Partners. ?

Surely others on here have taken pride in something their partners have done... or is it the British way not to speak about such things ?
Mate if you met her or knew her you'd understand. There are lots of, if trivial, things that she does well. She's getting better and better!

As far as I am concerned it is the British way to do many things - and that is have respect and pride in their partners..I don't discriminate here. And it's not limited to Brits either. If nothing else, migration has taught me to take people at their worth.

You only get one chance - (well maybe more than one) but take it whilst it comes.. I think it is sometimes the BE way to be churlish - banter aside.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mate if you met her or knew her you'd understand. There are lots of, if trivial, things that she does well. She's getting better and better!

As far as I am concerned it is the British way to do many things - and that is have respect and pride in their partners..I don't discriminate here. And it's not limited to Brits either. If nothing else, migration has taught me to take people at their worth.

You only get one chance - (well maybe more than one) but take it whilst it comes.. I think it is sometimes the BE way to be churlish - banter aside.
Pride in your partner is one thing, I don't know her abilities and am not going to comment on that. This isn't a comment aimed personally at her or you....

.What I do feel I HAVE to say, with my disaster management hat on, not my personal or mods one, is I hope to God that if any of those kids or mums are faced with a thigh high crossing of a flooded creek again they don't try and cross it. Do you have any idea how many people drown because they think they can walk through flooded creeks? Do you have any idea how many people risk their lives to rescue people from flooded creeks? And do you know what - when those people are rescued, the lucky ones, they get asked "Why?"and the answer is almost always "Cos I know someone else who did it and they were OK".

And I know for a fact if I was on shift and I got a report of the SES or swift water rescue having to get out there and rescue a bunch of mums and kids who got into trouble walking through a stream, I wouldn't be able to post my comments on here, the filter would explode.

End of public safety message. Sorry guys, not being a killjoy, just doing my real job.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 6:30 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Pride in your partner is one thing, I don't know her abilities and am not going to comment on that. This isn't a comment aimed personally at her or you....

.What I do feel I HAVE to say, with my disaster management hat on, not my personal or mods one, is I hope to God that if any of those kids or mums are faced with a thigh high crossing of a flooded creek again they don't try and cross it. Do you have any idea how many people drown because they think they can walk through flooded creeks? Do you have any idea how many people risk their lives to rescue people from flooded creeks? And do you know what - when those people are rescued, the lucky ones, they get asked "Why?"and the answer is almost always "Cos I know someone else who did it and they were OK".

And I know for a fact if I was on shift and I got a report of the SES or swift water rescue having to get out there and rescue a bunch of mums and kids who got into trouble walking through a stream, I wouldn't be able to post my comments on here, the filter would explode.

End of public safety message. Sorry guys, not being a killjoy, just doing my real job.
Very true Polly, not only is the risk of drowning high but the risk of injury from any debris that may be submerged in the water, the water may have been contaminated leading to diseases ect ect ...
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:12 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should stone him

[thinking Life of Brian here]
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think we should stone him
I will present her to you tomorrow...it's not me that is culpable here.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

The taking pride in the other half is not the issue. I think it's lovely that he wants to share his pride in his wife publically. What most people (including me) have issues with (nothing to do with us obviously) was what she did and we don't consider it the brightest thing to do in the circumstances. It's a discussion board, Badge has been around long enough to know how it works. Had a child fallen in the thigh high/few inches deep creek and his wife had rescued said child there would have been complete congrats all round. As it is most of us (maybe females?) think it was a reckless not congratulatory thing to do and because it's a discussion board, we have a right to say so.

It's unimportant what we think anyway. Badge loves and admires his wife and along with many other blokes is more than happy to say so publically. Having a whinge about a partner isn't being negative, for the most part it's done in a funny way showing that we all love our partners and can laugh at their annoying habits.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:36 pm

I will present her to you tomorrow...it's not me that is culpable here.
No, it's more fun floggin you mate. You come back for more
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, it's more fun floggin you mate. You come back for more
Get f**ed.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The taking pride in the other half is not the issue. I think it's lovely that he wants to share his pride in his wife publically. What most people (including me) have issues with (nothing to do with us obviously) was what she did and we don't consider it the brightest thing to do in the circumstances. It's a discussion board, Badge has been around long enough to know how it works. Had a child fallen in the thigh high/few inches deep creek and his wife had rescued said child there would have been complete congrats all round. As it is most of us (maybe females?) think it was a reckless not congratulatory thing to do and because it's a discussion board, we have a right to say so.

It's unimportant what we think anyway. Badge loves and admires his wife and along with many other blokes is more than happy to say so publically. Having a whinge about a partner isn't being negative, for the most part it's done in a funny way showing that we all love our partners and can laugh at their annoying habits.
Fair enough on the creek thing but whilst it was deep I don't think it was that dangerous.. I mean people choose to cross roads in the wet - people make choices. My point was more about the fact she decided that she would rather help other people even if she got cold and wet. I hate getting wet feet and I have a lot more experience than she does. And there are certainly river crossings I would not undertake - now - full stop.

To be honest I've always found BE a forum where people will argue!

There's a few other forums I frequent and there is no way people get into the discussions we have here. I sometimes think it's down to the wide subject matter and wide audience. Sure we're all mostly Expats but we come from such varied backgrounds.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 8:19 pm

Get f**ed.
now that's not Australian Badge ...or is it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.