Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mrs B comes up trumps again!

Wikiposts

Mrs B comes up trumps again!

Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mrs B comes up trumps again!

Originally Posted by expatasia
Close but no C.B.E. this time, thanks for sharing.
You're welcome...

...tell you what - I jealously guard dry feet, boots and socks. I might have even been tempted to remove boots...also a safety issue - naturally...
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Badge it was either thigh high which is what you said in your original post and would be dangerous .....or it's ankle height as per the above, hence my joke about it being a puddle and no big deal.

Which one is it mate?

Either way, glad all worked out good all round
IF it was ankle-height (and less dangerous - you are one of 2 people who have mentioned risk) then she would still have got wet feet. Wet feet are not much fun out on a [longer] walk. But she did it so that noone else would have to get wet feet. Gets a mark in my book!

Thigh height is not dangerous if the water is not rapid and someone is fairly fit. People make choices. As you say, they're not always the correct ones.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:12 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
IF it was ankle-height (and less dangerous - you are one of 2 people who have mentioned risk) then she would still have got wet feet. Wet feet are not much fun out on a [longer] walk. But she did it so that noone else would have to get wet feet. Gets a mark in my book!

Thigh height is not dangerous if the water is not rapid and someone is fairly fit. People make choices. As you say, they're not always the correct ones.
Are you Gareth Keenan in disguise?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:14 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Except when they are babies and had your wife dropped one due to losing her footing

Puddle = OK

Swollen creek = not OK

Either way, you can forget about a Knighthood
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:15 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Are you Gareth Keenan in disguise?

More importantly, do you have a stapler and some jelly
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:19 pm

Here is Gareth Keenan at his finest
http://www.schadenfreude.net/2009/04...eth-keenan.php

I had forgot about how funny he is/ was
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

A positive 'lovely' post some people like..

I'm known for always being impressed with the Missus. Well this last few months she has been taking 2 strollers (she gets help with one) out walking for about 20k around the edge of the village with a group of like-minded Mums.

They were about 200m from our house and perhaps 3/4 of the way around the circuit and about to cross the creek after a descent down the steep hill that leads to it. Recent rain has swollen the water to thigh-height and the rocks across were slippery.

She waded into the water up to her thighs and carried all the babies, young children across followed by all the buggies. She then held the hands of the rest of the Mums and guided them across the rocks.

And rather than stop at our house and change, she carried on walking the circuit..

She is an effing legend my Missus. And she told me the story as her walking boots dried infront of the fire as if it was just business as usual!
Personally I wouldn't allow someone to carry my baby across thigh high water unless it was absolutely necessary (and this wasn't), I think the mum's that allowed your wife to do that were irresponsible.

What happened to the babies while the buggies were being brought across? Were they just sat at the side near thigh high water waiting to be put in their prams, whilst their mums were on the other side and your wife was in the middle of the creek/puddle/whatever?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Personally I wouldn't allow someone to carry my baby across thigh high water unless it was absolutely necessary (and this wasn't), I think the mum's that allowed your wife to do that were irresponsible.

What happened to the babies while the buggies were being brought across? Were they just sat at the side near thigh high water waiting to be put in their prams, whilst their mums were on the other side and your wife was in the middle of the creek/puddle/whatever?
mate, I think Badge meant ankle deep not thigh high [see post 17]
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
mate, I think Badge meant ankle deep not thigh high [see post 17]
If it was ankle high then whats so special about it?

These women walk 20k, they're hardly invalids!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:33 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Badge, before you get definitive plaudits or brickbats on here, go take some pics of the incident scene and include as many pertinent details as pos (witness statement from one of the other mums would help) and confirm you've bored the missus shitless in the past with info on survival techniques out in the wild - how long you all been in Australia?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by LouiseR
If it was ankle high then whats so special about it?

These women walk 20k, they're hardly invalids!
Which was my original comment

It's special to Badge and that's what matters
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:35 pm

Badge, before you get definitive plaudits or brickbats on here, go take some pics of the incident scene and include as many pertinent details as pos (witness statement from one of the other mums would help) and confirm you've bored the missus shitless in the past with info on survival techniques out in the wild - how long you all been in Australia?

I think I just peed my pants

[Sorry Badge]
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:38 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

A positive 'lovely' post some people like..

I'm known for always being impressed with the Missus. Well this last few months she has been taking 2 strollers (she gets help with one) out walking for about 20k around the edge of the village with a group of like-minded Mums.

They were about 200m from our house and perhaps 3/4 of the way around the circuit and about to cross the creek after a descent down the steep hill that leads to it. Recent rain has swollen the water to thigh-height and the rocks across were slippery.

She waded into the water up to her thighs and carried all the babies, young children across followed by all the buggies. She then held the hands of the rest of the Mums and guided them across the rocks.

And rather than stop at our house and change, she carried on walking the circuit..

She is an effing legend my Missus. And she told me the story as her walking boots dried infront of the fire as if it was just business as usual!
as long as her vag was ok

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Badge is proud of his wife for doing what she did, there is nothing wrong with that.

Is there really any need to disect it all and pick it apart?

I am proud of Mr PP for many things he has done, they wouldnt register on anyone elses scale but they do on mine and there is nothing wrong with posting on here about it.

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
as long as her vag was ok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.