Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mrs B comes up trumps again!

Wikiposts

Mrs B comes up trumps again!

Old Aug 10th 2010, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mrs B comes up trumps again!

A positive 'lovely' post some people like..

I'm known for always being impressed with the Missus. Well this last few months she has been taking 2 strollers (she gets help with one) out walking for about 20k around the edge of the village with a group of like-minded Mums.

They were about 200m from our house and perhaps 3/4 of the way around the circuit and about to cross the creek after a descent down the steep hill that leads to it. Recent rain has swollen the water to thigh-height and the rocks across were slippery.

She waded into the water up to her thighs and carried all the babies, young children across followed by all the buggies. She then held the hands of the rest of the Mums and guided them across the rocks.

And rather than stop at our house and change, she carried on walking the circuit..

She is an effing legend my Missus. And she told me the story as her walking boots dried infront of the fire as if it was just business as usual!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:03 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mrs B comes up trumps again!

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

I'm known for always being impressed with the Missus. Well this last few months she has been taking 2 strollers (she gets help with one) out walking for about 20k around the edge of the village with a group of like-minded Mums.

They were about 200m from our house and perhaps 3/4 of the way around the circuit and about to cross the creek after a descent down the steep hill that leads to it. Recent rain has swollen the water to thigh-height and the rocks across were slippery.

She waded into the water up to her thighs and carried all the babies, young children across followed by all the buggies. She then held the hands of the rest of the Mums and guided them across the rocks.

And rather than stop at our house and change, she carried on walking the circuit..

She is an effing legend my Missus. And she told me the story as her walking boots dried infront of the fire as if it was just business as usual!
Was there no safer way for them?

I can just imagine people thinking it was asking for trouble if something terrible had happened.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Great story! It sounds like she could handle a triathlon without too much trouble.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:06 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

And your point is
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Was there no safer way for them?

I can just imagine people thinking it was asking for trouble if something terrible had happened.
Well...they would have had to return around the circuit and retrace most of their steps. The creek is only a few meters wide. All she was doing was ensuring that everyone had an easy passage across.

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
And your point is
My point - she came up trumps. But this is typical of her.
It's good that people like her still help other people and get on with things.

Or is this going to turn into another doom and gloom BE post? The ones where nothing good or out of the ordinary happens in people's lives?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:15 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Well...they would have had to return around the circuit and retrace most of their steps. The creek is only a few meters wide. All she was doing was ensuring that everyone had an easy passage across.

My point - she came up trumps. But this is typical of her.
It's good that people like her still help other people and get on with things.

Or is this going to turn into another doom and gloom BE post? The ones where nothing good or out of the ordinary happens in people's lives?
Mate she didn't save the world or feed the starving, she went walking with a few mums around your village and came across a puddle and helped the kiddie winks accross it. Big deal
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mate she didn't save the world or feed the starving, she went walking with a few mums around your village and came across a puddle and helped the kiddie winks accross it. Big deal
You miserable sod...it was a big deal for the people with her, some who were a lot further from home.

But the people who save the world often start out small closer to home. It was typical of her.

I didn't see all the other Mums clamouring to get in there. The water was pretty cold. It's a sign of recent drought that the water has never fazed people before. This time was different.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:30 pm

You miserable sod...it was a big deal for the people with her, some who were a lot further from home.

But the people who save the world often start out small closer to home. It was typical of her.

I didn't see all the other Mums clamouring to get in there. The water was pretty cold. It's a sign of recent drought that the water has never fazed people before. This time was different.
You need to get a life mate
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You need to get a life mate
I really have seen it all now. hmm..
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:33 pm

I really have seen it all now. hmm..
Don't take it to heart Badge
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:34 pm

Joking apart, you mentioned your wife was up to her thighs in water. What if she or the kids had drowned as this has happened before? We shouldn't promote walking across swollen rivers I don't think mate.,

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Aug 10th 2010 at 1:41 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Joking apart, you mentioned your wife was up to her thighs in water. What if she or the kids had drowned as this has happened before? We shouldn't promote walking across swollen rivers I don't think mate.,
OK mate...I thought you said it was a puddle? It is a very narrow corner of a creek swollen in height but not swift. We had 7mm of rain last night - one of the lower amounts compared to the rest of the state. In fact the level must have risen slowly over winter or she has not mentioned it in the past. A fit athlete sprinting might even jump it. In truth I can't remember how wide at the moment. She made a choice after talking it through with the others. If it was even ankle height - well she decided to get wet feet - she got cold and wet so that others did not have to do so. That was all!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:58 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

OK mate...I thought you said it was a puddle? It is a very narrow corner of a creek swollen in height but not swift. We had 7mm of rain last night - one of the lower amounts compared to the rest of the state. In fact the level must have risen slowly over winter or she has not mentioned it in the past. A fit athlete sprinting might even jump it. In truth I can't remember how wide at the moment. She made a choice after talking it through with the others. If it was even ankle height - well she decided to get wet feet - she got cold and wet so that others did not have to do so. That was all!
Close but no C.B.E. this time, thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:01 pm

Badge it was either thigh high which is what you said in your original post and would be dangerous .....or it's ankle height as per the above, hence my joke about it being a puddle and no big deal.

Which one is it mate?

Either way, glad all worked out good all round
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by expatasia
Close but no C.B.E. this time, thanks for sharing.
The Queen is washing her hair today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.