Mozzies!

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mozzies!

Just woke up to find my left arm ( the one i had above the cover) has 15 separate mozzie bites on it... Ffs! Taken antihistamines and slapped on everything i can find, but i'm swelling up like the michellen man
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

stenik will become famous soon enough

I know there is probably no comparison, unless you have encountered it for yourself, but our midges in the Highlands of Scotland are the most vicious little barstewards you will ever meet in the uk! I get eaten alive by them and come out in those horrible mega itchy spots that you just cant stop scratching until they bleed..... and I have lived here most of my life. I find the only repellent ever to work is Avon's Skin so Soft spray. I will be taking some over with me and if it doesn't work, well so be it. This will be interesting.......
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:42 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stenik View Post
I know there is probably no comparison, unless you have encountered it for yourself, but our midges in the Highlands of Scotland are the most vicious little barstewards you will ever meet in the uk! I get eaten alive by them and come out in those horrible mega itchy spots that you just cant stop scratching until they bleed..... and I have lived here most of my life. I find the only repellent ever to work is Avon's Skin so Soft spray. I will be taking some over with me and if it doesn't work, well so be it. This will be interesting.......
I've experienced midges all over the UK and the absolute worst ones were in Devon - they'd beat your Highland midges with their legs tied behind their back

TheVileEx swore by Skin So Soft, he used it when we were in Kenya and remained bite free. I used that, mozzie repellent and one of those smelly bracelet things and still got a ginormous bite on my leg that left me looking as if my knee was about to give birth to a hippo - so you may be fine, you may not.

(That was super helpful wasn't it? I'm getting in early for the "most helpful poster 2011" poll)
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stenik View Post
Skin So Soft doesn't work for mosquito's.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:49 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest has suffered recently from what looks like mozzies with a tech drawing aptitude. Near perfect straight lines of 4 or more bites each in lengths of about a centimeter
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
My youngest has suffered recently from what looks like mozzies with a tech drawing aptitude. Near perfect straight lines of 4 or more bites each in lengths of about a centimeter
That would be either a Surveyor fly or possibly the Architect ant.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:02 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
That would be either a Surveyor fly or possibly the Architect ant.
Thanks for your suggestions. You don't think a drafts beetle could be responsible?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:05 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

They are prob japanese mozzies
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for your suggestions. You don't think a drafts beetle could be responsible?
Could be, but I think its moved on from that stage. Might even have been the Newestfield Errector Fly, found on greenfield sites everywhere.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
Skin So Soft doesn't work for mosquito's.
Ok then. So I am in for a world of sh*t then!
Thanks for the replies..... Very amusing! You guys have an "experienced" view of life in Oz compared to us Newbies...... Thankfully!

Ta ......Nikki. x
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
I've experienced midges all over the UK and the absolute worst ones were in Devon - they'd beat your Highland midges with their legs tied behind their back

TheVileEx swore by Skin So Soft, he used it when we were in Kenya and remained bite free. I used that, mozzie repellent and one of those smelly bracelet things and still got a ginormous bite on my leg that left me looking as if my knee was about to give birth to a hippo - so you may be fine, you may not.

(That was super helpful wasn't it? I'm getting in early for the "most helpful poster 2011" poll)
You're on your way to the top with that reply, for sure.... Lol

Thanks x
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:46 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007 View Post
Just woke up to find my left arm ( the one i had above the cover) has 15 separate mozzie bites on it... Ffs! Taken antihistamines and slapped on everything i can find, but i'm swelling up like the michellen man
Your quite near a lake aren't you Eds.

I'll know to wear every repellent under the sun when I come to yours next then!

Tea tree oil is good...
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe we have descended into 'my mozzies/midges are worse than yours' discussion.