Mozzies!

Old Jan 31st 2011, 11:14 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Mozzies!

Originally Posted by DadAgain
I'm almost tempted to get one of these which CLAIMS to be able to clear an area of 2 acres of mozzies! http://www.pestrol.com.au/pestrol-ou...tor-p-110.html - but $200 is a bit much....
Using that in an urban situation may create more problems.

They are designed to attract the mozzies, and may well empty all your neighbours yards of mozzies, which are all heading to your attractor. It may well dispose of many of them, but you could end up with more that are now in your location than you had before, that are targeting you, in preference to the unit..

However, place it at the far end of a 2 acre block, and the human occupied area may well be pretty clear.

Old Jan 31st 2011, 11:28 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
....However, place it at the far end of a 2 acre block, and the human occupied area may well be pretty clear.
So you're saying I need a bigger block! - So now the mozzie repellant is not going to cost $10, or $200 its going to cost $800K!!!!

<back to the drawing board>
Old Jan 31st 2011, 11:43 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by DadAgain
So you're saying I need a bigger block! - So now the mozzie repellant is not going to cost $10, or $200 its going to cost $800K!!!!

<back to the drawing board>

Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy antihistamine cream at the chemist. Most people wrongly assume antihistamines are just tablets.
That will bring any swelling and itching under control fast.

Gems
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

I've tried many things to stop the itching and I recently read somewhere to rub roll on deodorant on them, I've since tried it a few times and it really works!!!

Hope it works for you too!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:07 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
We use the mosquito clicker and swear by it. I was a little skeptical at first, but it really works, a few clicks and the irritation goes in a couple of minutes.

http://www.mosquitoclick.com/
Never worked for me
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:48 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I was attacked by mozzies in my first year. Hasn't been so bad since.

Vitamin B works.

Vitamin C is a natural antihistimine.

Both these vitamins work well if taken before and after a drinking session to avoid a hangover.

Mozzies love people who eat bananas.

Mozzies follow carbon dioxide - which we emit. Mozzie coils and candles etc. cover the carbon dioxide. Apparantly.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I was attacked by mozzies in my first year. Hasn't been so bad since.

Vitamin B works.

Vitamin C is a natural antihistimine.

Both these vitamins work well if taken before and after a drinking session to avoid a hangover.

Mozzies love people who eat bananas.

Mozzies follow carbon dioxide - which we emit. Mozzie coils and candles etc. cover the carbon dioxide. Apparantly.
I hate bananas but mozzies still feast on me. The best thing I've found is a clip on device by Lentek...it's the only thing that I've found repels them and other biting/stinging bugs.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:25 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Good
barsteward
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:26 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I can second vitamin B supplements ... they do turn your wee a funny colour though ... oh, is it only me?
I once had some liquorice ice cream that turned my poo blue... didn't help with mozzies though.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:33 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I once had some liquorice ice cream that turned my poo blue... didn't help with mozzies though.
A nice party peice ...

What has a hazlenut in every bite? Squirrel shit.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
When I was a wee doll I had an iron deficiency so the doctor gave me 'iron medicine', I tell ya, my poops were AS BLACK AS YER BOOT MATE! Scared the sh 1te outta me I can tell u lol
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Lavender oil is good, and the ice works a treat too.

I was told recently that mossies are attracted to you if you're Vitamin-B deficient to begin with (which i am) so that explains the recommendation to take Vit-B tabs.

BTW, encountered march flies for the first time recently, now they're horrific!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:43 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainydaze

I was told recently that mossies are attracted to you if you're Vitamin-B deficient to begin with (which i am) so that explains the recommendation to take Vit-B tabs.

Aren't they what we called 'clegs/klegs' in Norn Iron!?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:44 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainydaze

Did you not encounter orange marching flies in the north of Ireland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.