Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

MOVING TO MELBOURNE ANY TIPS

Wikiposts

MOVING TO MELBOURNE ANY TIPS

Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:36 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVING TO MELBOURNE ANY TIPS

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
....also like going to Rock festivals like Glastonbury.....

You don't have to answer my posts ..

Sorry Darren ...
I used to go to a convent in Glastonbury and met Mother Theresa there when I was 3.

Sorry Darren....I'm weak.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:38 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
I used to go to a convent in Glastonbury and met Mother Theresa there when I was 3.

Sorry Darren....I'm weak.
I'm trying to drink coffee here...and spluttering it out

I went to Stonehenge and saw Hawkwind.

Would have like to see Mother Theresa.

Sorry ...so am I.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:42 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to drink coffee here...and spluttering it out

I went to Stonehenge and saw Hawkwind.

Would have like to see Mother Theresa.

Sorry ...so am I.
she was fab but the support act let her down...I won't even mention the groupies. Like a scene from Father Ted on acid.

Sorry again Darren
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:45 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

she was fab but the support act let her down...I won't even mention the groupies. Like a scene from Father Ted on acid.

Sorry again Darren
Did you ever see the one at the fair ??

See you in on another thread ??...he must be really pissed off by now ... well, he would be if he was online ..
he's only done 4 posts bless him.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:49 pm
locked in the attic

Did you ever see the one at the fair ??

See you in on another thread ??...he must be really pissed off by now ... well, he would be if he was online ..
he's only done 4 posts bless him.
watched it only last week.

Sorry Darren, if you've learnt only one thing from this thread it will be that at least two, very strange women live in Aus. You have been warned!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:51 pm
Australian Citizen

watched it only last week.

Sorry Darren, if you've learnt only one thing from this thread it will be that at least two, very strange women live in Aus. You have been warned!
And not to go to Adelaide or Melbourne..

Loved the Spinning Cat !

Another one which had me in stitches was the Hairy Japanese Bastards !
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:22 pm
locked in the attic

And not to go to Adelaide or Melbourne..

Loved the Spinning Cat !

Another one which had me in stitches was the Hairy Japanese Bastards !
Ross's mum's like Mrs Doyle....'are you sure you don't want a cup of tea, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on..........'

Sorry Darren, at least you know you can see Father Ted over here, so that's a bonus.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:51 pm
Australian Citizen

Ross's mum's like Mrs Doyle....'are you sure you don't want a cup of tea, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on..........'

Sorry Darren, at least you know you can see Father Ted over here, so that's a bonus.

I've not seen it since I left England
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I truly am sorry & did not wish to cause any offence. I have notvisited myself, I was passing on the impression my folks gave. They felt that there were an awful lot of old folk ghettos & they preferred Sydney as a city, more vibrant. They also said Melbourne was more English.

Hope this will also serve to bring the thread back on topic!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:36 pm
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I truly am sorry & did not wish to cause any offence. I have notvisited myself, I was passing on the impression my folks gave. They felt that there were an awful lot of old folk ghettos & they preferred Sydney as a city, more vibrant. They also said Melbourne was more English.

Hope this will also serve to bring the thread back on topic!
Melbourne is more European than 'English' with large Italian and Greek communities and so, influence.
It certainly isn't full of English like I've heard Perth is..
Sydney...which I've been to - is busy, busy, whereas Melbourne is more vibrant and full of culture.

I wouldn't have said there are a lot of 'old-age' ghettos...
But I'm just a nurse whose lived here for 3 years...
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne is more European than 'English' with large Italian and Greek communities and so, influence.
It certainly isn't full of English like I've heard Perth is..
Sydney...which I've been to - is busy, busy, whereas Melbourne is more vibrant and full of culture.

I wouldn't have said there are a lot of 'old-age' ghettos...
But I'm just a nurse whose lived here for 3 years...
Like I said, was not meaning to offend!
You live there so should have a far superior idea of what it is like!
My parents went to visit my uncle who lives in a retirement village so maybe their perspective was skewed!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:19 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I think you lot have frightened poor Darren off
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:27 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I think you lot have frightened poor Darren off

Sod Darren!!!

Does this now make me an old chick,

Shoot, I just knew we should of gone somewhere hotter!!!

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lor
Sod Darren!!!

Does this now make me an old chick,

Shoot, I just knew we should of gone somewhere hotter!!!

I'll join you in my dotage

Just give me a visa before I pop my clogs...

Lau x
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:31 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have you know I went to the last Stonehenge Festival !!

So did I, you must have been the old bird that I saw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.