British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Movies you didn't fathom (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/movies-you-didnt-fathom-668745/)

Rainydaze May 18th 2010 11:44 am

Movies you didn't fathom

Inspired by Sally's Weepiest Movies thread :o

So I thought about the one movie that couldn't really follow, which was, incidentally, lent to me by a friend with the words 'Watch this and tell me what it means'....Mulholland Drive. (I couldn't really assist :lol:)

Any other nominations?:)

Rod-Helen-Poppy May 18th 2010 12:03 pm

Re: Movies you didn't fathom

total recall.

whats all that about then? is it a made up memory or real?

asprilla May 18th 2010 12:05 pm

"the usual suspects". No matter how many times I watch it, something in the plot just doesn't hang together.

Alfresco May 18th 2010 12:27 pm

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

I was out of my depth with that one. ;)

emelems May 18th 2010 12:31 pm

Mullholland Drive definately..

If I remember rightly I couldnt figure out the ending of Vanilla Sky... might have been the wine I was drinking though..

I also struggled with "The Mouse trap" at the theatre... probably due to the fact that I fell asleep for approx 80% of it! haha! That'll teach me to have pre-theatre dinner and drinks! Had to ask my friend! (Can't tell you whodunnit though, we were all sworn to secrecy at the end of the production... that bit I DO remember!)

Em x

cresta57 May 18th 2010 1:14 pm

I watched sixth sense about 5 times before I grasped the fact that the kid was dead. I kept falling asleep at different parts & obviously missed the bits where that would have been explained:o
Oh & 12 monkeys, that was one warped movie, it could be that Bruce Willis just makes my eyes want to close;)

moneypenny20 May 18th 2010 1:21 pm

District 9. Couldn't work out what the hell we were doing watching it so we turned it off. Biggest waste of $3.50 ever. :lol:

Had to keep First Born awake all night once prior to an ECG and she wanted to watch 'The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants'. May be good I have no idea but at 2am, struggling to keep my eyes open and shouting at her to do the same, the film made absolutely no sense whatsoever. :blink:

squeezzii May 18th 2010 1:33 pm

My mate didnt get 'Dogma' mind you I didnt the 1st time I saw it either

shears May 18th 2010 1:38 pm

I don't fathom any of those Disney movies where little forest creatures come in and clean the house and make ballgowns .... if I leave my windows open only cockroaches would come in (and when they were done cleaning I'd have to stomp on them, and then I'd have to clean all over again ....... *sigh*)

oh yeah, and Vanilla Sky for me too, hated that

The Dean May 18th 2010 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 8573311)
I watched sixth sense about 5 times before I grasped the fact that the kid was dead. I kept falling asleep at different parts & obviously missed the bits where that would have been explained:o
Oh & 12 monkeys, that was one warped movie, it could be that Bruce Willis just makes my eyes want to close;)

The kid is dead in The Sixth Sense????? Er, no actually.......... I worked out Bruce Willis was, but............... if the kid is dead, how come his mum can see him??

I hate it when the plot doesn't make sense - like in the big warehouse shoot-out near the end of Reservoir Dogs - who shot Chris Penn ("Nice Guy Eddie")? There was nobody left alive to do it............

cresta57 May 18th 2010 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8573387)
The kid is dead in The Sixth Sense????? Er, no actually.......... I worked out Bruce Willis was, but............... if the kid is dead, how come his mum can see him??

I hate it when the plot doesn't make sense - like in the big warehouse shoot-out near the end of Reservoir Dogs - who shot Chris Penn ("Nice Guy Eddie")? There was nobody left alive to do it............

Now it all makes sense:rolleyes:

Bernieboy May 18th 2010 2:22 pm

My wedding dvd,WTF was that all about and WHO were those people in it:confused:

rnpeg May 18th 2010 2:57 pm

Event Horizon :thumbup: - watched it again last night

Freaky movie, Health and Safety would have a field day on that spaceship

No 15 May 18th 2010 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by asprilla (Post 8573075)
"the usual suspects". No matter how many times I watch it, something in the plot just doesn't hang together.

This is one of my favourite movies !

moonpig May 18th 2010 4:05 pm

Doubt - did he or didn't he, you thought that the film would have answered it but no left you doubting ( I think he did), 2 hours of my life I'll never get back!