Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mothers Day - How was yours?

Mothers Day - How was yours?

Old May 12th 2008, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default Mothers Day - How was yours?

I had a wonderful 1st Mothers Day in Australia.

My family and I went to Jumpinpin Beach on Straddie with a lovely picnic...

We were joined by 2 of my closest and newest pals and their families, and we sat on the almost empty beach sipping bubbles....

How much better can life get I ask myself.....

So how was yours......
Old May 12th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mothers Day - How was yours?

it was my first one ever.... lovely day, made better by the fact the weather was glorious as it did nothing but rain the day before and a random act of kindness (see thread below)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535768
Old May 12th 2008, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

Was it mother's day? When?.....oh no....
Old May 12th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridie
it was my first one ever.... lovely day, made better by the fact the weather was glorious as it did nothing but rain the day before and a random act of kindness (see thread below)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535768

That was so nice.....

And actually prompted me to start this one actually!!!
Old May 12th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

one thing i love about living here, things like mothers and fathers day are a big deal and people take time out to be with their families.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nowt special to be honest. I had a major hump on Saturday because I asked the girls to clear up whilst I went shopping and it wasn't done, no one helped me in with the shopping and I was in such a strop I cut my nose off by not asking them Yesterday got up to a couple of lovely cards, some flowers and a couple of boxes of Rafaello (not spelt like that). Early evening came and I got the meat out of the fridge waiting for someone to say 'put that back we're going out' but just got 'Dad's doing dinner' - fair enough, half an hour later he was still clearing up outside so I started doing it. An hour later I'm peeling spuds etc - very very loudly Hub asked what the matter was so I asked why I was cooking, oh he said, forgot, promptly sat down with a beer :curse: At least the roast was done properly
Old May 12th 2008, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Bought the wife a Petrol Lawn mower, as I've taken pity on her pushing the hand mower around.

Only Joking.

We went here, to the newly opened Preston Branch of this Chinese chain, thinking if it's good enough to be filled with almost 100 pct Chinese people then it should be good enough for us. It was, but hell the waiters were hard to understand, so god knows what we ate lol !

http://www.theage.com.au/news/restau...190720335.html

All in all a successful mothers day.
Old May 12th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I never get my hopes up so I'm not disappointed. I always get the kids to do something for their dad, but he usually forgets.

We went out the night before M'day to a 70s do. I dressed up in ABBA gear, won the prize (wine and chockies) for best dressed woman, drank a bit too much and thought that was it, but the next day my daughter brought me a card she'd made and Dave went out and bought chinese and got a DVD, so it was all good.
Old May 12th 2008, 9:35 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

My OH bought me a dryer and dishwasher the day before, so Mother's Day was spent fetching and carrying for him whilst he fit them
Was too knackered to even think about getting dressed up to go out for dinner so we had a takeaway
Got some lovely cards, a decorated brown paper bag for 'memories' and the results of an experiment my eldest did, to try to come up with something to protect an egg when falling from a great height. Should come in useful next Sunday when I'm doing brekie
Oh and some lovely flowers
Old May 12th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Sheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura about

Had the best Mothers Day ever this year!! I didn't have to cook for my MIL or my mum. Had a wonderful picnic with close friends and for once my kids diidn't argue all day - miracle or what!!
Old May 12th 2008, 10:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I got a new address book from my kids, a nice planter from my husband and some nice plants from the dog & cat. I also got to take the dog out at 6am for his morning pee, make breakfast for the family, do 7 loads of laundry then cook dinner for the family.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:26 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

I was taken out on a boat trip and saw dolphins...it was amazing. then had icecream
got some chocs and daughter gave me a card she had to make at school - would have been nice if she'd said shes made a card - not she had to make a card!
Old May 12th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Was an emotional one for me Eldest son in UK had some flowers delivered, already feeling poorly it tipped me over the edge for 24 hours BUT woke up on Sunday to a wonderful day. Full breakfast and cuddles with the kids in bed followed by a visit to the beach for a walk and then couple of hours fishing at the 'Cut' in Bunbury. Well the kids fished - i strummed my guitar (which i am determined to learn to play )
Old May 12th 2008, 11:40 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

I had a fab one

Got an electric jucier (for my orange tree)

unfortunately spent the day doing uni stuff, but OH kept kids off my back
Old May 12th 2008, 1:10 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah
I had a wonderful 1st Mothers Day in Australia.

My family and I went to Jumpinpin Beach on Straddie with a lovely picnic...

We were joined by 2 of my closest and newest pals and their families, and we sat on the almost empty beach sipping bubbles....

How much better can life get I ask myself.....

So how was yours......
Got up and me and littlun made eggs benedict with a fresh made hollandaise sauce which is my lovely wifes fave Breckie, then she had a go on her new back massager seat thingy and then we went up to mundaring markets in the afternoon before heading to friends for tea. Great day and i think wifey enjoyed it very much.

Nev