Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The most uninteresting or unmemorable place you have ever been......

The most uninteresting or unmemorable place you have ever been......

Old Apr 5th 2014, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The most uninteresting or unmemorable place you have ever been......

Originally Posted by Kapri
Agree with Lanzagrotty. I had a good winter sun, family holiday there lounging by the pool, but the place itself is uninspiring and I wouldn't go back.

I was very unimpressed with Prague, having heard so much about it. The square with the astronomical clock is nice but very crowded, beyond that, it's communist style grim.

Blackpool. The roller coasters are good, the rest of the place is the pits.

Fresno, California.
We stopped over there on a road trip and were in a motel with some very unsavoury people. We later found out it's the crack capital of the USA!
The whole of central Prague is historical and hardly any 50/60's communist brutalism to be seen. You can walk for hours around the old town. Like Venice and many other places a victim of it's own success but hardly Pragues fault.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Frankiegoez 2 Gib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The most uninteresting or unmemorable place you have ever been......

Originally Posted by papilon
The whole of central Prague is historical and hardly any 50/60's communist brutalism to be seen. You can walk for hours around the old town. Like Venice and many other places a victim of it's own success but hardly Pragues fault.
Enough of this negative vibe already muchachos; hows about the most interesting + memorable places??
Rishikesh, Uttarakhand....................to the floor.................
Old Apr 5th 2014, 5:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frankiegoez 2 Gib
Enough of this negative vibe already muchachos; hows about the most interesting + memorable places??
Rishikesh, Uttarakhand....................to the floor.................
Already a thread about those places, which is why this opposing thread was started, please do not confuse the issue.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Already a thread about those places, which is why this opposing thread was started, please do not confuse the issue.
ok then; let the negativity persist.......Whitley Bay; the hen-night capital of the north east......no downers or mogadons required here, its naturally depressing, cold and wet...
Old Apr 5th 2014, 9:28 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
I've been there twice.
The old town is nice but I've been to historical places that I prefer.
Beyond that, there are plenty of old eastern bloc memories.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 10:10 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frankiegoez 2 Gib
ok then; let the negativity persist.......Whitley Bay; the hen-night capital of the north east......no downers or mogadons required here, its naturally depressing, cold and wet...
Hang on there Bonny lad! You can't just go round dissin titty bay, as me brother used to call it it's my old stomping ground and have lots of fond memories of extremely drunken weekends there.... Which leads me to conclude you obviously should have drank more in your time there
Old Apr 5th 2014, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Hang on there Bonny lad! You can't just go round dissin titty bay, as me brother used to call it it's my old stomping ground and have lots of fond memories of extremely drunken weekends there.... Which leads me to conclude you obviously should have drank more in your time there
Y I; I did some supping alreet. Pub life is great is great there, the toon itself is grim mind
Old Apr 6th 2014, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Canberra is the most bland and uninteresting place I have been to in Australia. We didn't know what to do, hardly saw any people, went down for the weekend but we left first thing in the morning.

Didn't really enjoy Toronto very much, it is quite a while since I went there but the only interesting thing I can remember are the black squirrels.
Some ok museums in Canberra though. We went down for the JMW Turner exhibition there last year and it was very good and was quite impressed with the rest of the National Art Gallery,

Also went to the war memorial / museum which we thought would be a 10 min job but that place was massive. We spent a few hours there and still didn't see everything.

Went to the Dixon area for an evening meal which is the Canberra version of China town I guess, plenty of people around there as we had to wait for a table!

Had a drive up Black Mountain to that tower thing and looked over Canberra, great views.

As mentioned previously no **** way would I want to live there and I also wouldn't go there unless there is an event advertised that I would like to see. Canberra isn't the kind of place you just rock up and have a wander around without thinking about what you will see / do first.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 1:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
Some ok museums in Canberra though. We went down for the JMW Turner exhibition there last year and it was very good and was quite impressed with the rest of the National Art Gallery,

Also went to the war memorial / museum which we thought would be a 10 min job but that place was massive. We spent a few hours there and still didn't see everything.

Went to the Dixon area for an evening meal which is the Canberra version of China town I guess, plenty of people around there as we had to wait for a table!

Had a drive up Black Mountain to that tower thing and looked over Canberra, great views.

As mentioned previously no **** way would I want to live there and I also wouldn't go there unless there is an event advertised that I would like to see. Canberra isn't the kind of place you just rock up and have a wander around without thinking about what you will see / do first.
I'd like to see Canberra, as all I have seen so far is the airport and I hate to think thats typical. It ranks second only after Dubai in the 'all time krappy airports I have exerienced' list. Even Auckland last week comes out better than Canberra
Unfriendly, unhelpful, unwelcoming........
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:32 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

No one has mentioned Adelaide, or do people not have any expectations to begin with ?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
No one has mentioned Adelaide, or do people not have any expectations to begin with ?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles

If it helps OP, I've only ever heard good things about your neck of the woods.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Never been there. Know nothing about the place
Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:30 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Never been there. Know nothing about the place
All the best people live in Adelaide
Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide has one hell of a picturesque scenic drive as a gateway, and some great houses... Love the sandstone look. Not my favourite place in Aus by far, but it's certainly a long way from the worst place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.