Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Most Overrated Yanks

Most Overrated Yanks

Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of
Default Re: Most Overrated Yanks

Originally Posted by freebo
Most quotes here have been aimed at individuals, not all Americans, can you say Persecution Complex
Yes, my bad. I honestly do find that Australians do have a very strong resentment towards the US. I wonder why that is.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILDER
Yes, my bad. I honestly do find that Australians do have a very strong resentment towards the US. I wonder why that is.
I don't think hate or resentment are what Australia feels for the US, we just really don't have a connection with them or "get" them. If you want hate and resentment towards Americans, go to the Middle East. At my kids school in Dubai they had a big parade on International Day, out of the 52 countries attending the school, they all received applause, except for the poor American kids who had to contend with boos and jeers from the crowd. It was quite horrible, and I felt sorry for them.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kim67
I don't think hate or resentment are what Australia feels for the US, we just really don't have a connection with them or "get" them. If you want hate and resentment towards Americans, go to the Middle East. At my kids school in Dubai they had a big parade on International Day, out of the 52 countries attending the school, they all received applause, except for the poor American kids who had to contend with boos and jeers from the crowd. It was quite horrible, and I felt sorry for them.
Yes that sounds quite bad. I don't mean to hijack this thread, so I have started my own.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:56 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Why do Australians hate Americans? Can you say inferiority complex??

Let the war begin.
a) Because they don't know many French people?
or
b) Creeping Americanisation and hijacking of culture (such as it is)

Hate is too strong a word though.

Nothing against seppos around here!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Let the war begin.
I thought the entire world outside of America hated Americans.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:14 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

That's surprising really, considering so much of the country has been modeled around the yank, plastic, neon lights, drive thru paradigm. Add that to the fact the Aussies have really thrown themselves behind the idea of giving the septics a run for their money in the obescity stakes.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe if America decided to mind their own business instead of sticking their noses into every other countrys' affairs...
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Cant believe you have not mentioned Angelina Jolie, all her films bomb.
Cant act and got famous for all the wrong reasons.

Gems
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:35 pm

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Cant believe you have not mentioned Angelina Jolie, all her films bomb.
Cant act and got famous for all the wrong reasons.

Gems
Very true... incredibly weak actress in far too much. I guess she is attractive, if you like a head on a stick, but her simmering pout really drags a film down to 'B' movie
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:00 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Think you might find that most people who have answered are actually British...or have I confused this with an expats forum
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by hevs
Think you might find that most people who have answered are actually British...or have I confused this with an expats forum
'Forum' might be a somewhat lofty term... It's more like a load of old women getting a blue rinse and a blow wave at the hairdressers havin' a good ol' tittle-tattle over a garibaldi
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
'Forum' might be somewhat lofty a term... It's more like a load of old women getting a blue rinse and a blow wave at the hairdressers havin' a good ol' tittle-tattle over a garibaldi
You've obviously never experienced expatwoman.com.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:47 pm

You've obviously never experienced expatwoman.com.
Ha! Thankfully not.....
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Let the war begin.
I don't think they do. Because of my accent people often assume I'm American and I certainly have never felt anything even close to resembling hate. As a matter of fact, people are usually quite interested in hearing about the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.