Most embarassing

Old Jan 4th 2006, 1:20 am
  #16  
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 728
Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Most embarassing

Originally Posted by emmahafryn
Linda, yours is brilliant!

My ears still go red when I think about the time I got into a cab outside a train station in Nottingham. Wasn't very used to black cabs being from a little Welsh valley and I just got straight into the front and sat down rather hard on the floor as that's where you are supposed to put your luggage.

The driver just looked at me in a rather disgusted fashion - and I wasn't even drunk!

He should have given you a discount for entertainment value
Linda Lushardi is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:43 am
  #17  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Wendy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: at the bottom of a wine glass
Posts: 28,176
Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most embarassing

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
He should have given you a discount for entertainment value

Thanks all for sharing, I've given you all some K.

By the way did I say WE'VE GOT OUR VISA!!!!
Wendy is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:50 am
  #18  
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,376
FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Most embarassing

Originally Posted by WendyC
Thanks all for sharing, I've given you all some K.

By the way did I say WE'VE GOT OUR VISA!!!!
Many, many congratulations Wendy!!!!!

You just got it now?

Join the club

Funny, I was looking at your time line yesters and thought to myself 'anyday now'!! Very similar to ours and we just got our as well!
FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:56 am
  #19  
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,376
FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Most embarassing

My most embarrassing moment:

Approaching the school bus stop at the age of 14 in my new smooth soled slip on shoes (they were all the rage honest). Had just started to 'go out' with this fit bird in the year above me, so thought I was the bees, she was stood there waiting to catch the school bus with me.

As I got nearer to her (and the other 30 or so kids waiting) I failed to notice the big steaming dog turd on the ground, freshly layed by some hairy goliath that morning. Yeah, I'm afraid to say, I slipped in it, landing flat on my arse in it and had to endure a day at school in dog shit trousers!!

The worst part was to come...I took stick for that for years, even acquiring the new nickname - Turdy!! Needless to say, the fit bird from the year above dumped me

Class act!!
FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:21 am
  #20  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Wendy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: at the bottom of a wine glass
Posts: 28,176
Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most embarassing

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
My most embarrassing moment:

Approaching the school bus stop at the age of 14 in my new smooth soled slip on shoes (they were all the rage honest). Had just started to 'go out' with this fit bird in the year above me, so thought I was the bees, she was stood there waiting to catch the school bus with me.

As I got nearer to her (and the other 30 or so kids waiting) I failed to notice the big steaming dog turd on the ground, freshly layed by some hairy goliath that morning. Yeah, I'm afraid to say, I slipped in it, landing flat on my arse in it and had to endure a day at school in dog shit trousers!!

The worst part was to come...I took stick for that for years, even acquiring the new nickname - Turdy!! Needless to say, the fit bird from the year above dumped me




Class act!!
That deserves K x
Wendy is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:02 am
  #21  
Sunny Sydney
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 6,241
herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most embarassing

Great Thread guys, cheered up my misty, icy morning in Falkirk.

My most embarassing moment was when I was 16 and on holiday in Spain. Picture the scene, early in the evening in a nightclub on a holiday camp in Spain. No is dancing yet as it's just getting going. The fog machine's been on and the dance floor's been waxed and is all nice and shiny. In the corner is a 16 yr old girl wearing her brand new unworn holiday heels. Can you see what's coming...........?

Said young lady decides she needs to reapply lippy so makes straight for the Ladies which is directly across the dancefloor......OMG, I'm getting red just thinking about the next bit.

Yes, you guessed it, 2 steps in and I landed on my rear end and skidded across the entire length of the dancefloor to the sound of rapturous applause and laughter! Needless to say, I spent MOST of the night in the loo washing mascara from my tear stained cheeks. On the upside, EVERYONE in the holiday camp knew who I was and I don't think I bought another drink all week

Gill
herrchook is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:35 am
  #22  
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,063
possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Most embarassing

Originally Posted by herrchook
Great Thread guys, cheered up my misty, icy morning in Falkirk.

My most embarassing moment was when I was 16 and on holiday in Spain. Picture the scene, early in the evening in a nightclub on a holiday camp in Spain. No is dancing yet as it's just getting going. The fog machine's been on and the dance floor's been waxed and is all nice and shiny. In the corner is a 16 yr old girl wearing her brand new unworn holiday heels. Can you see what's coming...........?

Said young lady decides she needs to reapply lippy so makes straight for the Ladies which is directly across the dancefloor......OMG, I'm getting red just thinking about the next bit.

Yes, you guessed it, 2 steps in and I landed on my rear end and skidded across the entire length of the dancefloor to the sound of rapturous applause and laughter! Needless to say, I spent MOST of the night in the loo washing mascara from my tear stained cheeks. On the upside, EVERYONE in the holiday camp knew who I was and I don't think I bought another drink all week

Gill
sounds like it turned into a good plan
possoms is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:37 am
  #23  
Sunny Sydney
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 6,241
herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most embarassing

Originally Posted by possoms
sounds like it turned into a good plan
It certainly did, but I was too young to really appreciate it - now if it had happened when I was 22!!!

Gill
herrchook is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:35 pm
  #24  
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,606
lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Most embarassing

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol one of my most memorable was in good old Marks and Sparks in Liverpool when I was about 10 yrs old when my Gran's knicker elastic broke and she just casually stepped out of her knickers and put them in her bag and we just walked on...lol :scared: best to go knickerless in my opinion

You just reminded me of something my daughter did when she was 3. My MIL took her with her to visit an elderly person in hospital and unbeknown to me my daughter had put a pair of MY knickers which she had taken from the laundry basket (NO, no skiddies before the filth brigade asks! ) She was wearing a Gap fleece which was quite big for her and my husband (I was at work) had no idea they were there as he packed her off with Grannie for the day. Anyway, wlaking down the corridor in hospital, my knickers fall gracefully to the floor. I was mortified when I found out, apparently the nusrsing staff were in hysterics.
lucyb is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:37 pm
  #25  
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,606
lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Most embarassing

Originally Posted by suzy
I was so pissed in bar one night when I stood up off the bar stool I fell straight back. Luckily the plate glass door was open so my head smashed on the pavement and my body was inside the bar. Didn't feel a thing so got up (well was helped up). Staggering home I was desperate for the loo so did a pit stop under a tree only to find all these homeless peeps staring at me.

Quality. Can you remind fellow BE peeps which airline employs you?
lucyb is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:11 pm
  #26  
BE Forum Addict
 
Shellfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Melbourne since 2003
Posts: 1,014
Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Most embarassing

Those who were there know, those who weren't never will it goes with me to the grave
Shellfish is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:27 pm
  #27  
is happy to be here :)
 
Tiawamutu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Somerly, Perth
Posts: 4,800
Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most embarassing

I was on holiday with my parents about 10 years ago, and we were having a meal in the hotel restaurant.

I had just come back from the toilet, and went to sit down at the table. As I looked up, I noticed I was sat at the wrong table, and there was my mam and dad staring at me, from our table, with a very confused look on their faces....not as confused though, as the couple I had sat down next too
Tiawamutu is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:32 pm
  #28  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 15,019
TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Most embarassing

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I was on holiday with my parents about 10 years ago, and we were having a meal in the hotel restaurant.

I had just come back from the toilet, and went to sit down at the table. As I looked up, I noticed I was sat at the wrong table, and there was my mam and dad staring at me, from our table, with a very confused look on their faces....not as confused though, as the couple I had sat down next too
lol not had a bottle or two too many by any chance
TruBrit is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:44 pm
  #29  
is happy to be here :)
 
Tiawamutu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Somerly, Perth
Posts: 4,800
Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most embarassing

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol not had a bottle or two too many by any chance
Think it was the ouzo We were in Corfu
Tiawamutu is offline  
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:28 pm
  #30  
 
tiredwithtwins's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,147
tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most embarassing

many years ago, having done a spot of retail therapy and loaded down with carrier bags, i was walking to the bus stop when i noticed 2 gorgeous long-haired blokes across the road from me. i watched them walk down the road, not seeing a row of concrete bollards in front of me - as i was too busy ogling these guys i walked straight into one of the bollards and went flying!
tiredwithtwins is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.