Reload this Page >

More voters consider going BNP

Wikiposts

More voters consider going BNP

Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:41 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: More voters consider going BNP

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Vash as usual you missed the point. Saying I'm leaving this or that country due to racism is hardly a valid point as every country in the world has racists. It's just about impossible to escape!

I know for fact that some Australians are racists I've listened to conversations about the Aboriginals and other races that happen to live there. Just as some people in the UK are racist.
well I dont really understand why your having a go at me mate, but I said in answer to the OP thats got to be A reason not THE reason.

if your going to have a go get your facts right.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by ossigeno
I think you give the BNP too much credit. They are essentially yobs. There are far more sophisticated far-right political parties with a greater influence in every country in mainland Europe than the BNP.
well excuse me
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
well I dont really understand why your having a go at me mate, but I said in answer to the OP thats got to be A reason not THE reason.

if your going to have a go get your facts right.

Sorry was not aware I was "having a go"

Said one of your reasons was flawed hardly condemning you is it?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:06 am

Are you under some illusion that Australia has no such problems??? Look at Sydney not six months ago....Have to say no BNP in the area of UK I live in and I would not use such things as an excuse to leave UK
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Where exactly did I slander you lol you must be very sensitive
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:20 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Where exactly did I slander you lol you must be very sensitive
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:24 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

This thread's entered the twilight zone now ...

Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
This thread's entered the twilight zone now ...

Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

well excuse me
Are you aware that BritishExpats offers more then just this smiley?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:20 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Are you aware that BritishExpats offers more then just this smiley?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:55 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
I've always found England to be a racist country and I didn't find this particular news story in the slightest bit surprising. What I would say is that for the most part, racism in the UK, as brilliantly illustrated by my father-in-law, is of a sniggering behind-the-hand 'wogs' and 'pakis' variety (both words he uses regularly) rather than a full-on hatred of 'coloured' immigrants. If the F.I.L. has to use the services of a non-white tradie, for instance, and the service turns out to be satisfactory, he'll always express surprise and usually end his little story with "and he was black!". I find it particularly amusing (in a look-at-the-dinosaur sort of way) because he's forever getting stitched up by white tradies called Darren, but doesn't end those tales of woe with "and he was a chav!". For the record - the F.I.L. is a UKIP voter...
australia and england are littered with racist remarks ,but for some reason when whites do it it gets through our thin skinned black bretheren ,must be something to do with still carrying the burden of the slave trade and being at the mercy of the colonials .The fact is black and white ,yellow and red are racist to each other
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:57 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: More voters consider going BNP

Originally Posted by sassenach
australia and england are littered with racist remarks ,but for some reason when whites do it it gets through our thin skinned black bretheren ,must be something to do with still carrying the burden of the slave trade and being at the mercy of the colonials .The fact is black and white ,yellow and red are racist to each other
"Our thin skinned black brethren"?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:05 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
"Our thin skinned black brethren"?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: More voters consider going BNP

Update...

Parties face up to BNP challenge

MPs from the main political parties have accepted that they need to face up to the electoral challenge posed by the British National Party.

Research carried out for the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust has suggested that up to 25% of people have thought about voting for the far-right party.

Both the Tories and the Liberal Democrats say disillusionment with government institutions is to blame.

But ministers say any increase in BNP backing would just be a "protest vote".

Home Office minister Andy Burnham dismissed the likelihood of the BNP becoming a stronger electoral force.

"They pose a very localised threat and I am worried that if we give them too much coverage, it can back up the notion that they are a potent protest vote."
Source.

If immigration and European integration issues are high on people's list of priorities, their protest vote should be lodged with UKIP - not the BNP thugs.

There are, of course, other issue to be considered:

Former Conservative leader Iain Duncan Smith, who is chairing the party's social justice policy group, said he was not surprised to see the BNP's message gaining purchase in disadvantaged areas.

"What we have picked up in these very difficult communities is the collapse in the quality of life for so many people," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

Communities were frustrated over "things like poor housing, inability to get work, the collapse of manual labour, no educational training, anti-social behaviour on the streets, the cleanliness of the street", said Mr Duncan Smith.

"The whole sense of the quality of life in these communities has become a rich feeding ground for people who want to stigmatise others as being the cause of this."
Source.

Populist policies are a dime a dozen, but there's very often a grain of truth at their heart.

So what do you guys think? Is IDS on the right track?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:04 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

If the founder + current leader of the conservatives or labour or the others had recently been on trial & convicted of breaking the law through inciting racial hatred or violence then just how credible would we see those parties ?

It says something about people who see the BNP as credible that they can ignore these minor facts that the people who guide, lead, and set the policy, were up until recently actively involved in criminal activity.

( I know the others have their own challenges like Mr Archer et al- but to draw a direct contrast if Tony Blair was convicted of inciting violence standing up in a back-room of a pub telling his constituents to raise up in arms against the migrant population would they seriously be getting any votes ? (And lets not get to Sinn Feinn ;-) ).

Voting for these muppets just gives them an inflated view that they are correct and people want to start following these policies and enacting them. Nice...

UKIP is nothing like what the BNP stands for - UKIP was setup for financial independence from europe. BNP is setup to incite racial hatred and enact the beliefs of a few biggots.

Racism by the way when we all talk about it, many having not suffered it ,leads to things like the death of children at the hand of gangs of opposite colors or creeds - start putting it in that perspective and considering that these people have a valid point, it gets awfully difficult. So dad goes to some BNP party at a pub, comes home, tells Kiddy #1 that these people are scum, Kiddy #1 talks to Kiddy#2#3#4#5 and next thing some other persons daughter or son is beign stabbed with a bottle in a stairwell for no other reason than they are a different color.

Isle of Wight isnt' far enough for them as far as Im concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.