Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

More voters consider going BNP

Wikiposts

More voters consider going BNP

Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More voters consider going BNP

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Sure, but they'll be an insignificant minority - and most of them would have supported her on the basis of populist policies, rather than race.

And the fact that you wouldn't kick her out of bed (in a sort of shagging your mother in law wierd sort of way).

Or maybe its just me
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:43 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: More voters consider going BNP

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Tensions are there - look at Cronulla beach.
Sure, they're here, but nowhere near on the scale of the UK.

Cronulla was a huge shock to Aussies partly because it was so horrible, and partly because such incidents are virtually unheard of. Not only that, but despite a great deal of pushing, shoving and bashing, nobody was actually killed or seriously injured. Nor was there the widespread destruction of public property that you get in the UK.

When compared with the Brixton Riots, the Oldham Riots, the Burnley Riots, the Bradford Riots, the Handsword Riots, the Lozells Riot and various other demonstrations of British public opinion (eg. Tottenham and Toxteth, etc.) Cronulla was little more than a playground brawl.

My point is, that there isn't the anti government feeling on migration that there is here that would fuel such support for a radical party such as the BNP. This would partly be due to the fact that Australia's migration policies are far more sensible, e.g. points systems, insistence on speaking English etc., and therefore not likely to incense the white voting majority.
Agreed.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:44 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: More voters consider going BNP

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
And the fact that you wouldn't kick her out of bed (in a sort of shagging your mother in law wierd sort of way).

Or maybe its just me
I think it's just you!
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:47 pm
Fighting my corner

OK, let's not be a silly and start tracing back to the Saxons.
I wouldn't trace back to the Saxons anyway, since they weren't native to Britain.

Indigenous, means native.
Well then, that rules out the Saxons immediately.

And whether you're British and can claim this or not, consists of the vast majority of our democracy.
I'd be interested to know how you're defining "indigenous." Do you mean "born in Australia/UK/wherever"? Or do you mean something else?

Australian Aborigines and Torres Strait Islanders are the only groups which qualify for indigenous status in my country.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:55 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Indigenous:A species that occurs naturally in an area; native.

BNP are nothing but a bunch of racist idiots.

There is a very good line in a morrisey song - about wanting to be proud of the union jack but not being able to because of its association with pillocks like these people. I forget what it is.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I wouldn't trace back to the Saxons anyway, since they weren't native to Britain.

Well then, that rules out the Saxons immediately.

I'd be interested to know how you're defining "indigenous." Do you mean "born in Australia/UK/wherever"? Or do you mean something else?

Australian Aborigines and Torres Strait Islanders are the only groups which qualify for indigenous status in my country.
If you want to get stupid about it, the Welsh are the REAL BRITONS, the SCOTS own Northern Ireland, and the anglo saxons calling themselves 'british' can piss off back to their saurkraut eating thigh slapping sausage sucking pals back in Germany.

And Pauline Hanson does have a certain something about her...

JTL
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:01 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

JTL
Err.... Mate.....

there are wimmin in the phone book will sort you out with that kind of emotional requirement....
Attached Thumbnails More voters consider going BNP-header_r1_c1.jpg  
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:10 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by possoms
The thing is the BNP have used the recent events in this country to gain support, but their real motives are still the same.

They are Nazis and would gladly ignite the gas chambers again tomorrow given half the chance, and I, no matter what I think of what is happening in this country, could never support that.
i had noticed after my six month spell back in the uk lastyear after re - aquainting my self with old friends who are resonably educated and didnt seem to have a problem with blacks,asians etc seem to be developing a unhealthy hatred for immigrants now and to me what seems to have sparked this off has been the flood of immigrants coming in from eastern bloc and working cheap and now the likes of jamaicans,pakistanis and indians who have by and large live peacefully in the uk are all being lumped in with this new wave of immigrants ,people are pissed off with it and they want the eastern blockers out ,the likes of the albanians are in a lot of cases just plying criminal trades in london with such ferocity that hasnt been seen before and make the likes of the krays almost good enough to look after your children .Tension seems to be rising and i was there in and around handsworth in the ficinity of lozells when a riot started between asians and blacks and one man lost his life all this is largly un reported ,i was brought up in the aston area of birmingham and was there 20 odd years ago in the riots ,i had all black neighbours and they where always good to me and i often was the only white guy in a black club in aston when i was with black mates and never was there a problem .I personaly believe dont stop immigrants into the uk as the uk needs them but its not policed properly and it may well cause tensions with black on asian on white on black .To be honest i was always brought up with janaicans and i loved their laid back lifestyle and they never gave me or my family grief but the new breed of young pakistani's are a real worry for the happness of some of these inner city areas such as handsworth ,toxteth ,lewisham ,moss side .Yes i belive the brit government has to do somthing
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:12 am
Fighting my corner

If you want to get stupid about it, the Welsh are the REAL BRITONS, the SCOTS own Northern Ireland, and the anglo saxons calling themselves 'british' can piss off back to their saurkraut eating thigh slapping sausage sucking pals back in Germany.
Yep, that's right.

JTL
She does, but it's not a GOOD thing.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spalen
Err.... Mate.....

there are wimmin in the phone book will sort you out with that kind of emotional requirement....
Yeah, just look under MILF
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:26 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

This whole debate confuses me

I am in a mixed race relationship - partner is Indian, so I see things a little differently.

England sure is multi-cultural, in my mind more so than parts of Australia (certainly Perth at any rate).

Someone commented that they were happy to move to Australia due to the immigration laws in England, but this sounds odd. Do you mean because Australia is more choosier/stricter about the immigration or because it is stricter on illegal immigrants? So by going to Australia, you are happier because they let less 'foreigners' in????? But by being English, you are a foreigner! Just because we share the same queen doesn't mean it's the same country?!

Not trying to spark a fight - just trying to understand the whole debate going on here. It seems sad that people believe that they are casting a protest vote when voting for these openly racist parties.

Anyway, I don't know enough about immigration laws and policies but this is just how I feel, don't shoot me down for my point of view
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:32 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

One of the reasons we're migrating, is due to the flood of different cultures Britain is now swamped in. And I'm incensed, not by the migrants entering, legally or illegally, but by the bureaucrats at Westminster who have allowed this to happen.
So you'd prefer a Britain with one culture would you? So by leaving and going to Australia, you'll be entering a country with less cultural diversity?

Main Entry: cultural diversity
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: ethnic, gender, racial, and socioeconomic variety in a situation, institution, or group; the coexistence of different ethnic, gender, racial, and socioeconomic groups within one social unit

I looked it up in the dictionary. Seems a shame that we can't all coexist in one group/country. Of course, it means learning about another's culture and that doesn't mean enjoying a curry on a friday night and calling it a 'cultural' experience
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:54 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
I looked it up in the dictionary. Seems a shame that we can't all coexist in one group/country. Of course, it means learning about another's culture and that doesn't mean enjoying a curry on a friday night and calling it a 'cultural' experience
PMSL k for that
Old Apr 17th 2006, 1:09 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

This whole debate confuses me

I am in a mixed race relationship - partner is Indian, so I see things a little differently.

England sure is multi-cultural, in my mind more so than parts of Australia (certainly Perth at any rate).

Someone commented that they were happy to move to Australia due to the immigration laws in England, but this sounds odd. Do you mean because Australia is more choosier/stricter about the immigration or because it is stricter on illegal immigrants? So by going to Australia, you are happier because they let less 'foreigners' in????? But by being English, you are a foreigner! Just because we share the same queen doesn't mean it's the same country?!

Not trying to spark a fight - just trying to understand the whole debate going on here. It seems sad that people believe that they are casting a protest vote when voting for these openly racist parties.

Anyway, I don't know enough about immigration laws and policies but this is just how I feel, don't shoot me down for my point of view
I think to be honest the brits admire the way australia handles its illegals ie banging them up for long periods of time .Where as briton is letting in any tom dick and harry in now and with the flood of eastern blockers its giving the locals the hump especially when they work for half the money and live ten to a room .I think most ordinary people who are sensible arnt against immigration at all but the floodgates are open in the uk and just about every town has its own enclaves now ,australia only wants the best of the crop from the world that is why it does run quite a stringent immigration policy the brit system is even more stringent againsts those coming from outside the EU but from within its getting flooded and people dont like it as the brits have never been comfortable with being classed with the continentals.I would also advocate that the brits are far more excepting of foreigners than white australians are of newly arrived immigrants especially if black ,theres heaps of rednecks here in WA especially in places like kalgoorlie etc.I guess i seem a bit contradictory in what i have written here its hard for me to explain but i suppose the brits arnt happy with the amount that are coming in one go ,but those that come and intergrate by and large are accepted and regards to the continentals well we have a bit of the problem with the french because their women dont shave under their arms and they eat snails and well the germans thats quite obvious the reason we dont like them [they pinch all the chairs around the pool in spain] and the italians we dont like them because they are suave and generally are cowards ,and the spanish we dont like them becuse they pinch all our women when on holiday ,the dutch are alright because they love porn and we love going to amsterdam and smoking joints ,and the polish we dont like them because they will work for peanuts and are genarally miserable ,we dont like the swiss because they got heaps of dosh and are fence sitters and blow big horns .

Last edited by sassenach; Apr 17th 2006 at 1:26 am.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 1:14 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

It seems sad that people believe that they are casting a protest vote when voting for these openly racist parties.

i'm totally with you about this, I don't know how to respond to such a comment.
To me the BNP are a bunch of bigotted racist thugs and a protest vote would, at a push be ...........The Green Party

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.