Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

More voters consider going BNP

Wikiposts

More voters consider going BNP

Old Apr 19th 2006, 11:40 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More voters consider going BNP

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Cheers. See TWT was right we can be very nice posters

said you were a nice poster didnt i???

Old Apr 19th 2006, 11:41 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Cheers. See TWT was right we can be very nice posters
but only on a wednesday......s**t got my days mixed up, gotta be a right mare now
Old Apr 19th 2006, 11:57 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
kiwi, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the success of the NZ government with regard to indigenous rights, discrimination, etc.

I understand that the Maoris had a substantial advantage over the Aborigines, being a more advanced civilisation and therefore in a better position to negotiate with the British; they even signed an official treaty of some sort, didn't they?

I believe that their socio-political sophistication played a major part in their (relative) success with the British. I also believe that if the Australian Aborigines had been in the same position, they would have achieved the same level of success.

Unfortunately, the prevailing view at that time saw the Australian Aborigines as little more than beasts and savages; consequently, people felt more comfortable about brutalising them.
Okay, the historical settings and political designs are a lot different between the two countries.

The British, after they lost the war of independence could no longer send convicts to states in America like Georgia etc.

They had convicts banged up in ship type prisons floating on the Thames. they then tried to shift them to West Africa but disease ended up killing convicts and guards and officials alike.

The grabbing of Australia was seen as an answer to their problems.

By contrast:

NZ had already an established settlement of whalers and others, many who were friendly with the Maori, traded with them, took their females for their wives.

The Brits didn't want anything to do with NZ. Infact it wasn't until the chiefs of 31 tribes sent a letter to the Monarch stating that the French had designs on the place and they were afraid they could not repel them in battle without British support, that the Brits did anything!

Because Britain had no real interest in NZ, a treaty (The Treaty of Waitangi) was signed without any real concern on the part of the English.

Maori were the dominant race at the time but they weren't the original occupants of NZ. The Maori-ori were. And yes stories of cannibalism are true.

The Maori were a warrior race and numerically and strategically superior when it came to war. The maori-ori by comparison were a largely peaceful race who had not valued the development of fighting and strategies of dealing with conflict.

In my opinon some maori scammers have rode on the wave or Maori rights to the detriment of both their people and NZ as a whole. And the govt there has gone too far to 'make up' for alleged injustices that never occured on any level or scale that could be compared with what happened to the Aboriginal in Australia.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:46 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: More voters consider going BNP

Originally Posted by kiwichild
NZ had already an established settlement of whalers and others, many who were friendly with the Maori, traded with them, took their females for their wives.

The Brits didn't want anything to do with NZ. Infact it wasn't until the chiefs of 31 tribes sent a letter to the Monarch stating that the French had designs on the place and they were afraid they could not repel them in battle without British support, that the Brits did anything!

Because Britain had no real interest in NZ, a treaty (The Treaty of Waitangi) was signed without any real concern on the part of the English.

Maori were the dominant race at the time but they weren't the original occupants of NZ. The Maori-ori were. And yes stories of cannibalism are true.

The Maori were a warrior race and numerically and strategically superior when it came to war. The maori-ori by comparison were a largely peaceful race who had not valued the development of fighting and strategies of dealing with conflict.

In my opinon some maori scammers have rode on the wave or Maori rights to the detriment of both their people and NZ as a whole. And the govt there has gone too far to 'make up' for alleged injustices that never occured on any level or scale that could be compared with what happened to the Aboriginal in Australia.
Great, thanks for the info kiwi!
Old Apr 20th 2006, 4:13 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild

The Maori were a warrior race and numerically and strategically superior when it came to war.
I heard somewhere, more than one member of the British fleet recorded that, from first impressions, it would not be sensible to antagonise the Maori for this very reason.

This was fed back to the U.K, and unlike so many other conquering feats dialogue actually took place between ourselves and the natives - very civilised

When one imagines stepping ashore and seeing the likes of Jonah Lomu running at you with a spear, it's no surprise though.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:54 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this for the new face of the BNP .

A quote from Dr Edwards, a snr member of BNP

He also told the student: "When you go to work and you pay taxes, imagine paying all that tax to give money to single parents in London who have got three or four black kids.

"The black kids are going to grow up dysfunctional, low IQ, low achievers that drain our welfare benefits and the prison system and probably go and mug you."

When challenged he said ' I stand by my views '

The mentalist goes on.....
"People in black or sub-Saharan Africa have not been under the same pressures of selection that we have in this part of the world that has made on average our people slightly more intelligent.

"That can be seen quite clearly if you look at say the history of black Africa.

"There have been no great civilisations that have formed in sub-Saharan Africa, no great science. To put it crudely, there's no black Mozart, there's no black Dickens."

Even funnier.... a leaflet from the BNP...
" 'Fact: Western couples average 1.8 children, muslim couples average 7.4 children' and adds: 'Fact: 1.5 million new homes are required for immigrants;.

The BNP could not say where the first fact came from, while in the second the truth is heavily distorted.

What a load of numpties. They really smirk me off, bunch of smirking smirkers they are. They should deport all the BNP members to the isle of wight.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:01 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
Look at this for the new face of the BNP .

A quote from Dr Edwards, a snr member of BNP

He also told the student: "When you go to work and you pay taxes, imagine paying all that tax to give money to single parents in London who have got three or four black kids.

"The black kids are going to grow up dysfunctional, low IQ, low achievers that drain our welfare benefits and the prison system and probably go and mug you."

When challenged he said ' I stand by my views '

The mentalist goes on.....
"People in black or sub-Saharan Africa have not been under the same pressures of selection that we have in this part of the world that has made on average our people slightly more intelligent.

"That can be seen quite clearly if you look at say the history of black Africa.

"There have been no great civilisations that have formed in sub-Saharan Africa, no great science. To put it crudely, there's no black Mozart, there's no black Dickens."

Even funnier.... a leaflet from the BNP...
" 'Fact: Western couples average 1.8 children, muslim couples average 7.4 children' and adds: 'Fact: 1.5 million new homes are required for immigrants;.

The BNP could not say where the first fact came from, while in the second the truth is heavily distorted.

What a load of numpties. They really smirk me off, bunch of smirking smirkers they are. They should deport all the BNP members to the isle of wight.
What an ignorant tosser
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:17 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
What an ignorant tosser
hey dont shoot the messenger - jeezus

Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:20 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
hey dont shoot the messenger - jeezus

LOL