Wikiposts

More Banana news!

Old Jun 7th 2006, 8:23 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More Banana news!

Originally Posted by steve`o
my missus got one last night
Lucky bitch

Donna.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:40 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

They're the long yellow things in the supermarkets right?
The ones with the armed guards staked out around them.
Haven't had one this year, haven't missed them either. Lady's Fingers are still cheap here as are the cooking bananas. It's just your common ones that are stupidly priced.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:46 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
They're the long yellow things in the supermarkets right?
The ones with the armed guards staked out around them.
Haven't had one this year, haven't missed them either. Lady's Fingers are still cheap here as are the cooking bananas. It's just your common ones that are stupidly priced.
got to ask whats a "ladies finger"
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It's a banana

But you have to google it, take note of the ads at the bottom of the page
Old Jun 8th 2006, 2:19 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh well ladies fingers are a very nice banana smaller and more delicate than your average monkey fodder. I don't think you can get them in the U.K you certainly can't get the cooking bananas there. They're nice to, you can use them just like potatoes, basically a starch rich fruit, they make excellent chips.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Aussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really nice

have just received an email from my MIL telling me that she has just bought about 20 bananas from Tesco for 66p!

that's ridiculously cheap, makes you wonder if the farmers are getting a fair price.....but that's a whole new thread
Old Jun 8th 2006, 4:47 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: More Banana news!

An off-licence in Sydney recently put a light-hearted note in its window stating that no bananas were kept on the premises overnight.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 4:50 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: More Banana news!

Originally Posted by Aussiecat
have just received an email from my MIL telling me that she has just bought about 20 bananas from Tesco for 66p!

that's ridiculously cheap, makes you wonder if the farmers are getting a fair price.....but that's a whole new thread
That's a no-brainer: they won't be getting a fair price.

The only ones who get a fair price are the blokes who sell their fruit via Fair Trade organisations, or via private agreements with ethical companies.

Everyone else gets screwed.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:17 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Crivens!
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

SCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud of
Talking Re: More Banana news!

Think I will plant a couple of banana trees myself when I arrive

SCooper
x
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling
Haven't bought bananas in a while. Last banana thing I bought was a carton of banana custard with 5% guaranteed real banana in it! Cost me 70c on a reduced price quick sale.

" All I want for Xmas is a banana sandwich on fresh crusty bread and a banana split"

Hmm, maybe a toasted banana sandwich with sugar on top too
Old Jun 9th 2006, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toppa
Haven't bought bananas in a while. Last banana thing I bought was a carton of banana custard with 5% guaranteed real banana in it! Cost me 70c on a reduced price quick sale.

" All I want for Xmas is a banana sandwich on fresh crusty bread and a banana split"

Hmm, maybe a toasted banana sandwich with sugar on top too
the banana crisis was even mentioned on Heart 106.2 this morning
made me laugh a bit