Mini tornado

Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mini tornado

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Passionate definitely I'll leave others to judge whether I'm good at it though I certainly couldn't try any harder!

Looks like its being referred to as a "whirlwind" originating in a storm cell. Yes, centred in the Harbour road area, lines down, fences down, iron off roofs. Sound like it was a very small area affected, fortunately.
Win news called it a mini tornado tonight and I drove by today to do my nosy and it was a small area about 200 yards that got hit. A woman who works with Angie got caught in it and she said the noise was deafening and she closed her eyes as she thought her number was up. What folllowed was a deafening silence with no birds singing or squeaking. Spooky.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:42 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger i thought this thread was about my return to oz
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
Win news called it a mini tornado tonight and I drove by today to do my nosy and it was a small area about 200 yards that got hit. A woman who works with Angie got caught in it and she said the noise was deafening and she closed her eyes as she thought her number was up. What folllowed was a deafening silence with no birds singing or squeaking. Spooky.
Nasty business whatever its called - its only technical differences between the names, and I'd rather not be anywhere near one of them. I'd read that it was only a very small area that copped the brunt of it - thank goodness.

Amazes me looking at stuff on twitter and facebook of these guys - mainly in the USA - who actually chase tornadoes. Some of the ones in the US go for 100s of km and are absolutely deadly, yet people want to follow them and experience them. Abosultely bonkers!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:46 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Bugger i thought this thread was about my return to oz
Oh how apt
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by framac67
On xmas day around midday, a mini ?? tornado went through Mackay and uprooted trees and overturned a couple of moored boats. There has been a lot of rain and some localised flooding which is normal for this place (gives the local bogans a wash they'd not get other wise) but a tornado ffs. Areas around mackay, Eungella got 607mm, Clarke range got 730mm and Finch Hatton got a mere 460mm. I dont know what the town got and i dont give a flying f*** just as long it stayed away from my front door. We spent xmas day in darkness, eating a red rooster and playing scrabble, as enjoyable as it was.
The woman 2 doors up, went away for her xmas dinner and when she returned the next day, her lovely big silver saloon car had been inundated with water making it a write-off. She had only parked it outside at the kerb. My my, she should have known better.

Anyway, my point is that Mackay council couldn't run a raffle. They spend copious amounts of rate payers money (highest in Qld I believe) on shitty artwork dotted around the town to try and entice tourists when all along, the drainage system in the town is f**ked. I would suggest that none of the over-payed councillors live on a street where the drains dont work or they would be fixed pronto. So if anybody is planning on moving to Mackay,,,DONT. Its an overpriced, shit hole infested with local rednecks who care more about their tattoos than their cleanliness....Feel free to comment or ask questions about this small town trying hard and failing to kid itself on, that its a city.

mate travelled to Mackay for a holiday took one look and travelled all the way back home 10 hours in total.........hated it
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:54 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BigH68
mate travelled to Mackay for a holiday took one look and travelled all the way back home 10 hours in total.........hated it
I've heard its pretty dire in places, but didn't realise it was THAT bad
Old Dec 28th 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've heard its pretty dire in places, but didn't realise it was THAT bad
we hated it...people were so rude and just wanted your money so we said sod it...spent 4 nights on Great Keppel instead...awesome
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:10 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BigH68
we hated it...people were so rude and just wanted your money so we said sod it...spent 4 nights on Great Keppel instead...awesome
Thats supposed to be gorgeous, friend of mine from Hobart spent a lot of holidays over there and loved it.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:49 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Don't ****** come to CAIRNS........I'm worried it'll follow you up.
i was just thinkin the same