Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Milk and Bread prices.... slashed ???

Wikiposts

Milk and Bread prices.... slashed ???

Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milk and Bread prices.... slashed ???

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I know it was rejected by the government but the Fuelwatch website we have in WA sorts this out. You can see what the price will be today and tomorrow at every station in WA. It's very helpful.
The only thing I've found here is useless, I used to have the app on my desktop but it didn't include Caltex and many times was incorrect so chocolate teapot comes to mind. WA isn't completely useless is it?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I know I'm probably a lone voice here but I wish QLD would bring back Cheap Tuesday (or whatever day) for fuel, I can't get to grips with when it's cheaper here at the moment, other than always filling up and finding it's cheaper the next day, regardless of how long I hang on. At least I used to have a vague idea. I had to pay $1.48 the other day with the docket, not happy. It's up and down like a whores drawers at the moment.
Around our area, at the moment anyway, the price is lowest Thursday afternoon and often stays low till Sunday afternoon. However this past weekend, prices were a bit weird.

Mrs JTL
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:24 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I know I'm probably a lone voice here but I wish QLD would bring back Cheap Tuesday (or whatever day) for fuel, I can't get to grips with when it's cheaper here at the moment, other than always filling up and finding it's cheaper the next day, regardless of how long I hang on. At least I used to have a vague idea. I had to pay $1.48 the other day with the docket, not happy. It's up and down like a whores drawers at the moment.
Many people complained about all the other days being more expensive, and the petrol companies were investigated about it, so, as I expected at the time, they changed it. Now hardly anyone gets it and those who didn't buy on Tuesdays, and complained, are now happy that we all pay a higher price

If they actually thought that every day would come down to the low price, as some were saying, they really got that wrong.

Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Many people complained about all the other days being more expensive, and the petrol companies were investigated about it, so, as I expected at the time, they changed it. Now hardly anyone gets it and those who didn't buy on Tuesdays, and complained, are now happy that we all pay a higher price

If they actually thought that every day would come down to the low price, as some were saying, they really got that wrong.
I remember thinking 'I don't think this is going to work as people think it will' and lo and behold, no one has a flaming clue when it's cheaper than any other day