Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Old Mar 19th 2014, 7:23 am
  #286  
Proudly Deplorable
 
Amazulu's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Alloha snack bar
Posts: 23,912
Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
I don't want to see diagrams of Courtney Love's foof!
I do

I dig white trash girls
Amazulu is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2014, 8:25 am
  #287  
Moreland Member
 
ozzieeagle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,430
ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Errrm hope I didn't get anyones hopes up too much.... But here's Courtneys "Evidence"





It's a slightly Phallic, but you'd expect that.
ozzieeagle is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2014, 8:26 am
  #288  
Moreland Member
 
ozzieeagle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,430
ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
I do

I dig white trash girls
Me too...for sure. Lindsey Lohan being the pinnacle at present..... She's saveable I reckon


Not by me, or anyone in my age range unfortunately.
ozzieeagle is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2014, 10:58 am
  #289  
idealist
 
stevenglish1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 6,307
stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
I don't want to see diagrams of Courtney Love's foof!
I agree, it's not a train wreck we're looking for......
stevenglish1 is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:35 pm
  #290  
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere
 
The Bloke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: The Magic Roundabout
Posts: 8,141
The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by Swerv-o View Post
Yeah, I picked up on this yesterday:

Flight diverted to Diego Garcia

Apparently for quarantine purposes. Initially I dismissed this as random tittle tattle, but now we have this from the Russians:

Russia puzzled over Malaysia Airlines capture by US navy/

Not saying any of this is concrete, but it certainly adds more interest to the story...


S
The second one reeks of the vast amount of illogical anti-US crap coming out of the Soviet Union, ooppps, I mean the Russia these days.....
The Bloke is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2014, 8:59 pm
  #291  
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Wol's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 9,395
Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Yep, plane down in Queensland and QFES - who now run emergency management - are in there at once, even for a small one. For an airliner we would be involved as coordinators for Transport, CASA, AMSA ( if down in Queensland waters) QPS, and all other agencies like Ambulance as they become necessary. The airline itself has a role to play - caring for relatives, to name just one thing- but they are not trained to search, recover, preserve a site etc. there are State and National plans and protocols and each agency plays its role as required.
I don't have access to the Malaysian plans, nor do I know what goes on behind the scenes there, but I do know how frantic and serious a search like this would be if it happened here, especially during the first few hours before any facts emerge. I also know that however a major incident is dealt with, there will always be critics saying it should have been done faster/diffferent/better. As the time goes on, well its just getting more intriguing by the day, but those first few hours - maybe as long as 48 - I really felt for the individuals in the agencies trying to conduct the search, I would not have liked to be coordinating that one, either personally or professionally.
Exactly.
Wol is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2014, 12:46 am
  #292  
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs
Thread Starter
 
GarryP's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,558
GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Aggghhhh !!!!

Sometimes you just want to give reporters a pair of concrete boots and drop them in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Every scummy trick in the hacks' dirty toolbag to sensationalise and obscurate. "Cindy Wockner" - Wot a c....

http://www.news.com.au/world/search-...-1226859680610
GarryP is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2014, 1:08 am
  #293  
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Wol's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 9,395
Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack View Post
I pick up a newspaper by choice once a week. I see your point about it not just being IT - but IT supplies the connectivity, I suppose.

This gulf about who wants to know is irrelevant if noone does. And if the stuff that people do know is taken from tabloid sources with little depth of understanding. And these are the things we want to get faster solving - and we have come along way in 50 years.
Absolutely.

Nowhere is this more apparent than in the worldwide "debate" over climate change. The agenda of disinformation being spread by the coal, oil and gas industry (hundreds of millions of dollars) is very successful. Not only do the hysterical shock jocks like Limbaugh and Jones spread "facts" that they do not comprehend, but blogs are filled with deniers cutting and pasting the same few discredited "facts" ad nauseam.

Anyone who takes just a few minutes to follow the trails, and who Googles the *real* science will realise how the public is being misled. Exactly the same sort of herd ignorance is being shown, as you say, in the MH370 episode.

.
Wol is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2014, 2:24 am
  #294  
Proudly Deplorable
 
Amazulu's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Alloha snack bar
Posts: 23,912
Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by Wol View Post
Absolutely.

Nowhere is this more apparent than in the worldwide "debate" over climate change. The agenda of disinformation being spread by the coal, oil and gas industry (hundreds of millions of dollars) is very successful. Not only do the hysterical shock jocks like Limbaugh and Jones spread "facts" that they do not comprehend, but blogs are filled with deniers cutting and pasting the same few discredited "facts" ad nauseam.


.
MMGW is the new religion - there is just as much hysteria on the pro side. Denying it is akin to heresy now

Read, research, draw your own conclusions. I've done that and realise that MMGW is not happening - which is contrary to what the opinion of the herd is

Works for me

Each to their own
Amazulu is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:23 am
  #295  
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs
Thread Starter
 
GarryP's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,558
GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by Wol View Post
Not only do the hysterical shock jocks like Limbaugh and Jones spread "facts" that they do not comprehend, but blogs are filled with deniers cutting and pasting the same few discredited "facts" ad nauseam.
You are entitled to your own beliefs, not your own facts. If the facts disprove your belief, you need to change your beliefs.

The deniers have gone right out the other side of scepticism and into downright loony denial that the facts might have landed with a bunch of steel toecaps on their ideas. The get supported by far right vested interests that really don't care if 4 billion die, just so long as they can add another zero to the end of their bank balance.

The sooner the loonies, and their funders, get held to account for the damage they have bought about, the better.

Getting back on subject, the Indonesians are now saying they didn't see anything on radar :
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...-minister.html

So either their radar was even worse than the Malaysians - or the pilot took a route up and around Indonesian airspace to avoid detection of his eventual direction (south), which figures from the most likely scenario.
GarryP is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:18 am
  #296  
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs
Thread Starter
 
GarryP's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,558
GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Abbott saying in PM questions that debris had been spotted by satellite and aircraft were going to check it out :

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-2...-mh370/5334314

-------
After that press conference, I think they are fairly confident that its something of interest. The list of assets being tasked in that direction was long. 24m in size is a big lump for a satellite pic. They are tasking commercial satellite operators to get releasable pics.

Last edited by GarryP; Mar 20th 2014 at 5:51 am.
GarryP is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2014, 5:51 am
  #297  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
curly's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 25,277
curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
Abbott saying in PM questions that debris had been spotted by satellite and aircraft were going to check it out :

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-2...-mh370/5334314
They're saying one of the ''objects'' is 24m long.
curly is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2014, 5:53 am
  #298  
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs
Thread Starter
 
GarryP's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,558
GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by curly View Post
They're saying one of the ''objects'' is 24m long.
Yep, 24m is big enough that they would have a good view from a military sat - which is probably why they are tasking everything bar the kitchen sink to the area.
GarryP is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2014, 5:57 am
  #299  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,230
JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
You are entitled to your own beliefs, not your own facts. If the facts disprove your belief, you need to change your beliefs.

The deniers have gone right out the other side of scepticism and into downright loony denial that the facts might have landed with a bunch of steel toecaps on their ideas. The get supported by far right vested interests that really don't care if 4 billion die, just so long as they can add another zero to the end of their bank balance.

The sooner the loonies, and their funders, get held to account for the damage they have bought about, the better.

Getting back on subject, the Indonesians are now saying they didn't see anything on radar :
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...-minister.html

So either their radar was even worse than the Malaysians - or the pilot took a route up and around Indonesian airspace to avoid detection of his eventual direction (south), which figures from the most likely scenario.
But the overload of information is now so vast that anyone can find 'facts' to back up their beliefs. Facts no longer drive beliefs, people have irrational beliefs (same as they have ever done) but can now find 'facts' through 'experts' and 'studies' online to echo pretty much anything they want.
JoeBloggs80 is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2014, 8:08 am
  #300  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
carolinephillips's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 7,580
carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
It's true there's diagrams and everything. ..I'll see if I can link them when I get home.
She did spot something....but it turned out to be a boat.
carolinephillips is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.