Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by Shard
Suicide seems so unlikely. No requirement for elaborate planning, just ditch the plane.
Yes, but if it is at all obvious, his life insurance likely won't pay out.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 5:56 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Yes, but if it is at all obvious, his life insurance likely won't pay out.
Assuming he wants it to pay out.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 10:31 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Suicide seems so unlikely. No requirement for elaborate planning, just ditch the plane.
Agreed - except it's the only thing that seems to make even a modicum of sense. All the other idea about stealing plane/passengers/cargo etc. are all too hollywood. If you can imagine James Bond foiling the plot with 7 seconds to go - it's not credible.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
This is the best analysis I have seen so far of the sequence of events and how it could have been achieved.
Very interesting.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:45 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Just read that it was seen over the Maldives flying SE

This is not my opinion or what I believe BTW, just something that I read
Old Mar 19th 2014, 1:07 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Just read that it was seen over the Maldives flying SE

This is not my opinion or what I believe BTW, just something that I read

Yeah, I picked up on this yesterday:

Flight diverted to Diego Garcia

Apparently for quarantine purposes. Initially I dismissed this as random tittle tattle, but now we have this from the Russians:

Russia puzzled over Malaysia Airlines capture by US navy/

Not saying any of this is concrete, but it certainly adds more interest to the story...

S
Old Mar 19th 2014, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

See my post from yesterday where I read that on a link on one of the aviation forums.

The second article talks about remotely controlling the 777 but fails to mention it's not totally fly-by-wire as it has hydraulic back-up systems as well. That's one of the reasons I've always liked it!

The Indian Ocean theory seems to fit with direction and range. I doubt if it landed in the Maldives. There are 4 classified international airports and 6 domestic, Gan (the ex-UK military base and now a resort) is the furthest south and could probably take a 777 as A300's used to fly there. Although Male was one of the airports in the flight sim. However, Male is listed as one of the worlds top 10 difficult airports to land at so is always a choice for people who like to play Flight Sim games. I'm always pleased to be on the ground when landing there and not in the sea.

Seems a bit far fetched that it was supposed to land in China but the the US remotely flew it to Diago...... although I have wondered who or what was on board if it wasn't a technical issue that caused the disappearance. Keep on wondering......
Old Mar 19th 2014, 1:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yeah, I picked up on this yesterday:

Flight diverted to Diego Garcia

Apparently for quarantine purposes. Initially I dismissed this as random tittle tattle, but now we have this from the Russians:

Russia puzzled over Malaysia Airlines capture by US navy/

Not saying any of this is concrete, but it certainly adds more interest to the story...

S
I don't really want to get into guessing and speculation as there is enough of that on this thread already but that 2nd link is just nutcracker news
Old Mar 19th 2014, 1:44 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim
Seems a bit far fetched that it was supposed to land in China but the the US remotely flew it to Diago...... although I have wondered who or what was on board if it wasn't a technical issue that caused the disappearance. Keep on wondering......
If the US flew it to Diego Garcia to extract a chinese citizen off the plane - the chinese would probably bomb the sh*t out of someone. OBL himself wouldn't have been worth the sh*tstorm that would create.

As I say, far too hollywood.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 1:46 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I don't really want to get into guessing and speculation as there is enough of that on this thread already but that 2nd link is just nutcracker news

I'm not commenting on the veracity of the articles, just throwing them out there as part of the overall puzzle.

S
Old Mar 19th 2014, 2:39 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I'm not commenting on the veracity of the articles, just throwing them out there as part of the overall puzzle.

S
A friend posted an article claiming that Courtney Love knows where the plane is. I believe she has it stashed up her foof.

Everyone has a theory!
Old Mar 19th 2014, 2:53 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Dreamy
A friend posted an article claiming that Courtney Love knows where the plane is. I believe she has it stashed up her foof.

Everyone has a theory!

I think that having a theory is perfectly acceptable, providing they are all taken with a pinch of salt. Critical thinking and investigation are good skills to have, and being able to separate the plausible from the downright outrageous is another one. Absolutely nothing wrong with seeking to discover and understand by oneself.

And remember, as Douglas Adams once said:

"The idea was fantastically, wildly improbable. But like most fantastically, wildly improbable ideas it was at least as worthy of consideration as a more mundane one to which the facts had been strenuously bent to fit."

And as for the Courtney Love rumour - I'm happy to investigate it

S
Old Mar 19th 2014, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: MH370 - Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - missing

Originally Posted by Dreamy

Everyone has a theory!
It's true there's diagrams and everything. ..I'll see if I can link them when I get home.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 6:04 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's true there's diagrams and everything. ..I'll see if I can link them when I get home.
I don't want to see diagrams of Courtney Love's foof!
Old Mar 19th 2014, 6:18 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Spoilsport!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.