Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Melbournes best kept secrets

Melbournes best kept secrets

Old Jul 6th 2014, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbournes best kept secrets

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Is your lass a body builder Ozzie? If so how did she do ?

Bikini bodies I think it's called, it's not based on building muscle per se, more shaping the body. She got a place and can go back to eating normally now... Although she is entering another competition next March.

She's moved into the realms of being a personal trainer now. I think it's all about mixing in the right circles.... Networking etc.

Heres a picture from her NY Fit page..

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 6th 2014 at 2:47 am.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Bikini bodies I think it's called, it's not based on building muscle per se, more shaping the body. She got a place and can go back to eating normally now... Although she is entering another competition next March.

She's moved into the realms of being a personal trainer now. I think it's all about mixing in the right circles.... Networking etc.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...16448190_o.jpg
WOW! She looks fantastic! Well done to her. I bet you are a very proud dad!
Good looking lass you have their Ozzie.

I can appreciate all the hard work she's put in to looking this good, The gruelling protein diet and all the training she will have endured. I think she looks fab, particularly her shoulders.

Tell her she can be my PT when I get there. That's if I can afford her.

I have one now twice a week. He charges me £150 for ten sessions each session being 3/4 of an hour long.

I absolutely love the sessions, especially when they are over. LOL!
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...16448190_o.jpg
Bloody hell Ozzie how did an ugly sod like you produce such a beautiful daughter
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Bloody hell Ozzie how did an ugly sod like you produce such a beautiful daughter
She looks like her mother.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
She looks like her mother.
Yehp she does as well, when my wife was that age of course. !

Just starting out on her dream career as a Personal Trainer, done the course, given up her career. It'll be interesting to see what happens when someone goes all out on something they've been chasing and longing for.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yehp she does as well, when my wife was that age of course. !

Just starting out on her dream career as a Personal Trainer, done the course, given up her career. It'll be interesting to see what happens when someone goes all out on something they've been chasing and longing for.
Well she certainly looks the part, I'm sure she'll do well.
Well done to her for making it happen.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 1:27 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

I'm not allowed to talk about Mordialloc positively on here.

BB
I like the sport club upstairs bar. Book lunch there on a nice day and you'll get some really good views of the bay. I've heard people rave about Doyle's hotel by the bridge, but I've eaten there a few times and not really found it that good.

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Now people any suggestions for Indian Restaurants in melb. We are spoilt for choice in QLD, 3 authentic Indian run restaurant close by.
There's one near the Mt Erica pub Prahan, High Street which is good (can't recall the name).

Also the Bombay Club near Ormond station rates well.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

BB, this site can sometimes be a bit of a competition to see who can be the most miserable - all in the name of being 'realistic' - the last time I checked a real happy life is better than a real miserable one. In the game of Top Trumps, the first card always outplays the second :-)

Anywhere near the bay in Melbourne and within 30mins of the city is instant
good news.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

The Anchorage on the Strand in Willy- bit pricy but the food is yummmm.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
The Anchorage on the Strand in Willy- bit pricy but the food is yummmm.
Just down the road from our place; haven't eaten there recently but friends report exactly what you said - excellent food and a little pricey.

The Anchorage when Queen Mary 2 was docked opposite in March plus another shot. They started a coffee bar at the front and it is extremely popular with joggers, walkers etc who get a coffee from 8.00 am every day and sit at the tables, some shown in 2nd photo.

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 8:52 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Melbournes best kept secrets

Originally Posted by NJJ
I like the sport club upstairs bar. Book lunch there on a nice day and you'll get some really good views of the bay. I've heard people rave about Doyle's hotel by the bridge, but I've eaten there a few times and not really found it that good.
There are a couple of places near us where you can eat with a perfect bay view. I'm not going to name at least one of them - it's hard enough to get a table as it is!

Doyles is typical of a restaurant that has a perfect setting - it doesn't need to try with the food or service. Both are crap which is a real shame as it is so lovely to sit there looking over the creek and the bay - one of Melbourne's nicest spots I reckon.

Cafe on Warren is a new place that does evening meals on Fridays only, quite reasonably priced, good sized portions and only one block walk home.....

BB
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--ABee
There are a couple of places near us where you can eat with a perfect bay view. I'm not going to name at least one of them - it's hard enough to get a table as it is!

Doyles is typical of a restaurant that has a perfect setting - it doesn't need to try with the food or service. Both are crap which is a real shame as it is so lovely to sit there looking over the creek and the bay - one of Melbourne's nicest spots I reckon.

Cafe on Warren is a new place that does evening meals on Fridays only, quite reasonably priced, good sized portions and only one block walk home.....

BB
Parkdale cafe? You can't be talking about that Windows place, if it's still there!
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 10:43 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Melbournes best kept secrets

Originally Posted by Hebe
Parkdale cafe? You can't be talking about that Windows place, if it's still there!
Windows is still there - havent been there for years, very average last time we went. Another place that trades off its view, not its food.

BB
Old Aug 16th 2014, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich
There are a few people moving down, including me for a while ( sons at UNI and atullarmarine ) and was just reading OzzieE saying the great food available.

Share a few of your favorite things/restaurants/bars/camps/days out etc.

Not the flinders street/fed square stuff, more the stuff you only know if you already live there.

And dont mention Mordillioc
After a good curry? Went here last night and it was v good:
Base Camp Northcote - Northcote - Official Website

Rates v highly amongst fellow expats:
Base Camp Northcote - Northcote | Urbanspoon

Highly recommend the baltis and chicken tikka masala.

HTH
Old Aug 16th 2014, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OzSheila
After a good curry? Went here last night and it was v good:
Base Camp Northcote - Northcote - Official Website

Rates v highly amongst fellow expats:
Base Camp Northcote - Northcote | Urbanspoon

Highly recommend the baltis and chicken tikka masala.

HTH
Thats nice and close, might go there tonight. Have you been to the Panama room or Hell of the North, around Fitzroy Collingwood OS ?

Holiday for two weeks at present, so lots of restaurants in the next couple of weeks, thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.