Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Melbourne weather!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

Melbourne weather!!!!!!!

Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:10 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne weather!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I'm sure you didn't come emigrate for the weather
Why?

Although not the only reason, the weather is a massive reason for leaving blighty. This is why we didn't look at Melbourne on our reccie.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Why?

Although not the only reason, the weather is a massive reason for leaving blighty. This is why we didn't look at Melbourne on our reccie.
The weather in Melbourne is a massive improvement on that of the uk - some of us don't want to live in year round temps of 30 degrees!
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:31 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hereandnow
Thats where we are, the past 24 hours has been awful down here, windy as hell. Reminds me of cornwall in Winter, very bleak. On the other hand its lovely when the sun is shining, summer was fantastic. I hate the fact I sound like a whinging pom but this weather.......no thanks!!
see this is where I am probably mad (no comment Lapthorn) but I love the sea in winter especially cornwall, being wrapped up snug in a scarf and hat watching the waves crash about brilliant. Then off for a hot toddy
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:34 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
see this is where I am probably mad (no comment Lapthorn) but I love the sea in winter especially cornwall, being wrapped up snug in a scarf and hat watching the waves crash about brilliant. Then off for a hot toddy
you can call me Lewis darling
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pootle
The weather in Melbourne is a massive improvement on that of the uk - some of us don't want to live in year round temps of 30 degrees!
Couldn't agree more. And it sounds a lovely city. Mrs L & myself just like things a 'iccle warmer.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:22 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Couldn't agree more. And it sounds a lovely city. Mrs L & myself just like things a 'iccle warmer.
I thought you once said you were Scottish. :scared:

Your what is known out here as a Big Wuss.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
Hey, me too! I saw those piccies of the snow in Scotland and I got all excited! Doesn't take much!!

As for the folk moaning that the Mellie weather is a bit naff....come over here to Perth! It's 25 today, blue skies....same old, same old.

I'd love to see seasons again. Perth seasons are either hot and dry or cooler and wet. Nowt in between really.

Last edited by TraceyW; Apr 20th 2006 at 12:57 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Hey, me too! I saw those piccies of the snow in Scotland and I got all excited! Doesn't take much!!

As for the folk moaning that the Mellie weather is a bit naff....come over here to Perth! It's 25 today, blue skies....same old, same old.

I'd love to see seasons again. Perth seasons are either hot and dry or cooler and wet. Nowt in between really.
Sounds like Perth gets cold and wet too.

Have to be honest, I hate rain, although I don't mind cold. When it is truly *wet*, I do wish it was 25, even 20 degrees.

Lets face it, human beings want cold when they are hot and vice versa. The grass is truly better on the other side, personally, I want it to be moderate if I have to work outside, other than that, I favour warmth, but I still want to live in Melbourne.

I do love the ability to work outside in Melbourne in the autumn without burning up. I almost did a post to say that last weekend.

It will warm up next week, back to mid 20s. We've had a strange April - cyclonic activity in the North has had an effect.

Remember last year, it was 30 degrees on the last day of April in Melbourne.

Badge
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:16 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

The weather her is still an absolute mystery to me and i've been here 2 1/2 years. One day it can be 30 degs the next 17! It takes some getting used to.

That said the winters are mild and short in comparrison to the UK and i, for one, like to light my fire and rug up. As i have said countless times before prefer to be cold for a couple of months that burning hot for a couple of months. Its all down to the induvidual and their lifesyles i guess.

Oh and there are endless weeks of AFL to look forward to as well.

You can easily swim in the bay and anywhere round Melly really. I do tend the wear a wet suit (though not a steamer) if i'm going in for any length of time, but then i did that up in Geraldton on a 35 deg day. I'm just a whuss
Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Hi,

Didn't think it was cold, just wanted to let people see how COLD it is here. This was after one night of snowing so anything warmer than this will be fine. It cleared away very quickly although quite glad it had snowed this year so the girtls could play in it before we move, (hopefully). Really looking forward to Melbourne been in Adelaide 1997 and have two girls who are very fair and don't like it too hot. Whereabouts in Melbourne do you live. Hubby offered a job not far from Caroline Springs so looking to rent around there. Any suggestions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Keep warm!!!!

Regards
Sandra

Originally Posted by Pootle
IT'S NOT COLD!!!!!!
(ok - it's not too hot either!)
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Why?

I meant that surely it would not be the main reason.

Shame you didn't bother with Melbourne - it's a great city....as I added
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:07 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I meant that surely it would not be the main reason.

Shame you didn't bother with Melbourne - it's a great city....as I added
............with a great sense of community.....just thought I'd finish your sentence for you
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
............with a great sense of community.....just thought I'd finish your sentence for you
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:12 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you roll your eyes at me in that fashion
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Don't you roll your eyes at me in that fashion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.