Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Melbourne weather!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

Melbourne weather!!!!!!!

Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:18 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Melbourne weather!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Hereandnow
Hi all, Feeling a bit down and fed up today and I'm sure its because of this bloody awful Melbourne weather. Been here 6 months and the thoughts of the winter to come reminds me of how I used to feel at the start of the UK winter. Just how bad does it get? I am dreading it. Roll on September!!!

Stop whinging, if you whinge any more people will automatically assume you are Australian. For every weekend in March we didn't see a single cloud in the sky here, when have you ever had a month like that EVER in the uk.

A little bit of wind and rain is nothing to complain about, you must be from south of Yorkshire are you ? Just enjoy it,
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by baconmaster
Stop whinging, if you whinge any more people will automatically assume you are Australian. For every weekend in March we didn't see a single cloud in the sky here, when have you ever had a month like that EVER in the uk.

A little bit of wind and rain is nothing to complain about, you must be from south of Yorkshire are you ? Just enjoy it,
Wish I'd just said that
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:20 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pootle
Whereabouts were you? We haven't had too much wind up here - I think its worse down by the bay (another good reason not to live there!!)
Albert Park. Flying visit as it was for work.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hereandnow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by baconmaster

West Yorkshire actually!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
Albert Park. Flying visit as it was for work.
There you go then! Next time best come up here!!

ps - you weren't in the grand prix were you??
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

oh !! are we honoured to have a superstar in our midst ?
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:52 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

YOU New chums , can jump up and down and carry on, BUT.
In South Australia and western Victoria , these rains guarantee a multimillion dollar wheat crop............ ........ mm
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:53 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

What the temperature differential between Sydney and Melbourne at this time of year then? Just had a fairly typical gloating email from one of my surfing buddies and he said the water temp was 21 - it was a lovely 28 degrees and the surf was a clean 3 to 4 ft. He telling me porkies?
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
What the temperature differential between Sydney and Melbourne at this time of year then? Just had a fairly typical gloating email from one of my surfing buddies and he said the water temp was 21 - it was a lovely 28 degrees and the surf was a clean 3 to 4 ft. He telling me porkies?
Nope - I've looked here: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN65...92.94767.shtml
the temp at Sydney airport was 29 degrees today! Lucky them!!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:05 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Melbourne weather!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mr mover
YOU New chums , can jump up and down and carry on, BUT. In South Australia and western Victoria , these rains guarantee a multimillion dollar wheat crop............ ........ mm
LOL, that's our Mr Mover - straight to the point every time!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:12 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Nope - I've looked here: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN65...92.94767.shtml
the temp at Sydney airport was 29 degrees today! Lucky them!!
Ah cool. Or rather - not cool, if you see what I mean.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:33 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

I work for Renault F1 Team so sort of. I did briefly get on oz telly when I had my picture taken with the Fosters grid girls - it's a tough job but someones gotta do it (theres a photo in gallery just to prove it)

Last edited by benny the ball; Apr 19th 2006 at 10:36 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, Feeling a bit down and fed up today and I'm sure its because of this bloody awful Melbourne weather. Been here 6 months and the thoughts of the winter to come reminds me of how I used to feel at the start of the UK winter. Just how bad does it get? I am dreading it. Roll on September!!!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, did you not know about the Melbourne weather before you came ?

:scared:

Shocking, get yourself up to Queensland Mind you it feels cold here when it drops below 23c mind.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Hi there,

Sorry to hear the weather is cold. We are hoping to move to melbourne sometime this year as long as the man/woman from Aus says Yes!!! We are in Glasgow and a few weeks ago we had at least 8inches of snow. I will try and attach some photos just to remind you of COLD WEATHER. PC skills not very good but I'll try.

Hope it warms up soon.

Sandra

Attached Thumbnails Melbourne weather!!!!!!!-dscf0002.jpg   Melbourne weather!!!!!!!-dscf0005.jpg  
Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Hi there,

Sorry to hear the weather is cold. We are hoping to move to melbourne sometime this year as long as the man/woman from Aus says Yes!!! We are in Glasgow and a few weeks ago we had at least 8inches of snow. I will try and attach some photos just to remind you of COLD WEATHER. PC skills not very good but I'll try.

Hope it warms up soon.

Sandra
IT'S NOT COLD!!!!!!
(ok - it's not too hot either!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.