Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners

Wikiposts

Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners

Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Should be a great evening next Friday... what a pity they cannot be given the minor premiership award on the night... if they happen to win by a few goals that is.

Still totally unpredicatable... anyone got any odds ?
Yes, cant wait for the game on Friday night. Very tense indeed. Hadn't realised the 'we must win by more goals' factor...

hopefully Glen Moss will do his new team a favour..,...

Cant find any odds for Minor Premiership.

MEL 2.50 faves to win the whole thing.

I hate this finals malarkey, do you? imagine they decided to do it in the EPL, horrific. ALthough might be the only chance Liverpool would have to win it!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne at Home next week v Wellington, Adelaide away v the very useful Central Coast Mariners.

Both Melbourne or Adelaide can win the Title as they are on Equal points. 1 goal difference in Adelaides Favour.

Melbourne have to Win next week obviously, but a Two Goal win beats Adelaides one Goal win as Melbourne have scored more goals this season.

You dont get much closer than that for a final game of the season.

Should be a great evening next Friday... what a pity they cannot be given the minor premiership award on the night... if they happen to win by a few goals that is.

Still totally unpredicatable... anyone got any odds ?
Don't get tooo cocky the "Roar" could still pip both of em
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:53 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah let the top two slip up against two teams battling for the final spot in the top four. Judging by the performance Perth put in yesterday QLD could win by plenty and maybe sneak the top spot. Failing that we could do with at least one of them slipping up and letting us into second spot.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I had overlooked Qland, that was remiss of me so apologise for that.

It's not beyond the realms of imagination that Qland could finish top .....blimey !

That would take a almighty cock up from MV... surely they wouldnt lose at home..... dammit wish I hadn't said that lol !! Still all the teams having to win means there should be a lot of goals this weekend. MV generally benefit from teams playing attacking football against them. Not so good at MV v a defensive formation, as witnessed in the first half against CCM on Friday night. Soon as CCM had to open up... the holes appeared.

A 3 way finish good un

I wouldnt think twice about travelling to Adelaide for a Final, not so easy up to Qland... still if Roar do finish top and MV 2nd you are going to see a hell of a lot of Melburnians

Do you guys think Qland can come close to selling out a finals game. Could they sell out the actual final ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 18th 2009 at 1:51 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 3:17 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Do you guys think Qland can come close to selling out a finals game. Could they sell out the actual final ?
I think QLD pulled in just over 36,000 for the play off game at Suncorp against Sydney last year. I would say approx 30,000 if they play CCM/Wellington in the play off game. Out of the top four only Melbourne seem to bring any decent numbers to Suncorp (along with Sydney but they are gone). I think the only chance of a sell out at Suncorp this year would be to play Melbourne in either the prelim final or the final itself. It would be good to host the final at Suncorp its a great stadium, finally sorted the playing surface and has a host of pubs close by.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

i will definately travel if the FInal is away. IF.

i hope QLD make 2nd and Victory top cos i am in Noosa the forst week of the finals so might make the trip down the coast to watch it.

I really cant see BOTH ADL and MEL losing to allow QLD to sneak top spot.

Shame the games are bot on at the same time, that would be more exciting. Puts MEL at a distinct disadvantage, IMO
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
I think QLD pulled in just over 36,000 for the play off game at Suncorp against Sydney last year. I would say approx 30,000 if they play CCM/Wellington in the play off game. Out of the top four only Melbourne seem to bring any decent numbers to Suncorp (along with Sydney but they are gone). I think the only chance of a sell out at Suncorp this year would be to play Melbourne in either the prelim final or the final itself. It would be good to host the final at Suncorp its a great stadium, finally sorted the playing surface and has a host of pubs close by.
I'd have to go to that !!

Be a shame not to take the wife and kids, but that would make it too expensive.

Whereas Adelaide, we all can drive over relatively easily. If Adelaide finish top, and Melb second. I wonder if Adelaide realises whats could be coming. Adelaide is so easy to get to from Melbourne.

It's great that we still dont know make up of the finals series.

The sooner they have enough teams on board to scrap this Aussie finals style the better though. it would be fantastic to have a FA Cup style of comp which included the NSL teams.

BTW has anyone worked out yet, the Question the South End were asking the travelling CCM supporters all night.

"Where the f...k is Central Coast" LOL ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 18th 2009 at 4:49 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

The sooner they have enough teams on board to scrap this Aussie finals style the better though. it would be fantastic to have a FA Cup style of comp which included the NSL teams.?
Couldnt agree with you more. FFA Cup incorporating the state league winners as well would be great for grass root footy, tooo

"Where the f...k is Central Coast" LOL ?
I still aint worked that one out either....!! just a Suburb of Sydney, aint it?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just in case anyone is interested in going to one of the finals.

I didnt realise that if Melbourne and Adelaide finish in the top two there will definitely be a home and away in each city. So chances are there will definitely be a hell of a lot of travelling supporters this time around.

If people want to go especially those in Melbourne and Adelaide and are not members, I suggest they join the Football family.

Dear Member,

As a valued member, we would like to provide you with some important ticketing information for the Hyundai A-League 2009 Finals Series. Please take the time to review the following information provided to us by Football Federation Australia (FFA), to ensure that you do not miss out on tickets to what promises to be an exciting Finals Series.

Hyundai A-League 2009 Finals Series Match Dates

Home and Away Semi Finals
(Our Club’s exact match dates will be confirmed on 25 January 2009, once the top four teams are finalised at the conclusion of the Hyundai A-League Regular Season)

Week 1 (1st leg) - Friday 6 February or Sunday 8 February; or
Week 2 (2nd leg) - Friday 13 February or Sunday 15 February

__________________________________________________ _______________

Semi Finals
  • Exclusive Member on sale – 9am Tuesday 27 January until 9pm Wednesday 28 January local time
  • Football Family on sale – Thursday 29 January – 9am to 9pm local time
Members are entitled to purchase additional tickets within the Football Family on sale period.

Home Semi Final Ticket Prices are as follows:

Category A -
  • $55.00 Adult
  • $30.00 Concession/Child *
  • $140.00 Family (2 Adults + 2 Children)
Category B -
  • $45.00 Adult
  • $25.00 Concession/Child *
  • $115.00 Family (2 Adults + 2 Children)
Category C -
  • $30.00 Adult
  • $15.00 Concession/Child *
  • $75.00 Family (2 Adults + 2 Children)
*Concession includes Pensioner - Aged, TPI (valid ID cards) including seniors cards. Student - Full time secondary and tertiary students (valid ID required)
Child - Children 4 – 16 years inclusive (children 3 years and under will be admitted free but no seat provided)
- Ticketmaster transaction fees will apply

__________________________________________________ ______________

Preliminary Final

Saturday 21 February
  • Exclusive Member on sale - Monday 16 February – 9am to 9pm local time (please note one (1) day only.
  • Football Family on sale – Tuesday 17 February - 9am to 9pm local time

Home Preliminary Final Prices TBC

__________________________________________________ ______________

Grand Final

Saturday 28 February

Ticketing information for the Hyundai A-League 2009 Grand Final will be announced via the membership page on our website www.melbournevictory.com.au should we qualify to compete in this match.

How do you purchase tickets?

Tickets for Telstra Dome can be purchased via the following ways:
For those members with an email address registered with the club, we will send you a direct link to the ticketing website prior to the on sales for both home and away fixtures. This email could be sent as late as the Sunday prior to the Monday on sale.

To purchase tickets you will be required to provide your Victory membership barcode. If booking via the web you will be required to enter your barcode into the required field of the relevant website. If booking via the phone please provide your barcode number to the operator. To purchase via ticketing outlets you will be required to present your barcode.

Please note – To purchase family tickets during the exclusive members on sale, members MUST call Ticketmaster sportsline on 1300 136 122 or visit a Ticketmaster outlet as family tickets will not be available online during the exclusive priority period only

How many tickets are you allowed to buy?

Members are limited to purchasing one (1) ticket per membership during the exclusive member on sale period. This is to ensure all members can access a finals ticket. Members can book on behalf of one another and sit together in groups of up to sixteen (16) only. This can be done via all sales channels. Members will be required to quote all membership barcodes if booking for other members.

Please note once your barcode has been used the Ticketmaster system will not accept any further bookings on that barcode during the exclusive Member on sale period.

Don’t forget, you also have the opportunity to purchase an additional four (4) tickets per membership during the Football Family on sale period, when the member exclusive period has concluded. To do this, simply quote your membership barcode at the time of purchase. During this offer tickets will be limited to a total of four (4) tickets per transaction.

Note: Member tickets will be sold on a first in first served basis with priority of seating to go to the category held for the regular season via the Ticketmaster system.

What about away games?

As a member you will have an exclusive on sale period for all away games we feature in. Each venue will have a designated away supporter area. To buy tickets into this area you will need to make a request at the time of purchase. You will also be asked to provide your membership number when booking. (Ticket limits may vary per membership at different venues. Please ask the relevant ticketing agency for more details).

All finals ticketing information including how to purchase for away matches will be available on the membership page at www.melbournevictory.com.au.

Should we progress through the Hyundai A-League 2009 Finals Series, there may be changes to the ticketing information provided. Any changes will be published on the membership page of our website.

Thank you for your support of Melbourne Victory.

Yours sincerely,

Geoff Miles
Chief Executive Officer
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:56 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be keeping an eye on Victory this year as our friends' son (Scots who moved here over 20 years ago) just signed to them. Good luck Craig Sweeney
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by herrchook
I'll be keeping an eye on Victory this year as our friends' son (Scots who moved here over 20 years ago) just signed to them. Good luck Craig Sweeney
If you ever go to a game, you can meet the players afterwards in the Victory room. It would be great to meet him in an official function eh ?

I'm pretty sure I recall the club announcing the signing, who did he play for before ?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:08 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

If you ever go to a game, you can meet the players afterwards in the Victory room. It would be great to meet him in an official function eh ?

I'm pretty sure I recall the club announcing the signing, who did he play for before ?
eeek, I can't remember who he last played for. He spent some time last year back in Scotland trying out for Celtic but decided to come home (much to his Mum's delight lol).
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by herrchook
eeek, I can't remember who he last played for. He spent some time last year back in Scotland trying out for Celtic but decided to come home (much to his Mum's delight lol).
Just checked, he has already been playing with MV's Youth team.

Not sure what his last club was yet.