Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Smart Meter installation... Stop Sign

Wikiposts

Melbourne Smart Meter installation... Stop Sign

Old Feb 19th 2011, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melbourne Smart Meter installation... Stop Sign

I got the dreaded installation letter last week.

I heard a report on 3AW about some fellow that has put a "Stop Smart Meter installation" on his meter. I'm about to print it out and give it a go myself. May even consider leaving the dog out on the front verandah for most of next week as well.

Problem with the installation of these meters are, that the daytime tariff (7am to 8pm I think) goes from around 19cents per Kwh to 25 Cents and the off peak rate (8pm to 7am) drops to 16 cents. Something similar to those prices anyway.

Consequently I'm keen for the status quo to remain until the government enquiry into their installation is finished.

Just wonderd if anyone else is considering this action...

Heres a link to the sign... which I'm printing and sticking on my meter now.

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO...TER%20SIGN.pdf