Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Metro restrictions

Melbourne Metro restrictions

Old Oct 8th 2020, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Metro restrictions

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Meanwhile The Feds continue to keep up as in the days of the convict colony. Near impossible to leave. Only advanced Western nation to do so. Good to see Victoria getting on top of their game. Especially seeing some statesmanship at such a time. Something very under appreciated on a forum as this. Obviously errors have been made but nothing along the lines of UK or USA.

QLD's handling of the virus looks set to ensure a continuation of same government. Same in WA. Just shows that the population respects statesmanship being displayed by leaders at such a time.
Mis-information unless New Zealand isn't a western country, however I do agree, keeping the borders shut, state and international is insular.

You can leave, on your form say 3 months or longer. Easy peasy.

Bit ironic you talk negatively about international borders then applaud state borders. No surprise I guess as a Labor party member.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Mis-information unless New Zealand isn't a western country, however I do agree, keeping the borders shut, state and international is insular.

You can leave, on your form say 3 months or longer. Easy peasy.

Bit ironic you talk negatively about international borders then applaud state borders. No surprise I guess as a Labor party member.
Unlike some that appear on here I am not affiliated with any party. I consider both main parties differ little on important issues impacting this nation. All are beholden to vested interests and little if anything will stop the rot will get worse.
Not ironic. Countries in EU have closed sections and cities down. The difference being none have closed borders to leave.

Such a situation should hardly be surprising in a country with few guaranteed rights, I guess.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Unlike some that appear on here I am not affiliated with any party. I consider both main parties differ little on important issues impacting this nation. All are beholden to vested interests and little if anything will stop the rot will get worse.
Not ironic. Countries in EU have closed sections and cities down. The difference being none have closed borders to leave.

Such a situation should hardly be surprising in a country with few guaranteed rights, I guess.
So what's your stance? The EU model or the Australian model?

Obviously the EU model is not proving successful in fighting COVID and the Australian model is but there's many more facets to life than COVID.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 12:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

QLD's handling of the virus looks set to ensure a continuation of same government. Same in WA. Just shows that the population respects statesmanship being displayed by leaders at such a time.
Or it's the same old same old in that the opposition is poor. I'd happily see the back of Palaszczuk but the LNP are shite and Deb Frecklington is not someone I ever want to see in control of anything. Better the devil you know etc. Palaszczuk may have 'saved' us from COVID but it's impossible to tell what would have happened if she hadn't taken the steps she has. I think you're giving her more credit than she deserves.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Or it's the same old same old in that the opposition is poor. I'd happily see the back of Palaszczuk but the LNP are shite and Deb Frecklington is not someone I ever want to see in control of anything. Better the devil you know etc. Palaszczuk may have 'saved' us from COVID but it's impossible to tell what would have happened if she hadn't taken the steps she has. I think you're giving her more credit than she deserves.
Palaszczuk is just awful but as you rightly say, got to have some else worth voting for. I don't know why Gladys keeps getting drawn into discussion about her. If she wants to play politics with the borders and the QLD ecomomy let her. Maybe Gladys is sick and tired of being the only contributor towards jobkeeper/ seeker with Victoria off the grid.

Old Oct 9th 2020, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Deb Frecklington is not someone I ever want to see in control of anything. Better the devil you know etc.
I see Deb is not offering up anything different on the border front. Both know there's too many voting rednecks in QLD who don't get how to balance COVID and life. Indeed better the devil you know.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously the EU model is not proving successful in fighting COVID and the Australian model is but there's many more facets to life than COVID.
My stance being neither ALP nor Liberal in the run of things. If referring purely to Corona Virus then ALP State Governments have set a high bench mark.
But obviously coming from a WA state point of view somewhat colours perceptions, with this state being almost unrecognizable being in 'a crisis'.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not really. Her stance is hardly unique among the ALP states. I have no real opinion of her outside of virus management but the LNP know, historically a few things about rounding up the redneck vote. QLD, by nature, if less so than past days, tends towards conservative politics. Palaszczuk has managed to harness, by appearances all sides of the QLD divide. Or enough to matter, that will allow a retention of power.
Politics in Australia is hardly a positive experience which ever way you chose to look at it. Hardly alone on that front
Old Oct 10th 2020, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I see Deb is not offering up anything different on the border front. Both know there's too many voting rednecks in QLD who don't get how to balance COVID and life. Indeed better the devil you know.
So how about the redneck Trump supporters that agree with Trump it is only akin to a 'little cold'? Have they the correct balance?
Old Oct 10th 2020, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My stance being neither ALP nor Liberal in the run of things. If referring purely to Corona Virus then ALP State Governments have set a high bench mark.
But obviously coming from a WA state point of view somewhat colours perceptions, with this state being almost unrecognizable being in 'a crisis'.
I am not sure what you are on about.

You were complaining about Australian international borders, praising state borders, commenting on country borders in Europe and referring to cities in lockdown in Europe.

It is still not clear what your stance is?
Old Oct 10th 2020, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So how about the redneck Trump supporters that agree with Trump it is only akin to a 'little cold'? Have they the correct balance?
How about them?
Old Oct 10th 2020, 2:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not too sure (will have to check) but I think that 'redneck Trump supporters' don't get to vote in Australian State elections
Old Oct 10th 2020, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My stance is what is appearing to be the correct procedure at the moment. But with the allowance of people to leave the country at will. They must, in doing so, face the consequences, if wanting to return.
It has been commented that Australia may well be entering negative growth in population, or even a decline. First time since 1916 I believe.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm not too sure (will have to check) but I think that 'redneck Trump supporters' don't get to vote in Australian State elections
But they do in their own jurisdiction (you may need to check that as well) which was obviously what I referred to.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How about them?
So you consider they possess 'the right balance'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.