Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Meet and greet the Mods?

Meet and greet the Mods?

Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:51 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Meet and greet the Mods?

Originally Posted by Fred James
Hi

I'm Fred in Spain!

Originally from the UK (South Coast).

Retired at 50 - sailed our boat round the Mediterranean for 6 years and finally came to live in Southern Spain where we have now been for 10 years.

Built a nice house in the country and just love it here. Just the two of us and 4 cats.
Sailed around for 6 years..brill did the cats sail with you?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy BE there is a lot of you isn't there

Wasn't expecting such a HUGE response but it is nice to meet you all and read a bit about you Thanks Miss Penny for helping russle them all out of they're hidey holes.
I know you lot are mostly silent and deadly :$ and of course completely human too if not scarey at times.

I'm really disappointed there's no Sydney mod tho, or was there and when we said we're moving back they moved to another part of Australia or the world to escape me?

Have a feeling i'll be on here a lot the next few, weeks, months and years, now that hubby's signed the contract and we're back on that first step again I may even be a permanent fixture so it's good to know a bit about all the mods regardless of where they are, who knows if we went to Italy or NYC or Spain etc I might need pointing in the right direction - WTH am I talking about I always need pointing in the right direction.
It's even more relaible than FB which seems to be having a mental block at doing much lately.
Does anyone googlewave and tweetdeck ? I'm new to them and haven't a clue really how they work but they're supposed to be very good.

Nice to meet all you ODDS and MODS, anyway I must go and change my daughters smelly butt for the 10th time today, not sure how anything so gorgeous could produce so much disgusting smelly crap but there you go - roll on potty training and knickers
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:32 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I Am Loolah as apparently I'm a bit away with the fairies - but the fairies are a lovely lot so I'm quite happy.

I live in a little country made up of two islands, imaginatively called the North Island and the South Island, collectively known as New Zealand. I've heard it's a vast improvement on Old Zealand, but it still seems to be missed off most people's world maps.

I married a Kiwi and we have 4 kids. We've lived here in an area called the Bay of Plenty for just over two and a half years. It seems a better area of choice than Poverty Bay further down the East Coast.

Like Centurion I am a doberman lover. I have two of them. Rumour has it BE was going to give all Mods a doberman for their own protection, until they realised what an utterly soppy and dopey breed they were, so they stopped after me and Centurion.

Lovely to meet you all.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well, I Am Loolah as apparently I'm a bit away with the fairies - but the fairies are a lovely lot so I'm quite happy.

I live in a little country made up of two islands, imaginatively called the North Island and the South Island, collectively known as New Zealand. I've heard it's a vast improvement on Old Zealand, but it still seems to be missed off most people's world maps.

I married a Kiwi and we have 4 kids. We've lived here in an area called the Bay of Plenty for just over two and a half years. It seems a better area of choice than Poverty Bay further down the East Coast.

Like Centurion I am a doberman lover. I have two of them. Rumour has it BE was going to give all Mods a doberman for their own protection, until they realised what an utterly soppy and dopey breed they were, so they stopped after me and Centurion.

Lovely to meet you all.
My daughters nickname is lully Loola tho she's not very lovely at the moment

I will be coming to New Zealand at some point - but fear not it will be a short stop not permanent, you won't need to leave on my account LOL.
But I have to visit cause my great great grandad has a large memorial there and was fairly famous In New Zealand so i'm going to cross over at some point to check out the memorial and all the places and info family related
I'll pre warn you of course b4 we arrive lol
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

It's really great to hear from Mods from the other countries...people I've not heard of before!
Great thread Jen!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:26 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

in for a penny....

I'm Elaine and I mainly frequent the US forums. I started on BE at the time my husbands company offered him the chance to work In the US - with an all expenses paid move! Opportunity of a lifetime to try something different at someone elses expense! So I started to post to get help with the visa forms - but found the regulars to be a funny bunch and well i seemed to fit right in so im still here.

We have been living in ohio for over 2 years - and love it. Got the company to stump up for a green card application this year so we are now able to stay here as long as we wish - well at least until we can keep health insurance

I have 3 kids, 2 boys born in England and 1 daughter born 10 months ago in the US.

will that do
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MsElui
in for a penny....

I'm Elaine and I mainly frequent the US forums. I started on BE at the time my husbands company offered him the chance to work In the US - with an all expenses paid move! Opportunity of a lifetime to try something different at someone elses expense! So I started to post to get help with the visa forms - but found the regulars to be a funny bunch and well i seemed to fit right in so im still here.

We have been living in ohio for over 2 years - and love it. Got the company to stump up for a green card application this year so we are now able to stay here as long as we wish - well at least until we can keep health insurance

I have 3 kids, 2 boys born in England and 1 daughter born 10 months ago in the US.

will that do
That does lovely, I like hearing the mod stories . How's your 10 month old ? Mines a pain in the butt at the moment !

Is that all the mods ??? Everytime I think there can't be anymore i'm pleasantly surprised that more turn up and they all seem so human and likeable LMAO
Just messing, well not but not like that - i'm going before i dig myself a bigger hole
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:55 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JenJen
Are there any Sydney based mods that I can go and annoy when I arrive???
We all quit when we heard you were coming
Originally Posted by Sue
Yesterday Paul and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary.
Congrats to you both
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gedge

Congrats to you both
Hello sweetheart - how the heck are you?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

Congrats to you both
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's nice to know I have such a deep impact on ppl lol
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:17 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by willmore
Hello sweetheart - how the heck are you?
I'm doing pretty well thank you my dear. How about you? Still here I see
Originally Posted by JenJen
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's nice to know I have such a deep impact on ppl lol
Don't worry though, I'm still keeping tabs on you.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:59 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

O.K shamed into it
I'm Sean, originally from deepest darkest Lincolnshire now living at the top of the Sunshine Coast, no not Noosa but Gympie Well a bit out bush from there TBH but Gympie is the closest metro area. I've lived here for just over 7 years, running my own tiling business for over 6.
Been living with Deb for 23 years, married for 19 years, two kids 18 & 23 & two grand kids 3 & 3 months
I've used BE since 2002 though not been around much for the last few months as I'm an officer in our local RFB & the fire season has been the worst here for years. I tend to read & lurk more than I post as I now give most advice via PM.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:33 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
That was before the wedding . Here they are now:

http://blogs.asce.org/govrel/wp-cont.../old-shoes.jpg
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello from Canada!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I'm doing pretty well thank you my dear. How about you? Still here I see

Don't worry though, I'm still keeping tabs on you.
Couldnt be better, thanks for asking love. Hope you and the family are the same.

A little pm from you wouldnt go amiss you know.......just to let me know how y ou are doing.....

and yes you are right - I really do need to get a life......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.