Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Meds tomorrow - Cystitis today!! Sorry if TMI!!

Wikiposts

Meds tomorrow - Cystitis today!! Sorry if TMI!!

Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:40 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meds tomorrow - Cystitis today!! Sorry if TMI!!

Sorry if this is TMI guys but I need advice!

Well we've got our Meds tomorrow for our PR (here on 457's at the moment) and I cant believe that I've got flamin cystitis! What should I do? Should I rearrange the meds or what?? At the moment I couldnt leave the house if I wanted to but thats not my main concern - I know the chances are that it will be a lot better by tomorrow but what about when I have to give a sample for the doc to test??

Cheers

Rach xxxx
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:47 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds tomorrow - Cystitis today!! Sorry if TMI!!

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Sorry if this is TMI guys but I need advice!

Well we've got our Meds tomorrow for our PR (here on 457's at the moment) and I cant believe that I've got flamin cystitis! What should I do? Should I rearrange the meds or what?? At the moment I couldnt leave the house if I wanted to but thats not my main concern - I know the chances are that it will be a lot better by tomorrow but what about when I have to give a sample for the doc to test??

Cheers

Rach xxxx
Drink cranberry juice and water like you've never drunk before!! Drink that water by the bucket load - it will help flush things through.

If I were you, I'd still go to the meds - if you suffer from it regularly, then mention it to the Dr. If it shows up in your sample and he is concerned, then he will get your GP to test you again. (that is what I have read on here, when other ppl's sample has had something in it).

Calm down - and go drink that icky cranberry juice and water! It can't hurt

Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:51 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say the same as above - cranberry juice and loads of water.
I'd still go for the meds - if anything shows up on urine test they can just retest at a later date without you having to rebook all of the meds again.

Tracey
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:12 pm

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
I would say the same as above - cranberry juice and loads of water.
I'd still go for the meds - if anything shows up on urine test they can just retest at a later date without you having to rebook all of the meds again.

Tracey

Thanks girls! 1 1/5 litres of Cranberry juice already drunk and god knows how much water!! :scared: I look about 6 months pregnant at the moment. I used to suffer with this quite a lot but havent had it for about 2 years - can you believe the bloody timing!!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks girls! 1 1/5 litres of Cranberry juice already drunk and god knows how much water!! :scared: I look about 6 months pregnant at the moment. I used to suffer with this quite a lot but havent had it for about 2 years - can you believe the bloody timing!!
hello...ive heard its stress related as well...so try to calm down...and stay near a loo.

hope things go well for you and you feeling better soon.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:19 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

The heat of late, the stress etc can all help bring an episode on. My friend suffers so badly with it.

She even resorted to a friends recommendation of slapping natural, plain yoghurt on the area and laying down for a few hours with this goo smothered allover her nether regions! It did help take the sting away!

Don't drink too much cranberry juice though - you want to drink more wather, than cranberry - so that your pee is diluted rather than concentrated from juice.

Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
The heat of late, the stress etc can all help bring an episode on. My friend suffers so badly with it.

She even resorted to a friends recommendation of slapping natural, plain yoghurt on the area and laying down for a few hours with this goo smothered allover her nether regions! It did help take the sting away!

Don't drink too much cranberry juice though - you want to drink more wather, than cranberry - so that your pee is diluted rather than concentrated from juice.

Thanks for that. No more Cranberry Juice for me - my pee turned pink!! :scared: . Water water and more water! God us girls are soooo lucky arent we (and before anyone says it - I know that blokes can get it too but its not as common!!)
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:41 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you feeling any better yet?
Good luck for tomorrow and hope everything goes ok.

Tracey
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Are you feeling any better yet?
Good luck for tomorrow and hope everything goes ok.

Tracey

Yes starting to thanks Tracey. Gonna have a soak in the bath now with another pint of water! I'll have the water police here tomorrow asking whats been going on - we're only allowed to use excuse water on Sundays & Wednesdays!! . I'll explain that its all going back to where it came from though (in a round about sort of way!! )
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:03 pm
happy to be here!

LOL just be careful when they take your blood - with all that water you've been drinking - you might spring a leak!

Tracey
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes starting to thanks Tracey. Gonna have a soak in the bath now with another pint of water! I'll have the water police here tomorrow asking whats been going on - we're only allowed to use excuse water on Sundays & Wednesdays!! . I'll explain that its all going back to where it came from though (in a round about sort of way!! )
Oh God you do have my sympathy. I get it fairly regularly, the last time was on our reccie to WA. That horrible feeling of turning inside out when you "go" is just purgatory. You must get it sorted out in case it leads to a kidney infection - I've had a couple of these too and they really make you feel ill.

The reasoning behind drinking cranberry juice is apparently that it stops bacteria sticking to the inside of the bladder so I'd keep with it if I were you, though I don't think you need to drink pints of the stuff.

Don't think it will have much of an effect on your med ultimately though! Cystitis is hardly a drain on Australian health resources! Though constant kidney problems might be if it's not sorted out ... Hope you feel OK soon.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:45 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

So the drought is your fault then?