Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is it me or do Expat wives in WA not......

Is it me or do Expat wives in WA not......

Old Apr 25th 2009, 3:22 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it me or do Expat wives in WA not......

Originally Posted by bridie
I assume you're talking about paid work rather than work...

after all, who looks after the kids, makes sure they get to school etc on time, does the housework, probably does the majority of the cooking etc etc etc....
couldn't have said it better myself
Old Apr 25th 2009, 3:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Yes I am one of those wives.My husband doesnt allow me to work.I am not even allowed to clean the house ,do the shopping or care for two children.Everyday he gives me $20 dollars to go to the Dome for coffee.It really is hell.

Gosh that was a nice dream.
$20? Tightarse! I'd get a raise if I were you
Old Apr 25th 2009, 4:54 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
$20? Tightarse! I'd get a raise if I were you

I'm also an Expat Wife in WA

and work full time outside of the home...earning a wage

as well as working full time inside the home.....without earning a wage....i think they say 'you do it for love'?????

Sorry Pen...there's those double line spacings again

Last edited by Sam; Apr 25th 2009 at 4:54 am. Reason: for Pen
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:00 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the feedback, some are certainkly a bit excited justifying themselves..was a simple question.

Something we have debated , but to go to one income in such expensive times is just not affordable unfortunately swings in roundabouts i say.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

iam an expat wife in counrty wa.always worked with 3 children.worked as nurse 4 nights a week and did alternate weekends at retirement village at one point.kids all adults now,had to give up work last year due to heart problems.at home on my own and bored shitless!! hate having to ask for money when always used to having my own.feel i have to justify what the money is for,oh never says no or anything but that feeling of independance etc no longer exists.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:05 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Seasider
However one does soon get used to having nothing more stressful to think about than one's outfit for post-gym and post-massage lunch with the Ladies, that's also suitable for a touch of light shopping and adjourning to somebody's poolside to drink gin or bubbly ...
That sounds just like my ideal day.... not sure my wife would let me though....

With the amount I already get away with, I think I would be pushing it.....

Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:10 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...somebody please remind me why we moved here and I got a job.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Is it me or do all the expats I meet in Perth not allow their wives to work.

I have never so many brits in my life whose wives or GF's hang around at home and do the coffee club lunch thing.....

Just an observation...
Not just WA. There are the habitually work-shy and feckless over this side also . . .
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:44 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it most people would love to be able to afford not to have to work. Even the majority of those who like work would love to be able to afford to at least do something that would keep them busy if they didn't have to but this also takes money.

Good on anyone who can afford not to work

I'm jealous

Naaa....working keep me outta bother
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Let's face it most people would love to be able to afford not to have to work. Even the majority of those who like work would love to be able to afford to at least do something that would keep them busy if they didn't have to but this also takes money.

Good on anyone who can afford not to work

I'm jealous

Naaa....working keep me outta bother
I rest my case . . .
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spartacus
I rest my case . . .
I agree, I'm sure most of us, given half the chance (and a big bank balance) would love to do the coffee thing. I was a lady who lunches for 5 months but unfortunatley without the bank balance, I (like many others) just couldn't get a job. I really miss meeting up with the girls, it was a great way to meet people and start forming a support network that we all need when we move here. Many of the people I met up with either had young children to look after or/and part time jobs and so were able to meet up for coffee, I'm sure they wouldn't consider themselves ladies who lunch - it sounds so WAG!

I think "not being allowed" is quite old fashioned and I'm sure if you ask these ladies, that this isn't the case at all. I would get on my high horse if my OH didn't allow me to do anything (even if I didn't want to do it anyway) and make sure I did it

M
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:21 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Yes I am one of those wives.My husband doesnt allow me to work.I am not even allowed to clean the house ,do the shopping or care for two children.Everyday he gives me $20 dollars to go to the Dome for coffee.It really is hell.

Gosh that was a nice dream.
Hahahaha - you poor girl
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:34 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

............. take it from behind?
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:38 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
............. take it from behind?
They're obviously weird then!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:38 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
They're obviously weird then!
I'm listening......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.