Me and the Barbie

Old Dec 10th 2014, 4:51 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and the Barbie

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Just enjoy the site for what it is. Some days I hate it and some days I have a great laugh.

Most of the Oz lot seem OK.

MBTTUK tends to have an older demographic which neither of us is quite ready for
Really like this site and get on well with 90 odd % of the people on it and usually have a good laugh.
Yes the MBTTUK is good but as you say a little older lol
Old Dec 10th 2014, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't live in Oz at the moment, but have for nearly half of my life, amongst other places. I don't have any issue posting here or in any other of the forums and don't see an issue with anyone else doing the same.

I had one mental giant suggesting to me a couple of years ago that I shouldnt post in the MBTTUK forum because I was "moving back to Oz anyway" they aren't around any more. ( no I didn't have them whacked)

This is the only non endurance sport forum I am on. Sometimes we can get so heavily invested in this stuff that we see ourselves as either the hammer or the nail on any given day. I see this happening on my other forums, but it's not a pleasant way to pass the time IMO.

It's a bit tedious to see some on here perpetually turn everything into a light that only shines good things on Oz, when the truth is far from that. And it's sad to see some on the MBTTUK forum posting with scant regard for the reality of reverse culture shock.

I try and have a good time wherever I am. I find the forum handy for keeping up with things in Oz, but in reality, I have so many amazing friends over such a long time in Oz via the endurance sport 'family', I can always find out what I need to from them.

I'd say keep posting Chris, but dont emotionally invest in this, it doesn't pay the rent, and that goes for all the Godzoners as well, nobody pays you to convince people one country is better than another, in the end it matters little.

Help others help themselves having said that, for me, by far the most disappointing thing about the Oz forum is the amount of help people get from the citizenship and immigration forum and then never bother posting in any of the the other forums. It's sad to see people taking without giving, and yes, people from India and Pakistan, I'm talking to you ( mostly).

Last edited by Tr1boy; Dec 10th 2014 at 6:51 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Just enjoy the site for what it is. Some days I hate it and some days I have a great laugh.

Most of the Oz lot seem OK.

MBTTUK tends to have an older demographic which neither of us is quite ready for
Spare a thought for me. I am 49 yrs old and have a 11mth old baby. Next year I can post in the 'over 50s' thread whilst at the same time checking out toddler groups and finding out that a Gro Bag is f*** all to do with gardening

We had a brochure through the door the other day telling us that one of the upmarket retirement villages is taking people 50 and over now, it said, and I quote ' your grandchildren will want to stay all day', uuugh
Old Dec 10th 2014, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Spare a thought for me. I am 49 yrs old and have a 11mth old baby. Next year I can post in the 'over 50s' thread whilst at the same time checking out toddler groups and finding out that a Gro Bag is f*** all to do with gardening

We had a brochure through the door the other day telling us that one of the upmarket retirement villages is taking people 50 and over now, it said, and I quote ' your grandchildren will want to stay all day', uuugh
Ha ha that's cool

TMI but the practice nurse was telling me she had another patient who unintentionally conceived aged 54 so I'll just say I hope I don't beat your record.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 6:33 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
This is why I don't understand what is happening with me, not the tossers making complaints about me as I suspect I complain about them as well lol
Maybe they complain about me as well, jumping into forums or conversations that aren't "really mine" but, when and if they see that I'm a mod, it might stop them. I don't know.

Maybe they just don't like you as much as me Perhaps you just don't come across as being half as nice as I do, supportive, understanding, fun to be with and as bloody lovely as I do. Could that be it?

I have no idea who you are ...... this is just another example of me butting in when and where I feel drawn to a thread.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Maybe they complain about me as well, jumping into forums or conversations that aren't "really mine" but, when and if they see that I'm a mod, it might stop them. I don't know.

Maybe they just don't like you as much as me Perhaps you just don't come across as being half as nice as I do, supportive, understanding, fun to be with and as bloody lovely as I do. Could that be it?

I have no idea who you are ...... this is just another example of me butting in when and where I feel drawn to a thread.
You're not in the 'drop bear' poll
Old Dec 10th 2014, 6:50 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

You're not in the 'drop bear' poll
Not sure I've ever been in any poll. Maybe nobody really likes me and they all just pretend coz they know I can ban them?
Old Dec 10th 2014, 6:52 pm

Do you like me Sally?

Say yes or else ....................
Old Dec 10th 2014, 7:00 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Really like this site and get on well with 90 odd % of the people on it and usually have a good laugh.
Yes the MBTTUK is good but as you say a little older lol
Chris, don't rise to the bait, or rather sink to their level, think before you post, as some involved start out to get your hackles up.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 7:24 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I've ever been in any poll. Maybe nobody really likes me and they all just pretend coz they know I can ban them?
No reference to anyone specific intended, but yes there's lot's of false people who will only be nice to you while you're a mod. Watch adorations rise and wane according to member/mod/admin status.

Last edited by paulry; Dec 10th 2014 at 7:26 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you like me Sally?

Say yes or else ....................
Yes...
Old Dec 10th 2014, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you post here or anywhere public on the internet, you open yourself up to responses, good, bad and ugly. There are rules here which allow you to report a poster that you think goes too far. That's probably the best approach rather than sending a PM to the user as that just adds fuel.

I've not taken the above advice many times on here but at the end of the day, this is not damaging to your personal or work life and so it makes no sense to take any of it seriously. People will disagree with you and you will disagree with them.

In my opinion Chris, I think some people may have an issue with your type of posts that seem to be heavily against Australia. There are others who are more one side than the other on many things on here and that can make 'conversation' difficult. There are posters on here who seem to be well balanced (I am not claiming to be one) but the negative ones (maybe I'm one of those at times) do tend to collect the road kill of posts making their experience here worse than it could be.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Chris what are you looking for in this post? You say its not sympathy but you are lapping it up all the same. Is it advice on how to get along with the forum better? It seems to be what people are offering.

Well firstly, I actually enjoy your posts. If not you would be on ignore. You come across as a nice fella (I'm not sure if this is the mode you take when you get yourself in trouble) but then rise quite savagely when people react to your inflamitory posts. And there's a lot that do. Probably far more than the 10 percent you estimate.

Perhaps you need to think before you post. Wherever you choose to live is your call but there's no need to treat it like a football team mentality. Remember this is a British Expat site and this forum is Australia so people have spent thousands of dollars, hours of time, upset family and the like to be in Australia. Discouraging people to move with a few cheeky white lies is not clever. You also need to take responsibility for what you post. Back pedalling and hiding behind others after you drop a bomb gets peoples backs up. Also you do have a tendancy to participate in posts where certain posters are, dropping a few cheeky's in order to spark a situation. Also perhaps participate in a few other topics. I'm sure you have a lot to offer in other areas too.

If advice is what you are after then that's it. I'm sure you have some advice for me too.

Carry on sir.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 8:31 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
'Removes Mods hat'

I don't live in the UK, but I post in MBTTUK.
I posted in the Aus forum before I moved here (rather more positively than I do now )

Personally I think as long as one abides by the rules of the forum as a whole, one can post wherever one likes.
Absolutely, why deprive the rest of the world the opportunity to have a laugh at your expense?
Old Dec 10th 2014, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey you're on the biggest drinker poll!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.