MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Old May 10th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice
Default Re: MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Well done Candy Groove and Broome Chick! Welcome Wendy and Colin, to expats, we actually live further south, now, but OH was originally from Devon. Sister-in-law lives in Weston, although she still doesn't know about Aus. yet!!!!!!!!! Regards Lin
Old May 11th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CYGNET
The Form 80 is on this check list. It is not the police check form

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener..._checklist.pdf.
But that check list is for the paper forms. You might have seen that there are differences in the paper Visa and the online visa. ?

Originally Posted by Candy Groove
It's a total mare to fill out Doc but from what I've read on here (I use the search thing a lot LOL!) you really do need to add it.

The worst bit is putting in all your travel for 10 years

Originally Posted by memewest
I shall be doing form 80....it is a little different than the actual visa form.....

because my OH is the main applicant, the visa form was all about him and his family, ie parents, siblings, children.......the form 80 is for all applicants over the age of 16 i think.....
Originally Posted by funkydelia
I know everyone's different and some people are trying to minimise any hold ups by front loading etc but my thoughts are these (for what they're worth!)

If I have sent everything they've asked for on the checklist and they need additional information they'll ask for it and I'll send it. Form 80 wasn't on the list and neither was a signed copy of the values statement. If they need them its no problem but I'm sure they'll ask.

Mind you, I'm quite willing to take a bit of time over this!!
I'm with you Delia - it's not on my checklist (electronic/online) Visa checklist. I don't know how they can ask it later. The PCCs and the Meds are on the checklist.

I just know that there are some differences from paperbased and online applications. Maybe this is one of those.

Allow me to introduce myself, we lodged our 175 in April. OH is the main applicant. I did all the uploading, etc. We did us an agent to review the RPL before sending to ACS. That was a relief.
Old May 11th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Milley will become famous soon enough

I'm a May 2008 - to be applicant. Trying to submit our online applicatin but I'm having a couple of hiccups

The biggest problem I have is that I can't add my spouse's details!!! It keeps on resetting back to my contact details! Don't know what's wrong. I add his details and then I click on save, but when I go back it is back to my contact details (specifically the telephone numbers!).

And another question I have is on the Applicant educational qualifications. It asks the following:
Please provide details of Australian and/or overseas post-secondary qualifications.

Does this include the degree I obtained from in my country of residence as well?

Thanks for your help and goodluck to all!
Old May 11th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Milley
I'm a May 2008 - to be applicant. Trying to submit our online applicatin but I'm having a couple of hiccups

The biggest problem I have is that I can't add my spouse's details!!! It keeps on resetting back to my contact details! Don't know what's wrong. I add his details and then I click on save, but when I go back it is back to my contact details (specifically the telephone numbers!).

And another question I have is on the Applicant educational qualifications. It asks the following:
Please provide details of Australian and/or overseas post-secondary qualifications.

Does this include the degree I obtained from in my country of residence as well?

Sorry i cant really help you with the spouse issue but im sure some one will

Just thought i would welcome you and all the others who have joined the MAY thread.

Good luck to all!!

Has anyone decided if the form 80 is required then?

doc
Old May 11th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by home alone
Come on you May applicants, are there any yet?

I hope very much to be one!!!!!!!!! Lin
Hi all we just sent off for our skilled visa. really excited

not told the kids yet i got three of them 2,9,10
how did anyone else go with there kids were they ok
Old May 11th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carl England

hi and welcome to BE

i havent told my kids, but thats 'cos i aint got none

enjoy the ride and if any of us can help we will

doc
Old May 12th 2008, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Hi Carl -

I have 4 children, 1, 5, 7, 10 (11 in June). The 10 year old was the most reticent at first. She is going to miss her friends. But she's on board now. The others are all excited about the prospect of moving to Australia from the start. They don't understand the timeline fully - we have months and the 5 and probably 7 year old think in terms of days - but they're on board with it.

The 7 year old and I learned the "Come to Australia" song, which frightened the 5 year old to that point where she was thinking it would be better to be left behind. So we stopped singing that.

We rented a lot of videos (national geographic type) from the library about Australia. Also travel books. They got into the feel of it right away.

Good luck!
Old May 12th 2008, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

We know what you are going through, with the children. Our grandsons were 8 and 10, when they moved 2 years ago, it was a bit like a roller coaster, sometimes ok, and others rough going, leaving school and all their friends, including football and judo clubs! When they arrived, it helped that, they had cousins living near, (although because of the miles apart, didn't really know them, 'like mates' if you understand!), but were a bit withdrawn at times, daughter enrolled them into a weekend sports activity club, everyone was so friendly, and helpful, but the boys didn't appear to want to join in?

After a year, they have settled into school brilliantly, receiving high marks, and are members, of the school football teams, etc; etc; (It would be them, that now say, they would never want to return!!!!!!!!!) So, that is why we are going, hopefully, out to them. Regards Lin
Old May 13th 2008, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Milley

Hi Milley. When I did my application it kept 'remembering' stuff I'd saved earlier so I just came out of it all together and started again and it was fine. No idea why

Overseas post secondary qualifications are those from anywhere outside of Australia so yep that would be right for your degree.

Hi Carl

We told our kids (12 & 13) the day we arrived back from our reccie trip when we had tons of guilty parent gifts LOL! Funnily enough they were totally fine with going.

We've moved around a lot so they are used to changing schools and friends and knew that they would make new friends easily. They're excited about their new lives and we watch loads of travel programmes about Australia to get ideas of stuff to do when we get there
Old May 13th 2008, 6:43 am
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

Our little guy is almost 3 so timelines mean nothing!!

To be honest I'm worried about thefirst little while after (if) we get there. He is currently looked after by my m-i-l and my brother's partner while I'm at work and will miss them hugely in the day to day routine of his life.

We haven't told anyone yet. Going to wait until we get the visa I think. My husband works for my dad and we're not sure how he will react.

I just bury my head and try not to think about this bit!!
Old May 13th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by funkydelia
Our little guy is almost 3 so timelines mean nothing!!

To be honest I'm worried about thefirst little while after (if) we get there. He is currently looked after by my m-i-l and my brother's partner while I'm at work and will miss them hugely in the day to day routine of his life.

We haven't told anyone yet. Going to wait until we get the visa I think. My husband works for my dad and we're not sure how he will react.

I just bury my head and try not to think about this bit!!
Wow, you guys will really be "going it alone" when you move to Australia. Do you have any family in Australia at all? It seems like you rely on family quite a bit.

We live far from our parents/siblings and have had to do things on our own. Even when I've been in labor, we've had no parents or siblings come to help with the older child(ren) - done this 3 times. It can be very difficult. When I look at our neighbor, where grandma comes to care for the children - even school aged during the school breaks - and the love and support they offer their children, have to say I'm envious sometimes.
Old May 13th 2008, 11:12 am

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Just lodged an online 176 today, so I guess I get to join this thread.
Old May 13th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All.....

Have had a lovely weekend away with the OH and Kids, only camping but was just the job!!!

Am now re-energised and relaxed, ready for the next step.....

Have had a few posts to read, you lot have been a little busy....

Welcome Schwuk.......great feeling to have finally submitted!!

Hey Carl, I have 4 children, 19, 17, 7 and 5.....have told all 4 of them, though only the younger 2 coming with us.....they are sooo excited about going....which was a fantastic relief to us as didn't think Elizabeth, 7yr old, was too happy when we had mentioned it before...

my oldest 2 are absolutely fine with 'Mum' leaving them behind (ooh, and i am a Grandma of 9weeks now!!).....they both have left home now and are getting on with their own lives with no thought to what i'm doing...(if you know what i mean) not meant in a horrible way..

Hi Wendy.....we're from the south....used to go to weston on hols when younger.....we had a static caravan at Brean back in the late 70's early 80's....We're now on the Devon/Somerset Border, 16miles from Minehead......
Can you PM me about the meet in Weston?? Hopefully we haven't missed it....have been looking out for a meet-up down this way....

Hi Tiger.....How's things going so far?? Tony's not heard from ACS yet, would hate having to wait that long, considering he sent his off a week before us.....

To anyone else that i've missed out.....SORRY..... and i hope everything is going swimmingly....
Old May 13th 2008, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

HI!

I am a may-be too

had my xrays today so its just a waiting game now!
Old May 13th 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sharonm5
HI!

I am a may-be too

had my xrays today so its just a waiting game now!

WOW.....Hi Sharon......

Thought i was organised, but not as organised as you!! have you done your police checks as well?? and when did you submit??

Welcome to the thread!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.