MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by memewest

It's just like being pregnant, nearly due, and when you venture out, you lose count of how many people say to you, "oh, you haven't had it yet then?"
When I was pregnant with the 1st one, I used to get cat calls from across the room as I'd walk into work "You still here?" I hated going to work in the morning!! I would take vacation days on Fridays and pray that I didn't have to go back. 8 years later, I STILL cringe at the thought

ALL my babies were 10 days "late" - but I wasn't working with the younger ones. Don't get me started on how the health care system puts us all into the same kettle - even though we have different cycle lengths and I had EXACT conception dates!

When I get questioned about going to Australia - because I gave up all my manager responsibilities last fall using this as the reason - I just say "Still waiting on the VISA" and leave it at that.

What I'll do once we have the VISA, I don't know....
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Well our flights are now booked. We leave on Monday October 20th and fly from Toronto to London with BA. Then we leave on October 21st from London to Singapore on Qantas and then from Singapore to Perth again with Qantas.

Total cost for the four of us was $6997, less than 3500 pounds. Not too bad I think.

So now I have the flights booked, just need to get some accomodation fixed. Have a lead on a B & B, which we might use until we can get the long term rental. Was thinking about short term furnished rental, but if I can save some money I will. They want about $750.00 a week for the furnished rental and I can get an unfurnished for about $450.00, so I think I will save the $300.00 a week and use it to buy furniture which we would need anyway.

Well I have sat at work all day and not wanted to be here. Gave my official notice today, last day of work is September 26th. They knew I was leaving I gave them an informal notice back in August. They didn't want me to go, my boss said if we pay you $150,000.00 a year would you stay (she was joking), I told her no.

Well it has been a long and draining day and now I have an hour's drive to look forward to. Will be glad to get some proper rest tonight. Last night I only got about 4 hours sleep if I was lucky.

Take care my fellow maybes.... fingers crossed for you all.

Karen
Hi Karen,

I have details of someone who we rented a property from in May - she has 19 properties in Perth and we had a 3 bed 2 bath furnished house for $550 per week if that's anything to go by! I think a lot of them give a reduction for long term rental too. PM me if you want any further info.

Mel
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Hey Guys.... *waves*

Has anyone had their meds done in the south west?? and whats the cheapest/dearest anyone has paid for a family of 4 so that i won't think we're being ripped off!!

Really excited today!!!
Hi Memewest,

We are having our meds done on Thurs in Bristol, I did a lot of ringing around and found that the costs differ considerably. Ours are £600 all in - x-rays and blood tests and there's 5 of us - only 3 x-rays and 2 bloods though. Where about are you and how far are you prepared to travel? We're travelling about 35 miles to get ours done as it's cheaper to travel than to book in 3 miles away!!

Mel
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

You'll never believe!!

June Apps have had their first Visa today!!!

But they haven't finished with May yet.......
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by melbert
Hi Memewest,

We are having our meds done on Thurs in Bristol, I did a lot of ringing around and found that the costs differ considerably. Ours are £600 all in - x-rays and blood tests and there's 5 of us - only 3 x-rays and 2 bloods though. Where about are you and how far are you prepared to travel? We're travelling about 35 miles to get ours done as it's cheaper to travel than to book in 3 miles away!!

Mel
Hiya Mel,

Cheers for that! Bristol's just over an hour from us up the M5, would prefer to go there and save money!! Taunton quoted me £800+, thats 2 adults and 2 children under 10. am looking for somewhere we can have meds and xrays done all in the same day/place, saves getting time off work twice...
Haven't looked at the Bristol ones yet but i guess there are quite a few to choose from, which one are you using, and let us know how you get on??

Good Luck for Thursday.......
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

You'll never believe!!

June Apps have had their first Visa today!!!

But they haven't finished with May yet.......

Sorry, guys - I'll try send some of our good luck charm to all you May/June Apps (and April, and March, and February etc., etc.,).

Kat xx
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Huggkat
[/B]

Sorry, guys - I'll try send some of our good luck charm to all you May/June Apps (and April, and March, and February etc., etc.,).

Kat xx

Don't be sorry Kat........be ELATED, ESTATIC, OVERJOYED, ORGASMIC, but not sorry....

Oh, and we'll have some of your good luck if your offering!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

Don't be sorry Kat........be ELATED, ESTATIC, OVERJOYED, ORGASMIC, but not sorry....

Oh, and we'll have some of your good luck if your offering!!

Of course - sending it through thoughtmail for you now.

I'm still in shock - not sure what to do now - meal out, lots to drink tonight then clear head in the morning!!

I keep looking on the status page to make sure I'm not dreaming - haven't been to bed at all today from my night shift so could be hallucinating.

Seriously though, good luck to all you still waiting, I'll be keeping an eye on here for updates.

Kat xx
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Huggkat
[/B]

Kat xx
How about just sending your CO to my file! That will be all the LUCK I need!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Okay here are the bets so far for the first May visa......

Becky723359 - September 19th
Stellaman - September 23rd
freetobe - September 24th
Cygnet - September 25th
Candy Grove - September 26th
RedT - December 12th (really long shot lol) - Revised to September 27th
WlksW - September 28th
Lazylou123 - October 17th - Revised to September 29th
Tiger222 - September 30th
TinaandChris - October 2nd
Twinsmom - October 3rd
memewest - October 6th
Hawkwind - October 10th
Witchypoo - October 18th
xzibit - October 22nd

Anyone else up for a wager ???

NONE of our bets apply for the first JUNE applicant either!!!
I guess we just don't know the speed of the DIAC on a ROLL!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya Mel,

Cheers for that! Bristol's just over an hour from us up the M5, would prefer to go there and save money!! Taunton quoted me £800+, thats 2 adults and 2 children under 10. am looking for somewhere we can have meds and xrays done all in the same day/place, saves getting time off work twice...
Haven't looked at the Bristol ones yet but i guess there are quite a few to choose from, which one are you using, and let us know how you get on??

Good Luck for Thursday.......
We're going to Southville surgery, can't do x-rays and meds on the same day though, the x-rays have to be sent off in advance of your medical appointment. Still, it's probably cheaper to do 2 trips or get your x-rays done locally and have them sent to Bristol. It's £110 per medical for adults, £55 for my 13 year old, £40 for the two little ones - 3 and 2 years old. Our blood tests will be about £25 each (just me and Hubby) and our x-rays were done at Glos hospital and they were £65 each plus £10 to send them to the Bristol doctor. All in all, £600, so I thought that was pretty good!! Your 2 under 10 won't need the x-rays so they are quoting you a huge amount!

Thanks for the luck, I'm v. nervous (and that's putting it extremely politely!!!)

Will let you know how it goes!!

Mel
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

jmoseley will become famous soon enough

Good luck to the June applicant who had their visa, I want that CO!!!
Wish things would push along for us as we want to make plans.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:52 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, June visas already? Maybe they've forgotten the May people hehe!

I don't know which will be more frustrating, actually waiting for the visa or knowing that once we have it (!) that we can't move for two years! Suppose we can amuse ourselves booking our validation trip and selling everything we own in preparation?!

Tx

congrats to the June visa btw
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Can you believe this!!!

I went to my doc's last monday and requested the information i need to fill in our med forms, they said they have to ask the doctor first out of courtesy....thats fine...
I had to return on thursday, and they said the doc hadn't replied as to whether i was allowed the info, and could i give it a few more days....ok....

So i call this morning, and the receptionist tells me that the doc had left a note saying...

"just to fill in the form to the best of my ability"........WTF....

So i told the receptionist that the Australian Immigration Dept won't accept the best of my ability, they want actual facts and dates.....
Her reply??
Well, while i'm on the phone to you i'm stopping someone else making an emergency appointment!! WTF...:curse:

So my plan of action is to take the forms into the surgery tomorrow and i will STAY THERE until i have exactly what i need.....

Blinking Heck.....what a todo just to get information that i'm entitled to have anyway!!!

Am bloody mad at the moment....
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Well I got the official Grant Email this morning. It has our case officer's name on it, though we never from him/her during the whole process.

I just sent our passports off yesterday to Ottawa, so will fax down the letter to accompany our passports today.

Only 8 1/2 days left of work... can't believe it.

Can't believe a June applicant got their visa already. Holy smokes what is going on with DIAC.

My very best wishes to all my Maybe applicants. I look forward to seeing your posts of I've got the visa.

Take care

Karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.