MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice
Default Re: MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by stellaman
Good evening all

Well it is nice to see people are settling into their new lives and enjoying it!

We are going to be heading out to Perth early 2010 but need to validate by Oct 15th - Leaving it until last min as we have booked flights to stay in Perth for a MONTH!! Leave on the 7th Oct! It is quite mad as its only 12 weeks to go and when we come back it will be only 5 weeks to xmas Got family to stay with out there and they have a pool - 5 mins from beach in Freemantle

Loving the whole Oz thing still though - we all cannot wait to go now. Just saving the extra pennies as we are not selling the house here in the UK right away now!

I still thinking if all will be OK with getting into Oz - we all have the stickers in our passports so all should be good

Speak to all soon!

P.S - better be sunny in Oct

Hey Stellaman,

You will love it here in October. We landed here last October and it was nice and warm, had a bit of rain, but it will be spring. Jeez to believe that I will have been here a year when you come out for your validation, where the hell does the time go.

Things are picking up a bit here work wise, so hopefully when you move over in 2010 you won't have any trouble finding a job.

Take care

Karen
Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Hey Stellaman,

You will love it here in October. We landed here last October and it was nice and warm, had a bit of rain, but it will be spring. Jeez to believe that I will have been here a year when you come out for your validation, where the hell does the time go.

Things are picking up a bit here work wise, so hopefully when you move over in 2010 you won't have any trouble finding a job.

Take care

Karen

Thanks for the "nice and warm" comment. The OH would like to have some beach time as we have not had a hol all year! 7th Oct will be a cracking month off work!

Would be nice to find a job out there and not come back
Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by memewest
Now then XZ!! looking forward to being poked!!

Lil wrote to me last sometime in June, travelling around the world enjoying herself, ending up in Sydney i think.... sounds like she's having a fab time.

I think we'll end up putting the house on the market march/april next year... we validated in May this year, and brought a little addition back with us, though this isn't common knowledge yet! Prob is now!!

I love coming on here, keeping in touch. I hated coming back from Oz. Really didn't like them stamping 'Departed from Australia' in my passport.
It was nice to come home to our house, familiarity, but my heart belongs in Oz and we'll get there.... you and me both!! xx

Woohooo Congratulations, I sort of guessed lol xx the very best of luck to you both and my house may still be on the market when you put yours on lol take care and its great news
Old Sep 17th 2009, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

Going to Oz soon to Validate - Talk about leave it last minute!!

Q: If we all go and validate and then all come back. Can my OH and kids go back on their own without me to live - even though I am the skilled migrant?

I think it is ok but just want to know.. we are all looking to go full monty early next year but may have to be a month or two behind them!!

anyone can confirm this?

Ta
Stella
Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Hi there!

Yes, as long as you've validated first or with them, they can go back before you, they could even stay if you wanted to go back as far as I know.

Enjoy your trip!

Mel
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Hey Stellaman,

Take care

Karen
wow Karen, great to see you post! I'm glad things are going so well for you over there.

We're back in the USA - had to come back after loving it there - because the real estate isn't sold, yet. We'll get it done and return again in 2010. I hope to at least visit Perth at some point. Keep in touch!

Catherine
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xzibit
Whooo! Congratualtions?!!?

We can have a race to see who's house sells first. Hopefully by spring time the market will have picked up!

I'm still looking forward to Uluru!!!

I was so depressed on the flight back from oz after validating. I could have quite easily stayed out there, but it would have been too much hassle to sort everything out, and would have had to rely on family to do most of it. Nevermind, we'll definately get there.
XZ, count me in on that real estate sale race! We are planning to put our house on the market in March/April. Things really slowed up here between May and July. I had several hits to ads I put up in May - but nothing to similar ads in July. We'll all get it sorted and be in OZ in 2010!!

It was great meeting Meme in OZ! I really enjoyed having someone "familiar" to have over for coffee. Took her to my kids school - and a walk along the beach!

I can relate to your statement, XZ, we thought about how we could stay on and have someone else deal with things here - but too much hassle to sort everything out. So we're doing it ourselves - the way it should be.

We've got a long winter ahead of us, let's keep in touch and keep our spirits up!

Have a great time on your validation trip, Stellman!

Catherine
Old Sep 21st 2009, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

Going to Oz soon to Validate - Talk about leave it last minute!!

Q: If we all go and validate and then all come back. Can my OH and kids go back on their own without me to live - even though I am the skilled migrant?

I think it is ok but just want to know.. we are all looking to go full monty early next year but may have to be a month or two behind them!!

anyone can confirm this?

Ta
Stella
Hi,

The answer to your question is yes - from personal experience. We did exactly the same thing, my husband was the main visa applicant, we validated last November on holiday, then I returned in April this year to start work and he followed me in June with no problems.

Good luck.

Kat xx
Old Oct 25th 2009, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Escaussie is an unknown quantity at this point

How are you all May 2008 applicants? We are here already in the beautiful city of Brisvegas since August 2009. My family loves it and we a re all having fun, hope to see you guys here downunder soon...

Last edited by Escaussie; Oct 25th 2009 at 11:04 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Escaussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys....
We are enjoying life here in Logan City, Queensland...

Last edited by Escaussie; Jan 2nd 2010 at 1:34 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 6:36 am
Just Joined

heading_down_under will become famous soon enoughheading_down_under will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

I am new to this forun. First of all, Merry Christmas and Very happy new year to all.

Even though a little late, i wanted to share my time lines:
Visa: GSM 175
Application type: Online
Application Date: 31-May2009
Acknowledgment: 02-Jun-2009
Application Processed further: 23-Oct-2009
CO Assigned (PCC, Meds, and Form 80 Requested): 28-Oct-2009
Medicals uploaded: 04-Nov-2009
Further medical results referred: 12-Nov-2009
Health requirements finalised: 19-Nov-2009
PCC uploaded: 20-Nov-2009
VISA Granted on 23-Nov-2009

Cheers!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heading_down_under
Hi All,

I am new to this forun. First of all, Merry Christmas and Very happy new year to all.

Even though a little late, i wanted to share my time lines:
Visa: GSM 175
Application type: Online
Application Date: 31-May2009
Acknowledgment: 02-Jun-2009
Application Processed further: 23-Oct-2009
CO Assigned (PCC, Meds, and Form 80 Requested): 28-Oct-2009
Medicals uploaded: 04-Nov-2009
Further medical results referred: 12-Nov-2009
Health requirements finalised: 19-Nov-2009
PCC uploaded: 20-Nov-2009
VISA Granted on 23-Nov-2009

Cheers!
Hi - Nice timeline but just FYI this is a 2008 applicant thread. Your timeline is probably more relevant if you post in the following years thread!

Happy new Year anyway
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Merry Christmas to all Maybes from 2008!!!

2010 is when we will be flying out to Perth (hopefully within 8 weeks) The dog is booked to fly on the 19th January

Will keep you all posted
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy New Year to all MAYBES from 2008

been in Ipswich , Qld for 8 months now and are loving it

anyone heading this way let us know and we'll try to to meet up

Louisa
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:08 am
Just Joined

heading_down_under will become famous soon enoughheading_down_under will become famous soon enough

Hi - Nice timeline but just FYI this is a 2008 applicant thread. Your timeline is probably more relevant if you post in the following years thread!

Happy new Year anyway
Thanks stellaman ... will post it on the other thread ...

Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.