Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Massive suburban underground rail project proposal for Melbourne.

Massive suburban underground rail project proposal for Melbourne.

Old Sep 4th 2018, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Massive suburban underground rail project proposal for Melbourne.

Originally Posted by the troubadour
So Bangkok or Thailand, is not on your list of 'arm pit' cities or countries in Asia. How quaint. Congestion in that city, has grown tremendously since I first arrived there as a late teen's back packer. Sydney is experiencing congestion on a massive scale, obviously not to BKK limits but the signs are there. Crash loading infrastructure with multiples of people, then attempting to play catch up, is not the best way to go about things. Anyway a 'happy ending' on the matter with you enjoying BKK.
I came into the city this morning. My bus had a seat waiting for me, so did my train. Bus route has no congestion. Certainly beats waiting in traffic at the top end of St George's Terrace.

I think you need to do your research a little better.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
On the flipside the will be a clause of payment if the contract holds to the schedule. No finish on time, no pay. Taxpayer wins there.

Perhaps we should install a Labor government where nothing gets built because there may be a claim. Jobs disappear, money stops circulating, can't build any new places to live. Yep that sounds like a real winner.

Your thought process is unbelievable.
Flipside? A lot of improbable outcomes. Just watch how much the tax payer gets lumbered with. Not that I'm against infrastructure. Just go through the proper tender process, in the first place. But the big one, don't over load cities before at least part of said infrastructure is in place. Playing catch up is not the best way of doing things. Sydney is decades behind.

What are you talking about? ALP is all for continued population overload. They tend to be more in favour of public transport as well. Although the way Sydney has gone, I suspect no one can afford not to be partially so. Roads alone, will hardly be enough. Do you have a thought process? Never noticed. Always seem to be the same few lines, taken straight of the Coalition manifesto.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I came into the city this morning. My bus had a seat waiting for me, so did my train. Bus route has no congestion. Certainly beats waiting in traffic at the top end of St George's Terrace.

I think you need to do your research a little better.
Perth a ghost city in comparison. Perhaps your research will catch up with the reality of falling Sydney house prices and ever lasting good times severely being challenged?
Old Sep 4th 2018, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Perth a ghost city in comparison. Perhaps your research will catch up with the reality of falling Sydney house prices and ever lasting good times severely being challenged?
Its so sad that the above excites you. Classic tall poppy syndrome. You are well entrenched in left wing Australian society now.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Flipside? A lot of improbable outcomes. Just watch how much the tax payer gets lumbered with. Not that I'm against infrastructure. Just go through the proper tender process, in the first place. But the big one, don't over load cities before at least part of said infrastructure is in place. Playing catch up is not the best way of doing things. Sydney is decades behind.

What are you talking about? ALP is all for continued population overload. They tend to be more in favour of public transport as well. Although the way Sydney has gone, I suspect no one can afford not to be partially so. Roads alone, will hardly be enough. Do you have a thought process? Never noticed. Always seem to be the same few lines, taken straight of the Coalition manifesto.
You do not "build it and they will come". See Dubai. Unbelievable.

Taxpayer can afford it here. The Libs created enough wealth for it and a lot more. It's so unfortunate Labor can never do the same.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You do not "build it and they will come". See Dubai. Unbelievable.

Taxpayer can afford it here. The Libs created enough wealth for it and a lot more. It's so unfortunate Labor can never do the same.
Dubai? LOL. I'm afraid there needs to be a lot of staying back after school, if we're going to get anywhere. I take it you do wish to progress? Man, Dubai, is a place that is bankrupt and full of corruption. Horrible place. An example of what Sydney should become? I think not. Talk about building on quick sand.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Its so sad that the above excites you. Classic tall poppy syndrome. You are well entrenched in left wing Australian society now.
I'm afraid rent seekers don't require any 'help' from 'lefties' like me. Nothing tall poopy about having unserviceable debt. But hey, let's wait and see.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm afraid rent seekers don't require any 'help' from 'lefties' like me. Nothing tall poopy about having unserviceable debt. But hey, let's wait and see.
We aren't in debt here in NSW. All those mega projects are being completed with a surplus.

Do research your facts better.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dubai? LOL. I'm afraid there needs to be a lot of staying back after school, if we're going to get anywhere. I take it you do wish to progress? Man, Dubai, is a place that is bankrupt and full of corruption. Horrible place. An example of what Sydney should become? I think not. Talk about building on quick sand.
Glad we agree on Dubai.

You said "But the big one, don't over load cities before at least part of said infrastructure is in place. "

That's what they tried to do in Dubai and failed.

Sounds like you need to spend some more time in school. As I said, your thought process is a bit out of whack.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Meanwhile, back in Melbourne, the troubadour second most desired location, hot sales are appearing in the outer suburbs.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/property-slowdown-starts-to-bite-in-outer-suburbs-20180904-p501qd.html

And with Melbourne's urban sprawl not restricted by geographical boundaries, good population growth and focus on a new ring rail line, I can see this as a temporary thing.

Troubadour time to get in while you can and put this inner city arrogance behind you.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Meanwhile, back in Melbourne, the troubadour second most desired location, hot sales are appearing in the outer suburbs.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...04-p501qd.html

And with Melbourne's urban sprawl not restricted by geographical boundaries, good population growth and focus on a new ring rail line, I can see this as a temporary thing.

Troubadour time to get in while you can and put this inner city arrogance behind you.
Something to do with Victorian government incentives from memory. I wouldn't touch Australian real estate now or in the near future. Why when it is a pack of cards built on quick sand? Second most over priced in the world. Cycle moving on higher interest rates. Wage stagnation. But feel free to self indulge. Why are Australians such trusting souls? Not only unhealthy for mental resources can prove disastrous on the hip pocket. Think outside the bubble and see possibilities that make more sense.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Glad we agree on Dubai.

You said "But the big one, don't over load cities before at least part of said infrastructure is in place. "

That's what they tried to do in Dubai and failed.

Sounds like you need to spend some more time in school. As I said, your thought process is a bit out of whack.
It was far more involved than that. I know people that made a lot of money there when things were running 'red hot'.one lost most of it and looks to be 'stuck' there for life on a salary, as no future in his country. There are considerable differences to Australia, but lessons that certainly can be learnt as well.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was far more involved than that. I know people that made a lot of money there when things were running 'red hot'.one lost most of it and looks to be 'stuck' there for life on a salary, as no future in his country. There are considerable differences to Australia, but lessons that certainly can be learnt as well.
So "Built it and they will come" is just dumb then? Glad we agree.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 12:18 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Something to do with Victorian government incentives from memory. I wouldn't touch Australian real estate now or in the near future. Why when it is a pack of cards built on quick sand? Second most over priced in the world. Cycle moving on higher interest rates. Wage stagnation. But feel free to self indulge. Why are Australians such trusting souls? Not only unhealthy for mental resources can prove disastrous on the hip pocket. Think outside the bubble and see possibilities that make more sense.
The reality is it takes time for the declines in the most overpriced inner suburbs to reach the outer, still overpriced but not as bad, suburbs.

Reality is the mortgages just aren't there to support these extreme prices anymore. Allowable mortgage levels go down, interest rates go up - and the result is mortgages are 30% down on top of the extra required deposits etc. As the interest rates rise we'll see investor distressed sales as those in interest only mortgages and teaser rates find they can't remortgage and the repayments rocket.

You can make a case that the reason the libs are making such a suicidal screwup recently is they don't want to have to deal with the fallout of their lack of governance over the preceeding years, and want to blame labor again. Mind, personally I just think their vote collapse (44:56) is due to stupid incompetence.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
The reality is it takes time for the declines in the most overpriced inner suburbs to reach the outer, still overpriced but not as bad, suburbs.

Reality is the mortgages just aren't there to support these extreme prices anymore. Allowable mortgage levels go down, interest rates go up - and the result is mortgages are 30% down on top of the extra required deposits etc. As the interest rates rise we'll see investor distressed sales as those in interest only mortgages and teaser rates find they can't remortgage and the repayments rocket.

You can make a case that the reason the libs are making such a suicidal screwup recently is they don't want to have to deal with the fallout of their lack of governance over the preceeding years, and want to blame labor again. Mind, personally I just think their vote collapse (44:56) is due to stupid incompetence.
I know a better plan. How about we throw $1000 at everyone for a new flat screen TV.

Meanwhile in Sydney, progress marches on.

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/09/12/09/55/sydney-gateway-to-airport-from-st-peters-exchange-will-be-toll-free

And toll free. Woooohooo