Reload this Page >

Marnie Pearce - Please help me to keep my babies

Wikiposts

Marnie Pearce - Please help me to keep my babies

Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

smraymer will become famous soon enoughsmraymer will become famous soon enough
Default Marnie Pearce - Please help me to keep my babies

Hi all, Marnie Pearce is a British Ex-pat living in Dubai who is going through an awful ordeal. Basically her Egyptian ex-husband is fasely accusing her of adultery and as a result she is being forced apart from her children with possible extradition which would mean she'd never see her children again.

Marnie's plight is real and happenning right now. Although I don't know her personally, she is a friend of one of my close friends. Please check out her Facebook page below. The more people that know about what is happenning to her and the more noise that is made, might force justice to be done.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...id=41991664063
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Marnie Pearce - Please help me to keep my babies

Originally Posted by smraymer
Hi all, Marnie Pearce is a British Ex-pat living in Dubai who is going through an awful ordeal. Basically her Egyptian ex-husband is fasely accusing her of adultery and as a result she is being forced apart from her children with possible extradition which would mean she'd never see her children again.

Marnie's plight is real and happenning right now. Although I don't know her personally, she is a friend of one of my close friends. Please check out her Facebook page below. The more people that know about what is happenning to her and the more noise that is made, might force justice to be done.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...id=41991664063
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...to-hiding.html

Apparently her ex-husbands "mistress" has recently given birth - what a hypocrite!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:49 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

What a sad tale... those poor kids...
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Apparently her ex-husbands "mistress" has recently given birth - what a hypocrite!
Yes, thats the word!

This is awful I hope the lawyers can get her off.....
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have face book so can't read her story there but did read the other link. I know nothing about the rights and wrongs of the Dubai law but if she broke the law, in the eyes of the law and was found guilty then she serves her sentence. If she's unfortunate enough to have a Egyptian as an ex husband, then I don't see what any general public around the world can do.

The books are full of these sort of stories - unfortunately the price you pay for either marrying a person from another country or breaking the law of a country.

Incredibly sad but not sure what anyone can do. She's picked two unfortunate countries to have problems with I'm sorry to say.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

That's the point. She didn't break the law. She didn't do anything. Her Ex-husband is trying to frame her so he can get custody of the children.

It's definately not a price any mother should have to pay for marrying a person from another country. I bet half of the people on the site are married to a foreigner. That is why a lot of people are ex-pats.

The reason I posted this on this site is to spread the word about her plight. Then the courts in Dubai are more likely to sit up and ensure justice is done if the world is watching. The ex-husband needs to publically admit his lies and if enough pressure is put on him to do this (through media or from his employers -the ex-husband has a prominent position in Procter & Gamble) justice will be served. I was hoping people on this site, being ex-pats might feel some empathy for her so help her by spreading her story. Eventually it will be heard by someone who has enough influence to help.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No offence (and I honestly mean that) but I only have your word for it and what she's presumably written on facebook. My sister was in a similar situation with a Greek ex husband and the legal fight over their children and I stand by what I said with regard marrying someone from another country, in particular a country whose rules are very different from a UK point of view.

Just read the US forum, some people are not allowed to move their children to another county in the same state if they've divorced or separated from their spouses so it's not even a western vs. eastern or middle eastern problem.

I hope she gets the justice she deserves and that she doesn't lose contact with her children. No parent should suffer that. Can't support her with regard the legal side of things though, I don't know the true facts.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't know the lady, but know people here in Dubai who do, and have read about her plight. Opinion here from people that know her is split and apparently there is more to the story than is being reported on facebook. When you marry a man in the middle east who is allowed by law to have up to four wives, you're just asking for heartache in my opinion.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No offence (and I honestly mean that) but I only have your word for it and what she's presumably written on facebook. My sister was in a similar situation with a Greek ex husband and the legal fight over their children and I stand by what I said with regard marrying someone from another country, in particular a country whose rules are very different from a UK point of view.

Just read the US forum, some people are not allowed to move their children to another county in the same state if they've divorced or separated from their spouses so it's not even a western vs. eastern or middle eastern problem.

I hope she gets the justice she deserves and that she doesn't lose contact with her children. No parent should suffer that. Can't support her with regard the legal side of things though, I don't know the true facts.
There's a thread in the UK forum about that - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=591422