Manners!

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:16 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manners!

Originally Posted by TraceyW
On this part of the site people would laugh heartily, agree with you and pat you on the back!
Well thats the biggest load oif crap I've ever read. I got told to piss off and go back to god parade..... If that is what you call being heartily well you keep it.

ZX.....

Last edited by zx10r_aus; Jan 22nd 2007 at 9:20 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:17 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thebears
Yes can I have my own brush please - I don't want to share

good point "P"
You get the brushes....I'll bring the feathers
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:18 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Australians are, on the whole, the rudest people I have ever met.

No matter what the expat apologists would have you believe.

...in my opinion of course
I find them the rudest people to. Not so much rude to your face but in other more subtle ways. The last couple of months I've been using every excuse to let people out of junctions, parking spaces etc, to see how many respond with some kind of aknowledgement, so far none, not a single person in dozens of situations. I never get a thank you either, it's almost not that they are rude but just plain ignorant of their surroundings. You just don't exist.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:19 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Being ignorant is one think Grayling.....but ruling out a nation of people on the basis of a few bad experiences is surely not logical

ZX [Aussie poster above] has never been anything but courteous, he's a lovely fella who happily joins in the banter. How could you be mean to someone who is so non offensive and likeable G
Thanks mate.... Checks in the mail...... Can I give you half this week and the rest next week? I'm a little short this week.

ZX......
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:21 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Well thats the biggest load oif crap I've ever read. I got told to piss off and go back to god parade..... If that is what you call being heartily we;; you keep it.

ZX.....

Whoever wrote that to you was out of order. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to post as they wish on this, an open forum. Therefore you telling me that my comments were a load of crap negates my rights to express my personal opinions as I see fit.

Go figure
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:23 am
Breast Inspector

Originally Posted by arkon
I find them the rudest people to. Not so much rude to your face but in other more subtle ways. The last couple of months I've been using every excuse to let people out of junctions, parking spaces etc, to see how many respond with some kind of aknowledgement, so far none, not a single person in dozens of situations. I never get a thank you either, it's almost not that they are rude but just plain ignorant of their surroundings. You just don't exist.
Well Arkon if you ever see a white Freightliner with a big tanker on the back and you let me out I'll definitely thankyou......

I go past your house twice a week.

ZX.......
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:28 am
Breast Inspector

Whoever wrote that to you was out of order. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to post as they wish on this, an open forum. Therefore you telling me that my comments were a load of crap negates my rights to express my personal opinions as I see fit.

Go figure
There were a few, and they all got together and ganged up on me.
I'm sorry for using those words and I'm sorry if I offended you.

ZX.....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i am not anti-oz, i quite like it here. BUT, i do find manners a little lacking on some fronts. O/H works on-site, his work colleagues (painters/plumbers etc) have also said that ozzies can come across as rude. what is perceived rude to some people, is not rude to others. ie. if it is how it is in australia, they dont see it as being rude. but, from the other side of the world like the UK, it can be seen as rude. the O/P was only pointing out that she finds SOME australians rude in SOME circumstances.

yes, there are other things better to do with ones time rather than argue who you think is rude and who isnt, but, in some peoples opinions, they find australians lacking in the manners department. they are within their right to voice their opinion, as you all are. i am one of them. i will hold my hand up. i also find their staring unnerving. i do however realise that that i am not one to judge, as it is how it is in australia, and we are foreigners in their country..............i still find it grates me though
You've missed my point - the thread was posted on the Moving Back to the UK forum where all the anti-Oz people congregate, and where anyone disagreeing with them are immediately jumped upon.

It wasn't meant to end up here on the Barbie where ---shock, horror--- differing opinions might be expressed!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:01 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
You've missed my point - the thread was posted on the Moving Back to the UK forum where all the anti-Oz people congregate, and where anyone disagreeing with them are immediately jumped upon.

It wasn't meant to end up here on the Barbie where ---shock, horror--- differing opinions might be expressed!
actually, O/H has said that at least 90% of people on-site are very well mannered and incredibly polite, and they call their fellow workers if they are considered rude. what i am trying to say is that if, in certain circumstances, like road users, they dont use their manners, then that is how things are over here. we may find it rude, but they do not.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
actually, O/H has said that at least 90% of people on-site are very well mannered and incredibly polite, and they call their fellow workers if they are considered rude. what i am trying to say is that if, in certain circumstances, like road users, they dont use their manners, then that is how things are over here. we may find it rude, but they do not.
I agree

In response to some other comments, I'd guesstimate that out of every 10 drivers here 9 will wave if you let them out etc. But that's here in South Australia I have no idea about anywhere else. I do think that the closer to the city you get the less that happens.

I bumped into someone today in the supermarket, totally my fault and the woman I bumped into said sorry. Maybe South Australians have been brought up better than Aussies from elsewhere.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:16 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NickyC

For want of a better word... bollocks. Both 'sides' of this board are more than capable of jumping on people who happen to have differening views about Australia. To claim that it is a trait of the MBTTUK is nonsense.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I am only giving this thread one more chance. This is not a "UK vs Australia" Forum. Get back on topic or it joins the growing pile in the doghouse.

The subject is Manners.........please try and use a few!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
No matter what the expat apologists would have you believe.
...in my opinion of course

It's quite rude and condescending, acusing people of being 'apologists' when
i) they have opinions too (as you claim for yourself)
ii) and they probably live in nicer places and meet nicer people than you have met which is why they are more settled and happy than the 'complainologists'.

I've had yet another weekend, and day with friends and people here in our community who are really really decent people. And they all say they like living here precisely because it seems to breed that feeling.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Jan 22nd 2007 at 10:31 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
For want of a better word... bollocks. Both 'sides' of this board are more than capable of jumping on people who happen to have differening views about Australia. To claim that it is a trait of the MBTTUK is nonsense.
I disagree, the MBTTUK complainants have always been far more aggressive - far more so, and much more cutting, scarcastic, rude etc. Anyone disagreeing tends to be bringing balance. The worse it gets the otherway around is some old dog blowing off steam about their living conditions in the UK - which is never really personal -very general - very general - and we all can take those with a pinch of salt and a little laugh admittedly at their expense. You couldn't laugh at the MBTTUK crew. Some are deathly serious in their 'hatred' bordering on the maniac!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:40 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a grip ipom and stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill

Me?

ME?

You're the one who is so offended by 'rude Australians' you're intentionally being rude back!

Get a life Tracey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.