Manners!

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:00 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manners!

There's good and bad in every nationality. It's bloody unfair to tar everyone with the same brush

Be sensible guys
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:01 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
You my friend are in the ignorant section.....

I have never claimed otherwise...

....but, at least, I have some insight.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

For a thread on manners this thread is getting rather rude. Can we please at least TRY and be polite!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:04 am
Account Closed

How can anyone not like someone just because of their nationality

Jeez....there's some warped logic going on here, even more surprisingly as it's intelligent people

Take a reality check guys
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
How can anyone not like someone just because of their nationality
Not a question of not liking people....simply giving an opinion on the subject under discussion.

I can be ignorant but a lot of people still like me.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:06 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I have never claimed otherwise...

....but, at least, I have some insight.

Yeah what ever mate.....

ZX.....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:09 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate. I've got the boat packed up for the boys weekend....

ZX.....
At least the fish dont whinge

Rather fancy the rain rather than the whinging at the moment. People losing their homes and we are worried about comparing individuals and generalising about manners??????

London tube and buses
M25, A406
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:11 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

And try making a derogratory comment about the UK and see what happens....

ZX.....

On this part of the site people would laugh heartily, agree with you and pat you on the back!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
Not a question of not liking people....simply giving an opinion on the subject under discussion.

I can be ignorant but a lot of people still like me.
Being ignorant is one think Grayling.....but ruling out a nation of people on the basis of a few bad experiences is surely not logical

ZX [Aussie poster above] has never been anything but courteous, he's a lovely fella who happily joins in the banter. How could you be mean to someone who is so non offensive and likeable G
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:12 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
At least the fish dont whinge

Rather fancy the rain rather than the whinging at the moment. People losing their homes and we are worried about comparing individuals and generalising about manners??????

London tube and buses
M25, A406
I do the whinging when they don't bite.....

ZX.....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:12 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

There's good and bad in every nationality. It's bloody unfair to tar everyone with the same brush
Yes can I have my own brush please - I don't want to share

good point "P"
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:13 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Actually it was me that moved it, reason being, as Sue posted on a thread yesterday, that we are trying to get the MBTTUK forum to return to being just that. This post was a discussion on manners in Australia. That is the reason why it was moved, nothing to do with "them and us", purely that it is a general thread about life in Aus.
Of course it's a 'them and us' situation Pol. You know it and so does everybody else who has ever said anything detramental about Australia.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:13 am
Melbourne Australia

I do the whinging when they don't bite.....

ZX.....
I just visit the chippie on the way home
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:14 am
Bitter and twisted

How could you be mean to someone who is so non offensive and likeable G
I didn't think I was ...I was referring to people in general

G
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:14 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
The funny thing is, that this thread was originally posted on the 'Let's Have a Whinge About Oz' forum (aka Moving Back to the UK).

Sue moved it to the Barbie and quite politely pointed out that it was nothing to do with moving back to the UK (her post has disappeared in the meantime).

I suspect the whole point of posting the thread in the first place was so that all the anti-Oz people could get together and have one of their mutual whinge-fests. I very much doubt if it was meant for it anyone else's eyes at all....
i am not anti-oz, i quite like it here. BUT, i do find manners a little lacking on some fronts. O/H works on-site, his work colleagues (painters/plumbers etc) have also said that ozzies can come across as rude. what is perceived rude to some people, is not rude to others. ie. if it is how it is in australia, they dont see it as being rude. but, from the other side of the world like the UK, it can be seen as rude. the O/P was only pointing out that she finds SOME australians rude in SOME circumstances.

yes, there are other things better to do with ones time rather than argue who you think is rude and who isnt, but, in some peoples opinions, they find australians lacking in the manners department. they are within their right to voice their opinion, as you all are. i am one of them. i will hold my hand up. i also find their staring unnerving. i do however realise that that i am not one to judge, as it is how it is in australia, and we are foreigners in their country..............i still find it grates me though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.