Manners!

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:49 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manners!

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
We are not all the same, maybe it's good manners not to paint us all with the same brush?
Good point

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:05 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Christ!

I have met rude people all over the world. Even in the UK.
I have noticed no proliferation of 'ruder' people here where I live than I did in England. In fact, people are MORE pleasant here than where I lived in the UK.

Where there are people, there is rudeness and other human attributes. I know plenty of pleasant, well mannered Australians and those that aren't, I ignore, just as I did in the UK.

This mb is going down the pan.
I so agree with you Have some K!

I have come across rude people in England and in Australia - I don't notice any more rude people here than I did back in England. Threads like this end up turning into a slanging session, where 1 person accuses Aussies of being rude and then someone else sticking up for the Aussies, accuses the British of being ruder.

I can agree and disagree with the OP.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:24 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
But there is a big difference between perfection and basic good manners. I like to think that I have those and I find it difficult to not get upset by those people who don't.
I think your response of 'I'm standing still on purpose now!!' is hardly the height of 'basic good manners' which you think you have. The people who are being 'rude' to you probably don't even realise they're doing it yet you're doing it back ON PURPOSE. How rude is that?

I think there are far more important things to get upset about, such as:

http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/engafr540762004

http://www.napcan.org.au/what.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_the_Congo

Try those for a start and do try to get a little perspective in your life. The mere fact you feel compelled to start a thread about it here is encouraging!!! Just think what you could do to affect the hearts and minds of people about something truly important! Perhaps you could fax a few world leaders and prime ministers to encourage them to close Guantanamo, or bring China's treatment and imprisonment of political prisoners into the forefront of the global community.
Details on the Amnesty page.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:27 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
I think your response of 'I'm standing still on purpose now!!' is hardly the height of 'basic good manners' which you think you have. The people who are being 'rude' to you probably don't even realise they're doing it yet you're doing it back ON PURPOSE. How rude is that?

I think there are far more important things to get upset about, such as:

http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/engafr540762004

http://www.napcan.org.au/what.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_the_Congo

Try those for a start and do try to get a little perspective in your life. The mere fact you feel compelled to start a thread about it here is encouraging!!! Just think what you could do to affect the hearts and minds of people about something truly important! Perhaps you could fax a few world leaders and prime ministers to encourage them to close Guantanamo, or bring China's treatment and imprisonment of political prisoners into the forefront of the global community.
Details on the Amnesty page.

Oh for goodness sake.......what the hell has that got to do with the price of bacon!!

Get a grip ipom and stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
yes it can be quite difficult to be tolerant of those who are so different to ourselves eh

Yes nb, it can
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:46 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Good point

Thanks mate. I've got the boat packed up for the boys weekend....

ZX.....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

The funny thing is, that this thread was originally posted on the 'Let's Have a Whinge About Oz' forum (aka Moving Back to the UK).

Sue moved it to the Barbie and quite politely pointed out that it was nothing to do with moving back to the UK (her post has disappeared in the meantime).

I suspect the whole point of posting the thread in the first place was so that all the anti-Oz people could get together and have one of their mutual whinge-fests. I very much doubt if it was meant for it anyone else's eyes at all....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:50 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Australians are, on the whole, the rudest people I have ever met.

No matter what the expat apologists would have you believe.

...in my opinion of course
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NickyC
The funny thing is, that this thread was originally posted on the 'Let's Have a Whinge About Oz' forum (aka Moving Back to the UK).

Sue moved it to the Barbie and quite politely pointed out that it was nothing to do with moving back to the UK (her post has disappeared in the meantime).

I suspect the whole point of posting the thread in the first place was so that all the anti-Oz people could get together and have one of their mutual whinge-fests. I very much doubt if it was meant for it anyone else's eyes at all....

Oh here we go again. The them and us situation. Isn't it like school?

The only reason people like me post comments like this in the MBTTUK forum is because of posters like you Nicky. We are never allowed to make any derogatory comments about Australia without being bashed verbally for it.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:53 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

So you have met every single Australian have you? Get a grip mate.

ZX.....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:54 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
So you have met every single Australian have you? Get a grip mate.

ZX.....

I've met enough to form an opinion.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:56 am
Breast Inspector

The only reason people like me post comments like this in the MBTTUK forum is because of posters like you Nicky. We are never allowed to make any derogatory comments about Australia without being bashed verbally for it.
And try making a derogratory comment about the UK and see what happens....

ZX.....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it was me that moved it, reason being, as Sue posted on a thread yesterday, that we are trying to get the MBTTUK forum to return to being just that. This post was a discussion on manners in Australia. That is the reason why it was moved, nothing to do with "them and us", purely that it is a general thread about life in Aus.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:59 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Your welcome to your opinion mate

But you haven't met my family yet that may change your mind

Kiwi
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:59 am
Breast Inspector

I've met enough to form an opinion.
I've met enough British to form the opinion the there are a lot of nice people and there are some really ignorant people. You my friend are in the ignorant section.....

ZX........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.