Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mannerisms I have picked up in Oz

Mannerisms I have picked up in Oz

Old May 11th 2006, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mannerisms I have picked up in Oz

As I was driving to work this morning - I got to thinking about mannerisms particular to Oz.

Although I haven't lost my accent, nor has OH or son (daughter has 2 accents - one for home and one for talking to her Oz mates!) I have picked up some mannerisms/sayings. so has Tom (he he he) he hates being teased about this - but he has so there...

anyhow mine are:- 'far out' and 'good thanks' (in response to the 'how are you?'

Tom uses :- 'smoko' instead of t break and 'esky' instead of cool box.

There are probably more - but I can't thin - so come on, lets hear yours
Old May 11th 2006, 1:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mannerisms I have picked up in Oz

Originally Posted by sasbear
As I was driving to work this morning - I got to thinking about mannerisms particular to Oz.

Although I haven't lost my accent, nor has OH or son (daughter has 2 accents - one for home and one for talking to her Oz mates!) I have picked up some mannerisms/sayings. so has Tom (he he he) he hates being teased about this - but he has so there...

anyhow mine are:- 'far out' and 'good thanks' (in response to the 'how are you?'

Tom uses :- 'smoko' instead of t break and 'esky' instead of cool box.

There are probably more - but I can't thin - so come on, lets hear yours
I say "no worries" way way too much
Old May 11th 2006, 1:58 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

I rocked up to the pub last Saturday arvo before going to the footy.
No footy pikers this time, as 2 of my mates had piked out of the last game!
One of my mates was a bit late though, cos he's in the middle of doing a reno on his house, so he only had time for a quick midi before bounce down.
No real worries for him though, cos he'd swung by the bottle shop & cracked a couple of travellers on the way to the pub.

Etc. Etc.....
Old May 11th 2006, 1:58 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

" too easy " " no worries " " truely ' instead of really " this arvo "

" can of piss " always makes me lol

oh aye and " ya bastard " and " ya prick " always sed in an aussie accent lol
Old May 11th 2006, 2:01 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

see ya later

cask of wine

tinnie

bathers
Old May 11th 2006, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
see ya later

cask of wine

tinnie

bathers
- lol - I also say 'fins' when I swim and not 'flippers'
Old May 11th 2006, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scossie
I rocked up to the pub last Saturday arvo before going to the footy.
No footy pikers this time, as 2 of my mates had piked out of the last game!
One of my mates was a bit late though, cos he's in the middle of doing a reno on his house, so he only had time for a quick midi before bounce down.
No real worries for him though, cos he'd swung by the bottle shop & cracked a couple of travellers on the way to the pub.

Etc. Etc.....

Streuth mate,

you're a true blue oz already
Old May 11th 2006, 2:17 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

- lol - I also say 'fins' when I swim and not 'flippers'
That's correct anyway, they're not bleedin flippers, you a dolphin?
Old May 11th 2006, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by biggy
" too easy " " no worries " " truely ' instead of really " this arvo "

" can of piss " always makes me lol

oh aye and " ya bastard " and " ya prick " always sed in an aussie accent lol
The bloke that sold us our bed kept saying "too easy".

I was thinking, is he taking the piss and thinking that the sale was too easy? I'm gonna lamp him in a minute!
Old May 11th 2006, 2:21 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rossifumi
that's what I was just typing
flippers are found on turtles, pin ball machines and "dry behind the ears" divers
Old May 11th 2006, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

erm well if you count the layers of fat on me, and the amount of time spent in water, erm... and also the strange language I speak - ohh and there is always the fact that my OH is always petting me
Old May 11th 2006, 2:25 am

erm well if you count the layers of fat on me, and the amount of time spent in water, erm... and also the strange language I speak - ohh and there is always the fact that my OH is always petting me
What that special dolphin petting, like that bloke got caught doing.
Old May 11th 2006, 2:28 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

The bloke that sold us our bed kept saying "too easy".

I was thinking, is he taking the piss and thinking that the sale was too easy? I'm gonna lamp him in a minute!

lol have u christened it yet?
Old May 11th 2006, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

What that special dolphin petting, like that bloke got caught doing.

sh*t - I knew I'd 'blow' his cover - OH will never forgive me
Old May 11th 2006, 2:33 am

gedge has disabled reputation

sh*t - I knew I'd 'blow' his cover - OH will never forgive me
Is this an RW scandal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.