Manchester

Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester

Originally Posted by Beoz
If I am not mistaken, hate preaching has some sort of expulsion or criminal ramifications these days anyway.

I am in London right now, and I do sense a fair degree of disgust from many Muslims, which is good. The extreme element can only be influenced by their own.
You are right, there are laws against 'hate preaching' already and the question is whether they should be tighter, stronger or whatever. Steve seems to want capital punishment reinstated as he's calling for irradication or maybe irradiation; even eradication suggests pretty drastic action.

Action against those inciting violence - tick; action against schools inciting violence - tick; stronger penalties such as deportation if not citizens - tick; stronger surveillance - tick, arm all police - keep that unticked in my view.

England now has more than 3 million muslims and 3,000 under active surveillance represents a small fraction of 1%. We need to keep that in perspective as most are law abiding and abhor what some twisted youth do in the so called name of their religion.

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 7th 2017 at 9:34 am.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
You are right, there are laws against 'hate preaching' already and the question is whether they should be tighter, stronger or whatever. Steve seems to want capital punishment reinstated as he's calling for irradication or maybe irradiation; even eradication suggests pretty drastic action.

Action against those inciting violence - tick; action against schools inciting violence - tick; stronger penalties such as deportation if not citizens - tick; stronger surveillance - tick, arm all police - keep that unticked in my view.

England now has more than 3 million muslims and 3,000 under active surveillance represents a small fraction of 1%. We need to keep that in perspective as most are law abiding and abhor what some twisted youth do in the so called name of their religion.
Apologies for spelling a word or two wrong tennis boy, clearly it blows my argument out of the water, what a dick move .

Here's some more perspective for you, 1 extremist killed 22 in Manchester, if the whole 3,000 did the same then that's 66,000 dead . There are a further 21.000 that are on their concern list but practically and financially it's impossible to monitor them. Like I say, get rid of the hate preachers by whatever means necessary.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 7:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I am in London right now, and I do sense a fair degree of disgust from many Muslims, which is good. The extreme element can only be influenced by their own.
Much earlier in this thread, I posed a question around this. Only Garry bothered to respond. I posted again a bit further on, linking to an article about imams refusing to perform the funeral prayer over the London Bridge murderers. Not a titter. That's because the majority of posters on this thread have taken one view of what 'needs to be done', and as is typical, their posts are solely about defending this view.

No wonder most BE members avoid these wank fests like the plague.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Much earlier in this thread, I posed a question around this. Only Garry bothered to respond. I posted again a bit further on, linking to an article about imams refusing to perform the funeral prayer over the London Bridge murderers. Not a titter. That's because the majority of posters on this thread have taken one view of what 'needs to be done', and as is typical, their posts are solely about defending this view.

No wonder most BE members avoid these wank fests like the plague.
It's an issue that many feel very strongly about, nothing wrong with expressing a view and sticking to it. Leaving it 'up to their own' to sort it won't work on its own, the West needs to be seen to be backing these moderates up to the hilt, at the moment any moderate who stands up and does the right thing is left to the mercy of some pretty ruthless people, without our protection. It's a problem for all of us.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jun 7th 2017 at 7:17 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

1% for a single religion is an astonishing figure. Sure there's 99% who are Muslim by birth but don't care much for religion, or are against extremism, or have missed the radar.

If we to look at those who are born Muslim but don't care much for religion, my Facebook is lighting up like a Christmas tree right now with political, Corbyn orientated messages from those. Why does that religion create such passion?
Old Jun 7th 2017, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

I heard on BBC the figure 3,000 under active surveillance in 500 cases, after recent events perhaps the security services should consider stepping up surveillance, deportations, whatever else to reduce the threat from the 3,000. The same office indicated there is another 20,000 whose names have been identified that they are or may be of concern. And who knows how many more haven't been identified yet by the security services, or may be leaning towards more radical and fundamentalist beliefs and/or actions.

Let's also keep in perspective that terrorism is unacceptable and if current measures aren't enough, then more are necessary. May should hang her head in shame for reducing the number of police officers.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

I posted again a bit further on, linking to an article about imams refusing to perform the funeral prayer over the London Bridge murderers.
There's a bloke called Tommy Robinson who calls attention to these exact things, and he gets spat at, assaulted, called nazi scum and gets death threats.

The point is it's true, why have we persistently censored the truth for fear of causing racial/cultural tension? I watched a Pakistani woman reacting to the three girls program, mostly Pakistani Muslim men using 11 year old white girls as sex slaves, because they see them as worthless and fair game. One of the reasons it took so long to uncover was cover ups from the 'tight knit Pakistani Muslim community.

She was crying and admitted to being raped by a family member when she was 13, but couldn't say anything because 'in her culture' it would bring shame on the family.

Now if you come from a culture that's happy to sweep routine rape under the carpet, and covers up child sex rings then let's not beat around the bush, you come from a shit, backwards culture that doesn't belong in the modern world.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen the footage of when the cops took down the 3 extremists. Not sure I was supposed to see this.

I had visions of the cops shooting them from 30 yards.

Nup. Its was close quarter combat. Knives out going for the cops.

Without guns, the cops would have been screwed.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Or maybe you ought to work on your reading comprehension?

If I think someone is a far right racist, I tend to call them on it outright.

No, it's because it does work to isolate them, which is why they might lash out, which in its own way is useful (you can then jail them). You might disagree, but there are many instances to point to of cults being killed by being pushed out of society.

No, much of it I would say is due to the daft law 'inciting religious hatred'. Part of enabling ridicule is to make ridiculing religion protected, rather than banned. And that then applies to all religions.

Lashing out within a community, rather than at the wider population, is partly what you want to achieve.

I was born and bred in Manchester and still live only a 40 min train ride away now we have returned. Manchester for all its faults has mainly been a friendly welcoming City to All.....even to the influx of " The Southerners" lol. We have mixed well we have China Town and excellent Chinese supermarkets, Rusholm is an excellent area for food around the globe mainly Eastern restaurants, our Universities have many students from different nationalities who live, study and work in Manchester and have done so for many years and it just worked and as time has gone by a lot of these nationalities who have decided to settle in Manchester have assimilated to the extent where they and their children are British this has happened to a lot of my friends in fact some are more "British" than me, I think one of the problems is even after two or three generations Muslim children, grandchildren have not be allowed to assimilate fully and hence they feel they just do not quite fit in at times with the Western way of life, my Sons friend is not allowed to go to concerts, go out without a member of their family if its just her and a group of friends from outside her family so she takes her brother with her, cannot go to parties even though a lot of my sons friends do not drink through choice and she says she feels "neither one thing or the other", she is to Marry a Muslim the good thing it will be her choice and hopefully her husband will allow her to keep working once she is married and she is 3rd generation British born. It would be nice if strict Muslim families allowed their children to have more freedom to choose their own path and not be so strict with their religious views.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just seen the footage of when the cops took down the 3 extremists. Not sure I was supposed to see this.

I had visions of the cops shooting them from 30 yards.

Nup. Its was close quarter combat. Knives out going for the cops.

Without guns, the cops would have been screwed.
Its now on Facebook. You will see it soon.

Without the guns, what could have been?
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
It's an issue that many feel very strongly about, nothing wrong with expressing a view and sticking to it. Leaving it 'up to their own' to sort it won't work on its own, the West needs to be seen to be backing these moderates up to the hilt, at the moment any moderate who stands up and does the right thing is left to the mercy of some pretty ruthless people, without our protection. It's a problem for all of us.
Sorry for the 'wank fest' thing. Not about the rest though. Cheers.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

Sorry for the 'wank fest' thing. Not about the rest though. Cheers.
Probably more of a pissing contest than a wank fest anyway to be fair, a subject like this is bound to get people opinionated, pointless thinking otherwise
Old Jun 8th 2017, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

1% for a single religion is an astonishing figure. Sure there's 99% who are Muslim by birth but don't care much for religion, or are against extremism, or have missed the radar.

If we to look at those who are born Muslim but don't care much for religion, my Facebook is lighting up like a Christmas tree right now with political, Corbyn orientated messages from those. Why does that religion create such passion?
I said a fraction of 1% but too many of course (don't exaggerate at 1 in 100, it's less than 1 in 1,000). 0.1/99.9%
Old Jun 8th 2017, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

I said a fraction of 1% but too many of course (don't exaggerate at 1 in 100, it's less than 1 in 1,000). 0.1/99.9%
I am a bit confused. If Muslim population is 3 million, 1% is 30,000 or 1 out of 100. If the official I heard on BBC correct there are an active 500 cases involving 3000 people that are being investigated, and another 20,000 who have been identified as people " of concern", and I don't think unfair to assume there may be another 7,000 the authorities are not aware of who may be considered risks. So 1% doesn't seem like an outrageous assumption.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by morpeth
I am a bit confused. If Muslim population is 3 million, 1% is 30,000 or 1 out of 100. If the official I heard on BBC correct there are an active 500 cases involving 3000 people that are being investigated, and another 20,000 who have been identified as people " of concern", and I don't think unfair to assume there may be another 7,000 the authorities are not aware of who may be considered risks. So 1% doesn't seem like an outrageous assumption.
A thought provoking article for anyone with an open mind to consider:

Why British Muslims Hate Extremism More Than You Do | HuffPost UK

(watch the 'fake news', you can't believe that source etc comments)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.