British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Manchester (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/manchester-897102/)

Amazulu May 23rd 2017 9:38 am

Manchester

ITV live feed on Youtube:

Choices are going to have to be made - there will be a reckoning

moneypenny20 May 23rd 2017 9:41 am

Re: Manchester

Better security and bag checking would be a start. Very sad.

spouse of scouse May 23rd 2017 9:58 am

:(

GarryP May 23rd 2017 10:28 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12258443)
Better security and bag checking would be a start. Very sad.

Doesn't really work, since the queues for the bag check are at least as good a target. Same with airports and checkin queues.

xizzles May 23rd 2017 10:56 am

This was a little too close for comfort. I have family in Liverpool, and I can only thank my lucky stars that my niece and nephew were not fans of Ariana Grande. I called them as soon as I read the news this morning (in Singapore), and like many, they were as shocked and shaken as anyone else, because it could have easily been any other concert, and they might very well have been there.

spouse of scouse May 23rd 2017 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by xizzles (Post 12258485)
This was a little too close for comfort. I have family in Liverpool, and I can only thank my lucky stars that my niece and nephew were not fans of Ariana Grande. I called them as soon as I read the news this morning (in Singapore), and like many, they were as shocked and shaken as anyone else, because it could have easily been any other concert, and they might very well have been there.

One of scouse's nieces was at the concert. She's ok. A lot of families grieving today.

moneypenny20 May 23rd 2017 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12258556)
One of scouse's nieces was at the concert. She's ok. A lot of families grieving today.

Huge relief for your family. Hope the niece deals with the shock and horror ok.

spouse of scouse May 23rd 2017 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12258558)
Huge relief for your family. Hope the niece deals with the shock and horror ok.

Thanks MP. She felt a bit sick not long before the end of the show and left early with her boyfriend, so was spared the unspeakable sights so many other poor kids saw. She heard the blast but very sensibly didn't go back.

Yes, it'll take a bit of getting over for everyone who was there. I hope most of them have sensible adults such as their parents to talk with about it, often that's all that's required - an caring ear and the ability to talk it out.

God there's some f'd up people in the world.

xizzles May 23rd 2017 2:22 pm

Oh goodness gracious. Thank Grud she's safe. I can feel the relief and I'm so glad for your family. Keep safe!

spouse of scouse May 23rd 2017 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by xizzles (Post 12258697)
Oh goodness gracious. Thank Grud she's safe. I can feel the relief and I'm so glad for your family. Keep safe!

Ta xizzles. I was in London last week with my sister, who's never been there before. Like everyone does, we spent a lot of time in crowded tourist places and really enjoyed ourselves. The day any of us let a few f'd up people rule our lives is the day they win.

ps - 'Grud', very good! :lol:

DeadVim May 23rd 2017 10:47 pm

Love and tolerance will beat fear and intolerance every time.

The human race is fundamentally good, we should not lose sight of this because of a few nutjobs.

spouse of scouse May 23rd 2017 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 12259070)

The human race is fundamentally good, we should not lose sight of this because of a few nutjobs.

:thumbup: :heart:

Amazulu May 23rd 2017 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 12259070)

Indeed - especially when combined with a bit of payback intolerance and violence

spouse of scouse May 23rd 2017 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12259101)
Indeed - especially when combined with a bit of payback intolerance and violence

I suspect DV was referring to the typical lashing out at Muslim people in general that follows these attacks. No one tolerates or loves bastard murdering twats, that goes without saying.

BEVS May 24th 2017 12:12 am

Yes. Same this end. Two young ladies at the concert but finally home safe.
One being hassled via media messaging to give an interview. Both not in a good head space at all but safe and sound.

No words really. Sad pointless loss of lives yet again.