Reload this Page >

Man flu v Giving birth!!

Man flu v Giving birth!!

Old Oct 1st 2008, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Man flu v Giving birth!!

It's a moot question.

Men can never know what it's like to give birth and women can never know what it's like to have manflu.

Now I know you wimmin all think it's like womanflu with more moaning but in reality: womanflu slows you down for a few minutes while you call work before you head out to the shops; lunch with the ladies; appointments at the hair-dresser, manicurist, etc. On the other hand, anyone who's had manflu can tell you, the hope that your best mate will come and shoot you through the head to make life better, is a thought that frequently crosses the mind.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

I am currently suffering from man flu and can tell you from 1st hand experience that this is the worst possible feeling in the world. I just want to feel better.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:07 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
It's a moot question.

Men can never know what it's like to give birth and women can never know what it's like to have manflu.

Now I know you wimmin all think it's like womanflu with more moaning but in reality: womanflu slows you down for a few minutes while you call work before you head out to the shops; lunch with the ladies; appointments at the hair-dresser, manicurist, etc. On the other hand, anyone who's had manflu can tell you, the hope that your best mate will come and shoot you through the head to make life better, is a thought that frequently crosses the mind.
Believe me. When my husband gets man flu, "the hope that your best mate will come and shoot you through the head to make life better, is a thought that frequently crosses my mind"

Nic
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Believe me. When my husband gets man flu, "the hope that your best mate will come and shoot you through the head to make life better, is a thought that frequently crosses my mind"

Nic
So you get a bit of an idea of what it's like. A lot more serious than the wondering which salad dressing will cause the least aggravation to your womanflu
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wats123
I am currently suffering from man flu and can tell you from 1st hand experience that this is the worst possible feeling in the world. I just want to feel better.
I hope it passes quickly Stay away from guns Get well soon

Last edited by MartinLuther; Oct 1st 2008 at 8:18 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

I hope it passes quickly Stay away from guns Get well soon
I began this thread a bit (well a lot), tongue in cheek....but I awoke this morning with man flu.

I guess you ladies would call it karma, just desserts etc...

Guys I need sympathy, kleenex and some one to mop my fevered brow!! My OH told me to sod off and blow my nose, get out to work and earn some cash so we can get to Oz............fair point I suppose!!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
I began this thread a bit (well a lot), tongue in cheek....but I awoke this morning with man flu.

Guys I need sympathy, kleenex and some one to mop my fevered brow!! My OH told me to sod off and blow my nose, get out to work and earn some cash so we can get to Oz............fair point I suppose!!
Can't be proper manflu if you're on the computer. It's this sort of behavior that gives manflu a bad rep.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 5:57 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwwwwwww!, awwwwwwwwwww!, awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Big awwwwwwwwwwww! You okay? Awwwwwwwwwwww! ( you get the idea?) Now get over it!

Nic
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Katie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LAM
Its obviously man flu, giving birth is a piece of cake, and man flu can last weeks, where as giving birth is over in a few hours
Afew hours - Wow !! I'm guessing your wife was extremely lucky
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Katie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Child birth is nothing compared to a visit to the toilet the morning after a night of 14 pints of Guinness.

Ha !!! I'm guessing you're male
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Amazula - That's another thing. Blokes and their toilet doo's Gross,.. wondered what that smell was
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

Can't be proper manflu if you're on the computer. It's this sort of behavior that gives manflu a bad rep.
Av managed to crawl from my bed and after sometime I have summoned the strength to reply...........bugger av forgotten! Oh yes. It was manflu just hadnt quite took hold. It is slowly moving into a girlie snuffle so I should be fully recovered by Xmas
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:36 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Since men will never experience giving birth and women will never understand or experience man flu.........which is the worse???? The debate begins.

Your thoughts please (it is only a bit of fun girls!)
Fun aside men do have a problem dealing with and talking about a serious medical issue when it arrives. In Sydney these days you cannot go anywhere without seeing the Mount Franklin Breast cancer campaign which is great. You do not get blokes going on about their bollocks cancer as much women talking about their knockers. Jokes aside blokes do actually die and suffer as a result due to a lack of awareness and willingness to talk about serious issues.

I just hope the women here learn to distinguish man flu from something that make take your man from you.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

When I had my first baby my husband didn't have man flu, but he did have an ingrown toenail. My membranes ruptured at home in the early hours of the morning so I went back to bed to let him have a bit more sleep, then asked him to take me to hospital when he got up in the morning. He was pretty peeved because the dogs didn't have any marrow bones so he decided we'd have to go get them some before he took me to the hospital. He got all suited up for work (minus his shoes) and when we arrived at the supermarket, he made me go in because it would be too painful to put his shoes on. The first supermarket we went to didn't have any, so we had to go to the butchers - again I had to go in. Then I had to go home and give them to the dogs before we went to the hospital. He then left me at the hospital and went off to the office - he came back that afternoon when i was in the full throws of labour and when we finally got down to the labour ward, decided that he needed the gas for his sore toe, so he sat there sucking on my gas......
Old Oct 12th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
when we finally got down to the labour ward, decided that he needed the gas for his sore toe, so he sat there sucking on my gas......

John had nearly all of my gas , the nurse had to tell him off when she caught him !
He had a red ring around his mouth as he had been sucking on it so long !

Nicky

Last edited by nickyjohnt; Oct 12th 2008 at 9:47 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.