Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Luma's 6 week panic...I remember ours well

Wikiposts

Luma's 6 week panic...I remember ours well

Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:27 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Luma's 6 week panic...I remember ours well

I remember that like it was just 6 weeks ago..oh, it was. Anyway, along with everything else we had 2 bikes to sell and to my surprise they both went in 2 weeks!
Now came the car, sell early and then what do we do? Leave it too late and we will be in the guano.
I put it on ebay as well as autotrader, nowt! Put it on ebay again and there was a mad flurry of bids, wahoo! I thought.
This bloke made the highest bid after a few questions, his bid didn't make the reserve but I thought stuff it, it's his and informed him that I'd accept his offer.

"Erm after much thought, we can't get our hands on the money"

"Wanker!" I thought.

Time was running out so I decided to leave it with a mate to sell for me. The other alternative was to sell to a trader for £1000 less.

About a week later the bloke who couldn't quite get the money together e-mails me to ask if I still have the car.

"I do, do you want it as I'm leaving the country tomorrow"

He explains that since last speaking to me he's seen loads of chod so yes he'll have it.

He came down the night before we left, South London to Falmouth, Cornwall and arrived at ours at 11pm! At the roadside by street lights he looks at it and says even though it's dark he's well happy and he'll take it.

I thought well you're surely not going to leave without it.

He texts me the following day and says he's chuffed to bits with it and have a good life, ahh, bless!

How's that for cutting it fine.

The thing is when I joined Expats I remember 2 posts vividly.

One was the first someone had heard from their Case Officer was congratulations, your visas have been issued.

The second was a post about someone finally selling their car the day before they left the country.

And both these happened to us, spooky!

Rich
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luma's 6 week panic...I remember ours well

Glad to hear it all worked out for you in the end.

Did you find ebay was better for selling your cars?

Originally Posted by rossifumi
I remember that like it was just 6 weeks ago..oh, it was. Anyway, along with everything else we had 2 bikes to sell and to my surprise they both went in 2 weeks!
Now came the car, sell early and then what do we do? Leave it too late and we will be in the guano.
I put it on ebay as well as autotrader, nowt! Put it on ebay again and there was a mad flurry of bids, wahoo! I thought.
This bloke made the highest bid after a few questions, his bid didn't make the reserve but I thought stuff it, it's his and informed him that I'd accept his offer.

"Erm after much thought, we can't get our hands on the money"

"Wanker!" I thought.

Time was running out so I decided to leave it with a mate to sell for me. The other alternative was to sell to a trader for £1000 less.

About a week later the bloke who couldn't quite get the money together e-mails me to ask if I still have the car.

"I do, do you want it as I'm leaving the country tomorrow"

He explains that since last speaking to me he's seen loads of chod so yes he'll have it.

He came down the night before we left, South London to Falmouth, Cornwall and arrived at ours at 11pm! At the roadside by street lights he looks at it and says even though it's dark he's well happy and he'll take it.

I thought well you're surely not going to leave without it.

He texts me the following day and says he's chuffed to bits with it and have a good life, ahh, bless!

How's that for cutting it fine.

The thing is when I joined Expats I remember 2 posts vividly.

One was the first someone had heard from their Case Officer was congratulations, your visas have been issued.

The second was a post about someone finally selling their car the day before they left the country.

And both these happened to us, spooky!

Rich
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:07 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Luma's 6 week panic...I remember ours well

Originally Posted by Luma
Glad to hear it all worked out for you in the end.

Did you find ebay was better for selling your cars?
Same for the bikes and the car mate.