lost my mate

Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default lost my mate

my best friend died friday. carla the 9yr old boxer who came from uk to be with us here in brisbane she had 3 good years here with us .its been so hard losing her and she always had the best just like her time to be at piece we decided to get her cremated and bring her home. then one day after her death we had a call from the animal hospital at underwood saying they had lost her body and it had been taken to a land fill and there was no chance we would ever get it back sorry.
we are hurting from our loss but this i dont think i will ever get over thinking of my best friend lying in some tip i only wanted the best for her whot do i do?
Attached Thumbnails lost my mate-s4300005.jpg   lost my mate-carlas-new-pad.jpg  
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice
Default Re: lost my mate

I think if it had happened to me I'd have liked the animal hospital to lie about where my adored pet had ended up.

I'm sorry you have the added pain on what is an already a sad time for you, but I don't think your best friend is really at the land fill.

I watched my Dad die when I was young and my aunt told me at the time that the body is just the vessel we move around in, and the essence of who we are is not confined to that vessel. I'm not a religious person but I've thought about what my aunt told me each time I've suffered loss since then and it does seem to help.

Remember the good times, she was lucky to have you.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:21 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wintersgills
my best friend died friday. carla the 9yr old boxer who came from uk to be with us here in brisbane she had 3 good years here with us .its been so hard losing her and she always had the best just like her time to be at piece we decided to get her cremated and bring her home. then one day after her death we had a call from the animal hospital at underwood saying they had lost her body and it had been taken to a land fill and there was no chance we would ever get it back sorry.
we are hurting from our loss but this i dont think i will ever get over thinking of my best friend lying in some tip i only wanted the best for her whot do i do?
I'm sorry to hear what happened ...I remember how much it hurt when my own dog died....and for the Vet to be so negligent too - unbelievable.
Try to keep you mind focussed on the good times you had with your mate.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:30 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Aaww, you poor things. That is so unprofessional of them. I know it's hard, but as the other's have said, try to focus on the good times you had together and the fact that you gave your pet a loving home for 9 years and, in return she brought lots of love and fun to your lives. Make a small memorial for her in your garden, like planting a new shrub in her name. She'll always be there in your heart won't she. Big hugs.x
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

That's sad. Unfortunately I don't see that there is a lot that you can actually *do*.

Nothing else I can advise really over anything else that has been said. just sorry to hear your news.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

That is so sad

Hope you feel better soon.......
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:52 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Womat
I watched my Dad die when I was young and my aunt told me at the time that the body is just the vessel we move around in, and the essence of who we are is not confined to that vessel. I'm not a religious person but I've thought about what my aunt told me each time I've suffered loss since then and it does seem to help.
Couldnt have put it any better myself.......I'm certain her spirit is alive and well on some doggy beach somewhere!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:17 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry for you. I know how it felt when we lost our
dog. And the vet..........no words for that....... .
Just remember you gave her a great dog life and she
loved it.

Miranda xx
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

How awful. All I can say is really sorry that you have lost your best friend. It would be a nice idea to plant a tree in your garden in her memory. When my 18 year old cat died, we planted a lilac bush for him. I love lilacs and every time I looked at the bush I thought of Chester.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Aw she is lovely! I am so sorry for your loss, a piece of your goes with them, but i do think a bush or shrub in her memory will help enormously! and maybe, possibly in the not to distant future, the pitter patter of more tiny feet?
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:35 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your loss - it' so hard when a much loved pet dies.
I think the memorial / shrub idea is a lovely one.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:28 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Wintergills... I'm really sorry. What a gorgeous dog.

There's not much you can do, though I would wonder how the vet was going to compensate you for the distress they've caused you. A reduction in the vet bill for a start.
I know that's a purely practical thing, but it's the least they could do considering their carelessness. HTF do you lose a dog's body? <scratches head>

I find the 'Can't do anything about it' response a bit crap, frankly. They'd better think hard how they can make things better imo.

I really hope you manage to focus on your pup and everything she meant to you whilst she was alive, rather than thinking of her body out there somewhere... She's long gone, chasing rabbits in some lush pasture somewhere.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

things are getting sorted i have suggested refunding the amount i have paid to them for everything they did and i will donatie it to a boxer rescue center,and they said yes ok thats fine so ime going to visit a shelter tommorow to give them the good news.
So hopefully something has come out of this drama and we can move on with things but we will never forget carla my best friend
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:57 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

things are getting sorted i have suggested refunding the amount i have paid to them for everything they did and i will donatie it to a boxer rescue center,and they said yes ok thats fine so ime going to visit a shelter tommorow to give them the good news.
So hopefully something has come out of this drama and we can move on with things but we will never forget carla my best friend
That's nice, Wintergills. Well done for asking for some compensation for their slackness. And really well done for donating it....

Good move.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Thats so sad. Hope you are Ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.