Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Looking for Help with Nintendo DS and Lite

Looking for Help with Nintendo DS and Lite

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:32 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Question Looking for Help with Nintendo DS and Lite

My girls (6 and 4) have asked for a Nintendo DS for Xmas and seeing as we'll be doing the return flight to the UK at that time it seems like a good pressie for them to get.

So, where do I begin? What's the difference between a DS and a DS Lite? Are the games interchangeable between both consoles?

Just looking into it just now as loads of games are half price in the sales just now. Prob won't buy that actual consoles til nearer the time to get most of warranties etc.

Cheers

Gill
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:02 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for Help with Nintendo DS and Lite

Both the same functions. DS lite is lighter, smaller and has brighter screens.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:36 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

you can chip a DS
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You can get the Lite in scarlet and bright blue now - well funky.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:56 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
you can chip a DS
Yep, the best thing we ever bought. Both the boys have one. Cheap and simple to use. Just plug it in like a normal game card and it doesn't change the DS at all. Goodbye $60 a pop for DS Games.

We bought our 2GB DSOne card from GameGear.com.au for $85 and it turned up a couple of days. Everyone we know has them now.

Al
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:07 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info guys. So, basically, the decision is based on whether I want a brighter screen or the ability to chip? Why do Nintendo have both when they do the same thing?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:12 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Thanks for the info guys. So, basically, the decision is based on whether I want a brighter screen or the ability to chip? Why do Nintendo have both when they do the same thing?
Nope, there is no contest. The original DS is old, big and nasty looking with a crud screen. Buy the DS Lite. Both can be "chipped" using the card described above. Son 1 has DS lite Son 2 has an Original DS (he broke his newer DS lite) and the cards work on both.

Al
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:35 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by bigAPE
Nope, there is no contest. The original DS is old, big and nasty looking with a crud screen. Buy the DS Lite. Both can be "chipped" using the card described above. Son 1 has DS lite Son 2 has an Original DS (he broke his newer DS lite) and the cards work on both.

Al
Excellent, DS Lite it is then
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Both ours have DS lites with the M3ds card ...it basicully plays games downloaded from the internet The cheat card is available for approx $65 each but allows you to get as many games as you want
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:17 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Herrchook,

I'm sure my OH got our kids from Ebay, and got the machine and 17 games for a bargain price.

He was allowed to say whether games were for boys/girls and to give a preference for types of games. We were very happy with what we got.

Let me ask him to check up and see if he can find the Ebay store and I will get back to you.

M
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Machiavelli

I'm sure my OH got our kids from Ebay,
I tried selling my eldest on there but no one bid
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:26 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Hi Herrchook,

I'm sure my OH got our kids from Ebay, and got the machine and 17 games for a bargain price.

He was allowed to say whether games were for boys/girls and to give a preference for types of games. We were very happy with what we got.

Let me ask him to check up and see if he can find the Ebay store and I will get back to you.

M
Excellent, that would be great.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:13 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You can get the Lite in scarlet and bright blue now - well funky.
u can get them in dual colours one being black and red well smart...my two saved up for theirs and think they r the bees knees..i got them Brain train its fab I use it...had a brain of a 80 year old now down to 56 in 2 weeks lol
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by herrchook
Excellent, that would be great.
ebay.com.au/Brand-New-PINK-Nintendo-DS-Lite-20-Games-Accesories_W0QQitemZ300236139135QQihZ020QQcategory Z111761QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seller on Ebay is biggerworld, if the link doesn't work.

OH said that they are now offering 20 games with Nintendo.

When OH bought last Christmas, he got to choose some games as part of the deal. We were more than happy with what we got.

It may be that if you have 2 girls that there will not be as much choice, but definately better, (IMO) than paying $30+ per game.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Sorry if this sounds short, we are having our first domestic since 1998! Please beam me out of here!

LOL!

M ;-)
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:52 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
u can get them in dual colours one being black and red well smart...my two saved up for theirs and think they r the bees knees..i got them Brain train its fab I use it...had a brain of a 80 year old now down to 56 in 2 weeks lol
I HATE braintraining. I actually think I have no brain after playing that damn thing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.