Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

looking after kids,,easy or not...

looking after kids,,easy or not...

Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:34 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: looking after kids,,easy or not...

Originally Posted by dotnron
When my kids were young (3 and 1) I left them for as long as it takes to run to the loo for a quick pee. When I got back, 3 year old had sprayed down the baby with water from the plant misting bottle and dumped a bag of flour over his head. Instant glue on a 1 year old.
Another time when I was pregnant with my second child my first little angel got herself out of her crib and went into the nursery. She managed to smear an entire jar of Vaseline over herself and every surface in the room. I only knew she was in there because I heard her trying to open the door. Her little hands were so slippery from goo she was trapped.
Looking back now I wonder how I managed to stay somewhat sane.
PMSL

Very funny....anyone with kids can relate to these

Why do we never learn and have more
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:35 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
PMSL

You might be a shite cook and babysitter....... but you're funny.

I can see why the wife has kept you on
i'll tell you what honestly i'm not joking if i spend more time on here ,if the gaffer gets up and sees the house ,i dont think if i tell her ive been on here with you having a laugh it will get me off the hook,,you would have to see what they have done to the house to believe it,,and there killing each other...

i swear on the holly bible my six year old daughter has just kicked my little boy 3 in his privates and hes shouted at the top of his voice"youve just heart my gonads"

ive got to go have a great day .

aston
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:37 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man
i'll tell you what honestly i'm not joking if i spend more time on here ,if the gaffer gets up and sees the house ,i dont think if i tell her ive been on here with you having a laugh it will get me off the hook,,you would have to see what they have done to the house to believe it,,and there killing each other...

i swear on the holly bible my six year old daughter has just kicked my little boy 3 in his privates and hes shouted at the top of his voice"youve just heart my gonads"

ive got to go have a great day .

aston
LOL.....OK ta ra m8...and don't forget to put your pinny on
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

jeeezz its hard work looking after kids while im on here their wrecking the house,making dens all over the house.

i dont envy my mrs at all.i would rather be at work anyday of the week...

how can they manage to make the house look like a bomb has gone off in two minutes...

well i must go...i aint got a minute the little en is walking round in dirty wellies...jeez...

Looking after them is easy. Its cooking, cleaning, tidying, shopping, paying bills, making brekkie, lunch, tea and tidy up after etc etc with the kids at home thats bloody hard. Especially when you try and do it all for 5pm when the OH comes in from work
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:43 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel17796
Looking after them is easy. Its cooking, cleaning, tidying, shopping, paying bills, making brekkie, lunch, tea and tidy up after etc etc with the kids at home thats bloody hard. Especially when you try and do it all for 5pm when the OH comes in from work

hey just popped back,
just found this...i'll be on a promise now.

www.beefyandlamby.co.uk/tips.html -
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:18 am
Banned

hey just popped back,
just found this...i'll be on a promise now.

www.beefyandlamby.co.uk/tips.html -
well its all over now.i cannot work out how you work the cooker..bloddy half cooker ,top oven, fan ,half grill,full grill.jeez i just want to switch the bloody thing on no fly to bleedin oz in it..
Old Oct 29th 2006, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

well its all over now.i cannot work out how you work the cooker..bloddy half cooker ,top oven, fan ,half grill,full grill.jeez i just want to switch the bloody thing on no fly to bleedin oz in it..

LMAO today i did 5 loads of washing (towels and bedsheets) and cleaned and washed the floors so no ants!! made tonights tea (mince and tatties) went for the neccesitys at the shops for the next week, filled the car with petrol, came back and sorted the 5 loads of washing. Cooked tea and the OH decided not hungry at that precise moment. (had wine break and made childs tea and put to bed) re heated OHs tea, put in dishwasher. Then took all washing in and made the beds.

Took in last clothes wash and now on the last white wash ready to hang out. Gutted im working all next week

Cant wait to get to work to do non house stuff lol
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by angel17796
LMAO today i did 5 loads of washing (towels and bedsheets) and cleaned and washed the floors so no ants!! made tonights tea (mince and tatties) went for the neccesitys at the shops for the next week, filled the car with petrol, came back and sorted the 5 loads of washing. Cooked tea and the OH decided not hungry at that precise moment. (had wine break and made childs tea and put to bed) re heated OHs tea, put in dishwasher. Then took all washing in and made the beds.

Took in last clothes wash and now on the last white wash ready to hang out. Gutted im working all next week

Cant wait to get to work to do non house stuff lol
credit where its due you ladies do work hard,its easier going to work,,,

p,s i cooked the beef and cooked different to how the gaffer cooks it..she even said it was better my way..
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You may now realise why, when you come home from work, and the place looks like a pig sty, and you say "jeez, see you've been sitting on your arse all day" you get a kick in the gonads - your kids are role playing - they've seen what their mum and dad get up to
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:49 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

what do us poor blockes get???

You get your dinner cooked every night, the skid marks washed off your flipping boxers, your house cleaned, your kids bathed and put to bed and a lovely lady to give flowers to!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
You get your dinner cooked every night, the skid marks washed off your flipping boxers, your house cleaned, your kids bathed and put to bed and a lovely lady to give flowers to!
i know what your saying ladies but i would get a routine sorted and i would be finished for 10 am and have the rest of the day to myself.get myself down the gym and then have me nails and hair done.get meself all done up for when the old man gets home.easy

now i know how to work the cooker there will be no stopping me next sunday

Last edited by aston man; Oct 30th 2006 at 2:59 am.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Yes have to do my fair share of this myself, As my wife and I tend to work opposite shifts.

4 kids we have, oldest two are adults now. Our youngest boy now aged 8 even though he has been the easiest to get along with, is the one that has pushed the extremes the furthest. Two incidents, once when he was just crawling he managed to find a elastic band under the couch. I didn't know what he had in his mouth, except he couldn't breath, passed out, was frothing at the mouth, I was on the phone to the ambulance, holding him upside down, when luckily, it slid out of his throat. Now that was bloody scary.

Second incident was when he was about 2, We live on a road busy enough to have traffic lights at the end of it. My oldest daughter was cooking pancakes, and decided she needed to get some lemons from up the road, with my 3nd at the time 6yo daughter at the time in hot pursuit. Unbenowns to us she had raced out leaving the doors wide open, including the front gate. Only thing we knew about it, was a busy time of day, and the cars were honking out on the road. Theres our 2 YO Standing smack bang in the middle of the road, with cars going past him either side... Not one bugger stopped. No harm done, but that could have been a real tragedy.

Nope I dont envy women one bit. Mind you I probably do at least 40 pct of the household duties I reckon.

Oh well got to go pick up the kids and cook tea lol

Whoops best hang out the washing first.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 30th 2006 at 3:01 am.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:03 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Yes have to do my fair share of this myself, As my wife and I tend to work opposite shifts.

4 kids we have, oldest two are adults now. Our youngest boy now aged 8 even though he has been the easiest to get along with, is the one that has pushed the extremes the furthest. Two incidents, once when he was just crawling he managed to find a elastic band under the couch. I didn't know what he had in his mouth, except he couldn't breath, passed out, was frothing at the mouth, I was on the phone to the ambulance, holding him upside down, when luckily, it slid out of his throat. Now that was bloody scary.

Second incident was when he was about 2, We live on a road busy enough to have traffic lights at the end of it. My oldest daughter was cooking pancakes, and decided she needed to get some lemons from up the road, with my 3nd at the time 6yo daughter at the time in hot pursuit. Unbenowns to us she had raced out leaving the doors wide open, including the front gate. Only thing we knew about it, was a busy time of day, and the cars were honking out on the road. Theres our 2 YO Standing smack bang in the middle of the road, with cars going past him either side... Not one bugger stopped. No harm done, but that could have been a real tradgedy.

Nope I dont envy women one bit. Mind you I probably do at least 40 pct of the household duties I reckon.

Oh well got to go pick up the kids and cook tea lol

good on yer mate,the old days are long gone where the wife has the slippers waiting..its all hands to the pump nowadays...

glad the youngen was o,k