Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Look what the climate change Nazis have come up with now (Warning - NOT for children)

Wikiposts

Look what the climate change Nazis have come up with now (Warning - NOT for children)

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 12:41 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Look what the climate change Nazis have come up with now (Warning - NOT for child

Originally Posted by ukecadet
.Listen to yourself you keep coming up with quality British comedy.Stand by your principles!!! don't flip flop.
However, stop avoiding my query and give me a rib tickling true blue Australian comedy.Come on you must have at least one.
I'm not sure I kept coming up with decent quality comedy started in the last decade. I think I'm up to 1 (QI) at the moment. It's not good compared to the 80s and 90s. I think it highlights how crap British comedy has become over the last decade.

I'm not avoiding your query. I'm just not quite sure why you're asking me? I've made no suggestion that Aus has any rib tickling true blue comedy. The only Aus comedy I would go out of my way to watch would be Chaser which as I said before has its moments (of brilliance). Check out post #34.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Oct 2nd 2010 at 1:06 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 2:33 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Look what the climate change Nazis have come up with now (Warning - NOT for child

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I'm not sure I kept coming up with decent quality comedy started in the last decade. I think I'm up to 1 (QI) at the moment. It's not good compared to the 80s and 90s. I think it highlights how crap British comedy has become over the last decade.

I'm not avoiding your query. I'm just not quite sure why you're asking me? I've made no suggestion that Aus has any rib tickling true blue comedy. The only Aus comedy I would go out of my way to watch would be Chaser which as I said before has its moments (of brilliance). Check out post #34.
Soz,missed#34 first time round.
First season of Chaser was alright but later ones became infantile .
Big Bang and Boston.
I was asking you because rightly or wrongly I thought you were having a pop at British comedy,which in my umble, is the best in the world(the gooduns that is).Looking at your response thus far I may have had the wrong end of the stick.No worries...moving on.
adieu.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 3:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I can't think of any examples of really good British comedy in the last decade. I guess you could count Only Fools and Horses (last special in 2003) but the series itself finished 19 years ago.

There's been some mildly amusing stuff but nothing really great. IMHO.
The Inbetweeners.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 3:39 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The Inbetweeners.
Just watched series 2 the other night "your a feisty one" said in that awful Yoda imitation screech. God I laughed so much I almost peed me knickers
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 3:46 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I like about 8 of these ,dislike the rest.
Have an idea of your preferences now.
Last 3 brit comedies that I recently watched and enjoyed are Psychoville,Ideal and inbetweeners.
Whats your thoughts on them?
Psychoville at first I thought it was a bit weird, even for me!

Ideal think its great

Inbetweeners just started watching them but it's F'in hilarious , but there's nothing quite like balls of steel!
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:17 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
What's it taking the piss out of though? George Orwell's 1984, the SS at Auschwitz?
Dunno. Just find it bemusing that anyone would make an ad like that and think that people would take it seriously???
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

haunted is a jewel in the roughhaunted is a jewel in the roughhaunted is a jewel in the roughhaunted is a jewel in the roughhaunted is a jewel in the rough

Well that's 4 minutes of my life I wont get back. Now....where did I put the keys to my 4x4?
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Soz,missed#34 first time round.
First season of Chaser was alright but later ones became infantile .
Big Bang and Boston.
I was asking you because rightly or wrongly I thought you were having a pop at British comedy,which in my umble, is the best in the world(the gooduns that is).Looking at your response thus far I may have had the wrong end of the stick.No worries...moving on.
adieu.
Now, moving onto music. There's been nothing decent produced since 1995
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:29 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Current stuff being offered by the ABC and othe Aus channels.

Horne and Corden. Lasted 15 mins before I decided it wasn't worth it.

Harry and Paul. Even shorter than Horne and Corden. 10 mins.

Gary the Tank Commander. Managed to get through a couple of them but it's not outstanding or memorable stuff.

Spaced. Gave up half way through the 1st episode.

The IT crowd. Same as Spaced.

The Office (saw this in the UK). Really funny idea for a one-off programme but not for a complete series let alone multiple series.

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme. (again something that was on when I was in UK). Never managed to get through an episode. My parents used to like it though.

Outnumbered. Lasted about 10 minutes.

Peep Show. Although I like the 2 comedians who star in this I don't find this programme very good. Haven't made it through 1 episode.

QI. This is good. Look forward to the next episode.

Drop the Dead Donkey (does this one sneak in to the last decade?). Loved this at the time but haven't rushed back to see it on Plus7. But I'll give it a thumbs up

Other Stuff.
Little Britain. Have only seen one of these. It had some funny bits but not enough to make me watch a 2nd episode. Seems to be relying on cult humour.

Couples. Occasional good episode. But not consistent over time.

One Foot in the Grave. Not bad but not my cup of tea.

The Royale Family. What a load of poo. I've never made it through 1 episode.

Have I got News for You. (Obviously something that started more than a decade ago). Still love to see this when I get the chance.
Some but again not a lot.

Chaser has its moments.

I only saw a few but Comedy Inc (the late shift) was pretty good.

I only caught the tail end of it but the Glass House was worth a watch.

Didn't make it through 1 episode of Kath and Kim.

Good News Week is nowhere near as good as HIGNFY.

Most of the stuff I've enjoyed over the last 10 years has come out of the US. Current favourite has to be Big Bang Theory. Prior to that it was probably Boston Legal (which may not be strictly classed as a comedy).
The fact that you find hardly any British or Australian comedy funny anymore can mean only one thing... you have turned into a miserable old b'stard.

I speak from personal experience as well.

QI always makes me laugh and occasionally borders on brilliance.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I love QI, also Whose Line is it Anyway?, Coupling,(even now the word "gusset" can crack up the OH), Allo Allo,(Herr Flick in his gestapo coat and stockings and the bad singing of Edith, Michelle -"listen carefully, I shall say this only once".)
NB I prefer mainly the earlier episodes, as like anything else the later ones lose their originalty and wit, and the OH likes Gavin and Stacey- mainly cos he is Welsh! Also the series Absolutely had some funny moments- remember the villagers of "Stoneybridge"? Hilarious one about them trying to bid for the Olympics.

The best part is introducing teenage daughter to these and watching her squirm as she realises the double entendres, or laughing hilariously and then saying "what?" - better than the show itself!
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
The fact that you find hardly any British or Australian comedy funny anymore can mean only one thing... you have turned into a miserable old b'stard.

I speak from personal experience as well.

QI always makes me laugh and occasionally borders on brilliance.
You could be right. Especially when you add in the music.

It's a sad state of affairs when my German friend thinks Brit comedy is funnier than I think it is.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Oct 2nd 2010 at 9:52 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:48 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I love Gavin & Stacey and I'm hearing good things about The Inbetweeners so must give it a go.

I love Outnumbered now but it took me a couple of episodes to get into it.

Oh, and Lee evans and Michael McIntyre make me wee myself with laughter
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:51 am
Account Closed

One of the interesting things about watching QI is that whist everyone else has aged, Clive Anderson hasn't. Clearly he had the advantage of looking old from an early age.

David Mitchell always cracks me up when he's on there.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 10:57 am

Now, moving onto music. There's been nothing decent produced since 1995
Oh come off it.What about The Wurzels 'Never Mind The Bullocks'
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by kelli28
Psychoville at first I thought it was a bit weird, even for me!

Ideal think its great

Inbetweeners just started watching them but it's F'in hilarious , but there's nothing quite like balls of steel!
I find bits of balls of steel funny.Seeing 2 guy's mutilate each other is always good for a giggle and the game show bit is comical.
Do you think the skit where the beautiful young woman comes onto a guy with a partner is set up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.