Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Longest distance you've ever driven ?

Longest distance you've ever driven ?

Old Nov 29th 2014, 10:28 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Longest distance you've ever driven ?

Originally Posted by Rhubarb65
895 miles (1440 kms) in one day, round-trip from Strathblane (north of Glasgow) to Wembley stadium, north London to watch my beloved Crystal Palace vs. Sheffield United in a play-off football final. I left home at 05.00 am and got back around 01.00 am next morning.

As I got north of Carlisle on the homeward trip, I could feel my eyes closing and had to pull over for a powernap - it probably saved my life.
After the match a couple of days ago, all I could see in your post was 'my beloved Crystal Palace'! Still, you certainly deserved to win, we were shite
Old Nov 29th 2014, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
After the match a couple of days ago, all I could see in your post was 'my beloved Crystal Palace'! Still, you certainly deserved to win, we were shite

Ahh yes, Palace have had a lot of 'interesting' games v Liverpool over the years.

My MK to Nottingham trip via South London to pick up my mates was Palace based, I also accidently (through fatigue) drove on the wrong side of a dual carriageway in Cambridge after watching Palace play at Ipswich whilst driving back to MKeynes.
Old Nov 29th 2014, 9:46 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Our longest day was 14 hrs and 1300kms Coral Bay to Bunbury. Not planned but Gasgoyne flooded and severed road for 2 weeks back in 2010. I remember it was like Whacky races all queuing up waiting for road to open. Also done 4500km in 11days (5 days driving) doing Perth, Exmouth, Karijini, Perth.
Both trips just a fraction of WA.

PS Mrs worked for Palace for many years. Odd woman, maybe explains why she choose me!
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Back in 81 myself a 3 others drove from Carmarthen to South of France (St Tropez) left 5ish on a Sunday afternoon caught the ferry at Dover at 6am Monday got to St Tropez at half eleven Monday night in a 1300 Datsun
Old Dec 7th 2014, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Right the way round www.travelsroundoz.com | A Lap of the Map but it did take 9 months!
Old Dec 8th 2014, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Right the way round www.travelsroundoz.com | A Lap of the Map but it did take 9 months!

Great reading and something we're aspiring too.