Long Service Leave.

Old Mar 28th 2019, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Service Leave.

Right we should be off at the end of next week. Got all the gear installed, bought a Fiamma f45 Awning .... Tested out our gear for a few days at Wangaratta.... hit a couple of snags, with the door slider now leaking badly in the rain.... due to brackets in the gutter blocking the gutter causing the water to overflow in through the top of the sliderdoor ..... getting that adjusted this weekend.... but worse was my auto gearbox started to slip and had run out of of most of it's auto trans oil.... with no apparent leak. Topped it up with Trans Oil, which fixed the problem, although no one can tell me why or how this is happening, with no sign of a leak, 2nd time it's done it in the two years I've had it. Whilst checking the Auto trans found the bloody rear main seal had developed an oil leak, so getting that fixed on Tuesday next. Lucky this happened locally is all I can say, so I can use my established contacts who I know wont rip me off or charge over the top.

Not sure whether to go for another check out trip first or just head off, will decide after they fix the leak and see if they can shed any light on this mysterious auto trans leak... the gearbox has to come out apparently to fix this rear seal leak, so hopefully they'll find the issue then.... Dont fancy that going bung out the back of never never with all the gear, we've got onboard.

Solar and fridge works brillianlty .... Got some more ideas for the camper as well, like adding a loft bed to give us more internal room.

Wifes Genius Jenga like packing.....

Typical set up.... we have ground covers as well.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 28th 2019 at 10:57 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2019, 5:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Glad Wangaratta was a success, looking forward to the stories and photos once you hit the road! I know you're gonna find the best watering holes, so don't forget to tag all the local brews as well!
See you back in Melbourne sometime, I can't wait for my next trip down
Old Mar 30th 2019, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Yes will do, this time next week we should be in Coober Pedy or Port Augusta.
Old Mar 30th 2019, 7:11 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Old Mar 31st 2019, 6:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun champ
Old Apr 13th 2019, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

How's it going?
Old Apr 14th 2019, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ayres rock camping ground
Old Apr 14th 2019, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My wife Sharon taking a good vantage point over the Breakaways at Coober pedy
Old Apr 14th 2019, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Really well vans going great albeit a tad slowly... But were enjoying it... 4 nights here at Ayres Rock.. Doing a walk tomorrow
Old Apr 14th 2019, 10:33 am
Home and Happy

Really well vans going great albeit a tad slowly... But were enjoying it... 4 nights here at Ayres Rock.. Doing a walk tomorrow
Long as you are enjoying it - sometmes slow is better as you can see more en route!
Old Apr 14th 2019, 11:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos Ozzie. Your set up looks really good, you've put a lot of thought into this! Are you finding it easy to sleep or is it taking a bit of getting used to?
Old Apr 14th 2019, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Great photos Ozzie. Your set up looks really good, you've put a lot of thought into this! Are you finding it easy to sleep or is it taking a bit of getting used to?
Generally speaking its pretty good. However if you find yourself on a bit of an incline that can wake you in the night. My wife is so natural to this camping lark though that i reckon its an inherent taussie trait that you probably share? Shes made it ver comfortable.
Old Apr 14th 2019, 12:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Generally speaking its pretty good. However if you find yourself on a bit of an incline that can wake you in the night. My wife is so natural to this camping lark though that i reckon its an inherent taussie trait that you probably share? Shes made it ver comfortable.
Oh yes I'm with Sharon, I can sleep on gravel on top of a bull ants' nest Sharon sounds (and looks!) lovely. I'm glad you're doing ok with the sleeping, you'll probably get to the stage where you can't sleep on a plush, comfy king size bed on level ground. Or maybe not I'm enjoying your travels, keep in touch when you can!
Old Apr 24th 2019, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Been in the Alice for the last 4 days, had a small issue with the auto trans at Kings Canyon of all places, which is quite remote. However got it checked out here in Alice Springs and all ok. We are off to the Anzac day commeration very shortly an Iconic place to be if your going. Then it's onwards to Darwin by the looks. A great way to see the Country and Alice Springs is really worth a visit for everyone. Very impressed with this town.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Apr 24th 2019 at 7:37 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2019, 1:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Been in the Alice for the last 4 days, had a small issue with the auto trans at Kings Canyon of all places, which is quite remote. However got it checked out here in Alice Springs and all ok. We are off to the Anzac day commeration very shortly an Iconic place to be if your going. Then it's onwards to Darwin by the looks. A great way to see the Country and Alice Springs is really worth a visit for everyone. Very impressed with this town.

Haha free wifi for the shedloads of tourists to send this very photo out into social media world! Loving the updates and photos, keep 'em coming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.