Wikiposts

London Mayor

Old May 1st 2008, 10:15 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Mayor

Originally Posted by rabsody
A bit like George Bush then?!
Lol! Boris has the endearing buffoonery of Ronald Reagan.... with that ruffled public-schoolboy charm he's just iresistable

Last edited by JenniGee; May 1st 2008 at 10:19 pm.
Old May 1st 2008, 10:18 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt mind actually having a politician to laught at for a change - getting bored of wanting to give them a great big kick in the mouth.
Old May 1st 2008, 11:08 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!!! for Boris - the only Tory the plebs have actually heard of - Vote Boris & stop the rotters!
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:30 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenniGee
YAY!!! for Boris - the only Tory the plebs have actually heard of - Vote Boris & stop the rotters!
I have to laugh every time I see him - I just cant take him seriously!
Old May 2nd 2008, 3:52 am
Da bing bing!

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
I have to laugh every time I see him - I just cant take him seriously!
Traitor.

The man's a political heavyweight of the finest stature.

If I can't get to Oz, I'm leaving my OH & bearing his children.
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:08 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You really want that pompous idiot as Mayor
No... That's why I want Boris in...
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:09 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

"Ken Livingstone's campaign manager Tessa Jowell has said she does not think he will win the mayoral race."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7378792.stm

Looks like early retirement for Ken...!
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DrWho
"Ken Livingstone's campaign manager Tessa Jowell has said she does not think he will win the mayoral race."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7378792.stm

Looks like early retirement for Ken...!

What a shame!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:55 am
Timelord

YEAH...! It's Boris...!
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

London may well have the most right wing government in Europe now according to what I've read. Somewhere approaching what they have in Italy.

I'll leave you with an informed quote from some of the inhabitants that live there.

quote:Originally posted by rambo
This is exactly the sort of London I want to live in – not caring where someone comes from (whether born in London or not) or their family background (treating both snobbery and inverted snobbery with equal distain) but celebrating what they can contribute. And preferring optimistic good nature to tired backward-looking cynicism. What a great city.

Adrenalin john replies...
Well on this we can agree fully - where we disagree is that you think that is what BJ brings and I think he brings nothing like that at all.

I was not born in London, I come from a (relatively) privileged background so you won't get any inverted snobbery from me - and if you do feel free to call me a hypocrite.

I have never met BJ despite the fact my oldest friend is a contemporary of his from eton, but what I see of him from his record and soundings is a deeply elitist and selfish man. A man displaying all the characteristics of wanting to pleasure himself at all costs and not the least interested in helping others, the very antithesis of what any wider city needs in terms of leadership qualities.

The dislike of Ken I can understand (although he has done as much good as harm), the kicking the labour party got I can also fully understand - and support - but the elevation of Boris Johnson to head this city...........words fail me

Got to say it seems to sum the views of the informed that are worried about this result.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:08 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Quite possibly the funniest election result ever. I won't be surprised if I read the next London election coverage to discover that they've installed Mr Blobby as their mayor ...
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:11 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
The man's a political heavyweight of the finest stature.
I agree - just like The Chuckle Brothers, Joey Deacon and Benny off Crossroads.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is interested.....57 pages worth of chat on this subject by Londoners, with a heavy slant on Surrey and Hampshire and Kent on this board. Even the right wingers are worried.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?threadid=168578
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:14 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
If anyone is interested.....57 pages worth of chat on this subject by Londoners, with a heavy slant on Surrey and Hampshire and Kent on this board. Even the right wingers are worried.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?threadid=168578
Just read the small print of the results ...

Boris Johnson (Tory): 1,043,761
Ken Livingstone (Lab): 893,877
Brian Paddick (Lib Dem): 236,685
Sian Berry, (Green): 77,374
Richard Barnbrook (BNP): 69,710

BNP only marginally behind the greens ...
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hutch
Just read the small print of the results ...

Boris Johnson (Tory): 1,043,761
Ken Livingstone (Lab): 893,877
Brian Paddick (Lib Dem): 236,685
Sian Berry, (Green): 77,374
Richard Barnbrook (BNP): 69,710

BNP only marginally behind the greens ...
Yes thats upsetting the locals almost as much as so many people stuffing this result up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.