Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The London 2012 Olympic Thread

The London 2012 Olympic Thread

Old Jul 16th 2012, 2:49 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: The London 2012 Olympic Thread

Originally Posted by DeadVim
In the spirit of sporting rivalry I hope the Australians (including the conveniently ignored imported 'new Australians') fall flat on their arses and their colonial masters give them a good kicking...
Yep - sounds good to me. And not unlikley either by all accounts:
http://www.news.com.au/national/auss...-1226422066537

"...Australia faces the grim prospect of its worst Olympics result in two decades.." sounds FANTASTIC!

I cant wait to hear the winging and moaning and complaining about 'dodgy rules' or 'blatant favouritism' or whatever else the aussie media come up with to explain why 'their boys and girls' dont top the table in everything...
Old Jul 16th 2012, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain

"...Australia faces the grim prospect of its worst Olympics result in two decades.." sounds FANTASTIC!

I cant wait to hear the winging and moaning and complaining about 'dodgy rules' or 'blatant favouritism' or whatever else the aussie media come up with to explain why 'their boys and girls' dont top the table in everything...
Smallest team too. Show's how much they care about the London Olympics. Could be comparable to Britains 34th place back in '96
Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:24 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Those of you that happen to have 3D TVs, and Freeview HD receivers capable of MPEG4, and who live in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast, may like to know that the Nine 3D Olympics channel is now live for the duration. Mind they are showing the BBC package of ceremonies and highlights during the day only - which is a bit daft.

Channels to tune to, and other info in : http://nine.com.au/img/comingsoon/20...Technology.pdf
Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Those of you that happen to have 3D TVs, and Freeview HD receivers capable of MPEG4, and who live in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast, may like to know that the Nine 3D Olympics channel is now live for the duration. Mind they are showing the BBC package of ceremonies and highlights during the day only - which is a bit daft.

Channels to tune to, and other info in : http://nine.com.au/img/comingsoon/20...Technology.pdf
Channel 9 is banned in my house. That said I is there was quite an interesting episode of the Mentalist on last night. Commercials every 4 minutes that went for 4 minutes. We just got so tired of the endless rubbish and switched over in the end. If I wasn't going to the games , Foxtel all the way.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:41 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Channel 9 is banned in my house. That said I is there was quite an interesting episode of the Mentalist on last night. Commercials every 4 minutes that went for 4 minutes. We just got so tired of the endless rubbish and switched over in the end. If I wasn't going to the games , Foxtel all the way.
Since they are just running the Beeb package, you can hope that the 3D won't have adverts in it.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
That pole vaulter is pants too ... silly hair ...
He looks like Carrot Top.

Old Jul 16th 2012, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sideshow Bob.....

Now we need the bart lookalike
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:52 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain

I'd blame the immigrants, the team is full of them

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I didn't need to see that before dinner
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pomster
enjoying it already immensely.

Traffic queues went past my door most of last week, and we live bloody miles away from any where Olympic related...but the Zil lanes are having the desired effect of causing rush hour London traffic to grind to a standstill.

Roll on mid August.
Well in anticipation of the fun and games in London I'm finishing my job on Friday and taking a month off before starting my new job I will be out of London the whole time in Scotland, Norway and Iceland.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:51 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

wotif the Icelandic volcano Eyjafwhatchacallit throws a tantrum ?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

So what would be your favourite Olympic moments?

For me i think the 2 Ovett v Coe 800m and 1500m clashes at i think the Moscow games where each won the others favoured event, epic!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:39 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon

For me i think the 2 Ovett v Coe 800m and 1500m clashes at i think the Moscow games where each won the others favoured event, epic!
The Ovett and Coe clashes were classic.

For me Daley Thompson in competition and whistling the anthem on the podium ... top bloke
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:48 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
The first openly-gay Olympian winning a Gold medal after performing the highest scoring dive in Olympic history!

I'm not sure why the silver and bronze medallists look uncomfortable...

Last edited by commonwealth; Jul 16th 2012 at 11:50 am.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commonwealth
wotif the Icelandic volcano Eyjafwhatchacallit throws a tantrum ?
I will go and see it if possible.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:38 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think the brits will **** it up,tis happening already

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.